Kojima says PS3 superior to 360

Well of course it can. We are talking about the cut scenes which explains the why and this theatre analogy, right? Performance wise, they run neck and neck. If konami use the in-game engine for the cut scene then there wouldnt be a problem at all. And of course he must promote his game so he will say things like that to pique interest.

MGS games always are from the in-game engines.

From what I understand, the only difference would be in the audio department. Would the difference in audio really be that great?

BTW, is Kojima a computer engineer or an experienced programmer on top of his profession as a writer/director/producer/designer? (I'm not being sarcastic-- I sincerely ask this.)

I didn't say that, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't doctor my posts. Anyways, I was a huge fan of MGS back when it was still good, but I've never heard of this kojima loser...

If you were a fan, then you would have known who he is b/c he's always on the opening credits, and on the front of every game case. If you read it, it says "A Hideo Kojima Game."

I didn't say that, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't doctor my posts. Anyways, I was a huge fan of MGS back when it was still good, but I've never heard of this kojima loser...

hahaha you claimed yourself as a HUGE fan of MGS, but you don't know who kojima is ? hahaha total BS.

So basically, Kojima is pushing the PS3 version first to appease Sony since it will undoubtedly be a timed exclusive.

Someone should let Kojima in on the little "secret" that the GPU in the 360 is easily more powerful than its PS3 counterpart.

What makes you so sure it is a timed exclusive other than your hate for sony? MGS series isn't all about shiny graphics but great gameplay, perhaps the cell or expanded storage space of the 50gb bd is something he cares to take advantage of. He has stated many times he plans to take the audio to a new level something the xbox clearly is more limited in. And GPUs arent they only thing responsible for graphics in the closed enviroment in consoles as CPUs can and do play a major role, there isnt one game out that can't be achieved on either system yet.

What makes you so sure it is a timed exclusive other than your hate for sony? MGS series isn't all about shiny graphics but great gameplay, perhaps the cell or expanded storage space of the 50gb bd is something he cares to take advantage of. He has stated many times he plans to take the audio to a new level something the xbox clearly is more limited in. And GPUs arent they only thing responsible for graphics in the closed enviroment in consoles as CPUs can and do play a major role, there isnt one game out that can't be achieved on either system yet.

I would have to agree.

While I think both systems have their strengths, Kojima wants to play to the strengths of the PS3.

From what I have heard of him so far, his only disappointment is the lack of rumble. I think someone mentioned that Sony would be including rumble down the line in their controllers now that the lawsuit has been settled.

On another note to K600, while I think the 360 has a more powerful GPU, any team working on MGS is probably very skilled and will use the entire console a lot more efficiently and effectively then any other dev team has so far. The Cell is a good candidate to help out the RSX’s shortcomings. A port is not out of the question, but I think it’s unlikely. Wasnt the only MGS game on the Xbox Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance?

This is one game I am happy is staying the PS3, as I believe the quality will speak for itself. GTA4 is something I would much rather see multiplatform, as it seems to fit much better on the 360 with things like achievements and friends lists. I have always felt that console exclusives are a more rounded game. Gears of War is a good example, so is God of War.

GTA4 is something I would much rather see multiplatform, as it seems to fit much better on the 360 with things like achievements and friends lists. .

Well, hopefully (and it seems) with the inclusion of Playstation Home, we'll be able to do just that on our Playstation 3s (achievements, friend lists, etc), only better with all the stuff that is possible on Home.

I dont think there was to much wrong with what he said. Nothing surprising anyways.
I think you guys are taking it as to much of an attack

Anyone else find it funny he uses the theater analogy, seeing as how MGS2 was basically an interactive movie?

Anyone else find it funny he uses the theater analogy, seeing as how MGS2 was basically an interactive movie?

That's a damn lie.

It wasn't interactive. I've played Night Trap and had more interaction than that, I can't remember how many times I just said "for fucks sake" after taking 10 steps and watching a 20 minute cutscene.

Its funny how a co-creater of the Final Fantasy series left Square and started making RPGs for the 360 and got tons of praise for rooting for the 360. These days, everybody seems to be anti-PS3.

Maybe its gonna come to the 360 a few months after it comes to the PS3. Just like a movie goes from theater to DVD?

Excuse me ... where does he say "PS3 is superior to the 360?", I didn't see it. :confused:

Also, .dot foldered this thread for when MSG4 is announced for the 360, lol.

Well, hopefully (and it seems) with the inclusion of Playstation Home, we'll be able to do just that on our Playstation 3s (achievements, friend lists, etc), only better with all the stuff that is possible on Home.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

/deep breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

edit. $600

Bah. Never could get behind MGS series. I like good control in a spy game and I could never "get" MGS. Splinter Cell I can do (but still dont much like). Oh well, I've got Gears of War. Blowing stuff up is more fun anyway!

I apparently do not understand the hype behind the MGS series. The only one I've played to completion (besides the NES titles) was MGS. Something about two kept me from being interested enough in it to keep going, Raiden, I think his name was :p

I rented three and hated it, but understand the Subsistence version to be vastly superior.

Anyhow, it's not like anyone can claim surprise at a heavily entrenched Sony series' developer slyly insinuating preference for the platform the game is being developed on. After all, it will likely be a system seller, when it comes out, whenever that is. And it's not like I won't own a PS3 eventually, if I ever feel the burning desire to play it.

I fail to see how either camp could get worked up or claim a moral victory on something so obvious.

What makes you so sure it is a timed exclusive other than your hate for sony?

Business.

Kojima might prefer the Playstation 3, but he's got a business to run and financiers to answer to just like everyone else in the industry. The Playstation 3 has a fraction of the installed userbase and that fraction doesn't have nearly as high an attach ratio as the people who buy Xbox 360 games.

Perhaps Kojima just likes the PS3? I mean, there are people out there who bought a PS3 instead of an Xbox360. Out of all the developers out there, there would have to be some who chose the PS3. I don't think there's any need to suspect any deceit on his part, he's entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

I don't really give a damn what he thinks about the console war. I just want his game to be on my console.

Perhaps Kojima just likes the PS3? I mean, there are people out there who bought a PS3 instead of an Xbox360. Out of all the developers out there, there would have to be some who chose the PS3. I don't think there's any need to suspect any deceit on his part, he's entitled to an opinion like everyone else.

I don't really give a damn what he thinks about the console war. I just want his game to be on my console.

Kojima has stated he wants to develop for the other systems this time around (360, wii and PC)

However I still don't think MGS4 is coming to 360.

The only think the X360 has going for it thats better than the PS3 are 3 little red lights.

The only think the X360 has going for it thats better than the PS3 are 3 little red lights.

...and a wider variety of games, cheaper pricepoint, a more promising outlook on upcoming exclusives, a unified online structure that has the same features for every game, a larger userbase, a higher attach ratio...

So basically, Kojima is pushing the PS3 version first to appease Sony since it will undoubtedly be a timed exclusive.

Someone should let Kojima in on the little "secret" that the GPU in the 360 is easily more powerful than its PS3 counterpart.

Unless you enjoy playing 6 hour games with nexgen graphics based on dual layer media.Then yeah,lets see how much gameplay can Kojima compress with the 360 :)

If MGS4 is anything like it's predecessors, expect this to be a very short game for the 360 due to cinematics.Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the PS2 is 6GB on dual layer media.

...and a wider variety of games, cheaper pricepoint, a more promising outlook on upcoming exclusives, a unified online structure that has the same features for every game, a larger userbase, a higher attach ratio...

...splintered console development base (HDD vs no HDD), fee based online structure, support for $200 HD-DVD doorstop, no HDMI w/o new investment for early adopters, a subjective opinion outlook on upcoming exclusives, less than 50% backwards compatibility...

Microsoft = "of death"

"Blue Screen of death"

"Red Lights of death"

What is next?

Big ups to Kojima for being in the game for so long, but like other people said, i dont get MGS... The guy does like one game right out of how ever many have been released, and hes considered the top dog for that genre? Sorry, the SC series is technically better.

guyver, devs can require a HDD if they want or have to. fee based is better than a broken free structure. HDMI isnt essential, and further more, HDMI 1.3 really isnt essential. EU PS3 owners WISH they had at least 50% BC, which btw, is hilarious that sony used BC to bash the 360, yet 6 months into the PS3, all of a sudden BC isnt as important. So which one is it?

360 is an established system, PS3 has a long way to go. Hope can only take it so far before ending up like the PSP.

It is amazing how a valid debate turns into a pissing match so quickly.
"Your system sucks!... " <scowls>
"No, YOUR system sucks!" <shakes fist>

Oh well, this is sure to be locked soon. GG all.

Big ups to Kojima for being in the game for so long, but like other people said, i dont get MGS... The guy does like one game right out of how ever many have been released, and hes considered the top dog for that genre? Sorry, the SC series is technically better.

It's all subjective...like the whole X console vs Y console debate. I don't care for SC really at all but I like the MGS series.

guyver, devs can require a HDD if they want or have to. fee based is better than a broken free structure. HDMI isnt essential, and further more, HDMI 1.3 really isnt essential. EU PS3 owners WISH they had at least 50&#37; BC, which btw, is hilarious that sony used BC to bash the 360, yet 6 months into the PS3, all of a sudden BC isnt as important. So which one is it?

HDD: That's correct, devs have the option to use the HDD if they want. The problem is that they can't rely on every owner having one, so you either have to sell less games by requiring it or take time to build in extra HDD support that may or may not be used.

Fee based online: Depends on who you talked to. I don't give two craps about sending video messages and clans and crap. I just want to play the game online, if that works then the rest can go to hell. I can tell you I played more SOCOM on PS2 for free then I ever did Halo while I was being charged for it...and I played alot of Halo.

HDMI: If HDMI isn't essential then why the Elite? Simply for the black color and bigger HHD? I agree that HDMI isn't going to be used by everyone, I certainly don't have the TV for it...but in the future I will probably want it.

BC: Your kidding about the backwards compatibility thing right? The 360, after over one year of market time, has less than 50% BC. The first run US PS3 had over 95% BC with PS and PS2, plus a patch that fixed issues . The Europe launch, even being software, is above 70% and that number will grow.

360 is an established system, PS3 has a long way to go. Hope can only take it so far before ending up like the PSP.

I totally agree with that. 360 is an established system, but the PS3 has been out for less than 6 months. People gave the 360 it's chance to get established but won't for anything else? FYI: Not accusing you of any of the following: How much bashing was their by gamers before the 360 came out and it turned out to be a great console. The PS3 does have a ways to go, but it didn't get there the day after launch so I have to be assaulted with people saying PS3 is a failure and crap and bad this and bad that and eats kittens and kills babies and...etc. I just hate elitist gamers. You're NOT superior because of the game system you choose!

...splintered console development base (HDD vs no HDD), fee based online structure, support for $200 HD-DVD doorstop, no HDMI w/o new investment for early adopters, a subjective opinion outlook on upcoming exclusives, less than 50% backwards compatibility...

Having an option between caching and no-caching isn't difficult, PSN has a fee-based online structure as well, an additional peripheral has nothing to do with this discussion, HDMI is irrelevant to the vast majority of consumers, and backwards compatibility is a novelty used by less than 10% of the userbase.

If you'd like to compare exclusives for 2007, we can. Most Sony fans rather wouldn't, though.

Regarding BC, MS has yet to make SF3rd Strike,KoF, or any of more popular fighting games minus SF on XBLA backwards compatible.So how long has it been?

Having an option between caching and no-caching isn't difficult, PSN has a fee-based online structure as well, an additional peripheral has nothing to do with this discussion, HDMI is irrelevant to the vast majority of consumers, and backwards compatibility is a novelty used by less than 10&#37; of the userbase.

If you'd like to compare exclusives for 2007, we can. Most Sony fans rather wouldn't, though.

I take full advantage of the HDMI, I can't go back to anything else (In fact its been so nice that I went and found myself some component cables for my GC to try and hope I could get a better picture out of it...since I'm used to my 1080p HDTV). I didn't own a PS2, so I am taking full advantage of BC. Thank you.

Having an option between caching and no-caching isn't difficult

It's not, but I bet if you ask a Dev if they would like to be able to rely on it for all their games and development versus maybe probably having it on most consoles...they'll want a unified structure.

PSN has a fee-based online structure as well

Not to play games multiplayer.

an additional peripheral has nothing to do with this discussion,

It does if you look at in terms of a format not being included standard as part of the console, possibly affecting games and how they are made for it. Kojima like the perks of the BD-R...and if MS had included HD-DVD from the start internally, then this might not be an issue and we could very well be talking about MGS4 being on first or exclusively 360.

HDMI is irrelevant to the vast majority of consumers, and backwards compatibility is a novelty used by less than 10% of the userbase.

Again, I ask if it's so irrelevant then why the Elite? E-peen fodder?

I don't care to simply for the fact that personally, I don't mind buying both systems and will have them anyways. No one said gaming was a cheap hobby and I make no assumptions otherwise. I choose to play games because I can afford it and make attempts to do so.

That being said, I don't understand why people have issues with others that want one system for the 7-10 exclusives versus their system with 15-18. For the types of games if may be worth it for that other person to buy the other system with fewer exclusives if the appeal to them more.

Again, I ask if it's so irrelevant then why the Elite? E-peen fodder?

The Elite is their so Microsoft can make more money on people who want a black console with a 120GB HDD and HDMI. It's as simple as that, all companies do things like this (Nintendo anyone?). HDMI isn't irrelevant as K600 suggests but it also isn't a necessity especially with the small user-base across the world that has a HDTV (nevermind whether it has HDMI input)...

I don't know about that. When he says, "the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform" he is definately saying that the 360 can't handle what the PS3 can. He is saying that they are on a lower "level" than his game and that the 360 can't handle MGS4's "scenario and graphics." That looks pretty cut and dry to me.

Given that 360's already *got* a game with better graphics than MGS4 (Gears of War, sorry, MGS4 is close but no cigar) that's clearly a simple factual inaccuracy. Now, it might be that MGS4 has an obscene number of cutscenes and such that won't fit onto 9GB, but graphically, there's not a reason in the world 360 couldn't do MGS4. Multiple disks maybe, same graphical fidelity definitely.

Back