Koss SB 45 vs 49, which is better?

Falling Anvil

[H]ard|Gawd
I know that there was a topic on this recently, but I don't think people will appreciate it if I bump it. ;) The SB 45s are recommended by the sticky thread at the top of the forum page, so that's a known quantity. However from what I gather the SB 49s are newer, cheaper and are slightly different in some ways to the 45s, some would say for the worse. Is this true? The SB 45s are indeed more expensive at Buy.com, which seems to have the best price for both of these headsets, however I suppose the few dollars in price difference is acceptable if they have the better quality.

And what about other alternatives in that price range? How do the Sennheiser PC 150 series stack up?

45 is the best. the 49 has issues with the sound. for some reason they are totally different sounding. I think the inline controls mess with the output.

the SB45 is worth $100 much less $35 or so.

The senn 150 is nowhere near the 45 in any respect.

i have the sb49. it does not have much bass, has a VERY bright midrange and high end. good for voice comms over teamspeak and such. no bass slam whatsoever like spacemans sb40 (might try them sooner or later) only cost me 22.00 shipped at buy.com-use google checkout for 10.00 off!

senn eh150 refurbs are 4.00 + 14.00 shipping on ebay. a better choice is hd465 for 29.00 shipped price. great bass, decent mids.
try this place for more senn refurb deals -great prices- shipping is 12.00 tho- but only about 1 dollar extra for the 2nd item, etc
http://www.getpartsonline.com/other-items-audio-sennheiser.html
eh350's are good ,anybody try pc151 headset?

Yeah it is weird but the SB40 does have pretty good bass after they break in. Arty and big guns sound decent. Of course, I do have a $500 dac helping my X-Fi along lol.

What they do very well is pinpoint footsteps. If you play infy only games like CS or Cod they friggin OWN.

SB49's suck.. One of the worst purchases I've made in a long time. The minute I got them onto my head, I was disappointed. No bass at all, and the mids sounded too "crisp".. And after a few days usage the effing volumecontrol broke..

I get them tomorrow from repair and I'm gonna sell them asap.

Back