Kojima says PS3 superior to 360

...and a wider variety of games, cheaper pricepoint, a more promising outlook on upcoming exclusives, a unified online structure that has the same features for every game, a larger userbase, a higher attach ratio...

Stop troubling the fangirls with facts, K600, it's rude and they'll report you to a MOD for shattering their illusionary world :)

HDD: That's correct, devs have the option to use the HDD if they want. The problem is that they can't rely on every owner having one, so you either have to sell less games by requiring it or take time to build in extra HDD support that may or may not be used.

Well, we all have decisions to make. I have to make the decision to spend $60 on a game thats not up to its potential, and they have to decide to pull the HDD required trigger to make a better game, but possibly sell a million copies less.

Fee based online: Depends on who you talked to. I don't give two craps about sending video messages and clans and crap. I just want to play the game online, if that works then the rest can go to hell. I can tell you I played more SOCOM on PS2 for free then I ever did Halo while I was being charged for it...and I played alot of Halo.

I bought C&C3 on friday and played multiplayer all weekend and all yesterday... Know how many games i played? 20 or less. Over the course of 4 days, all i could play was 20 or less games becuase the network effing sucked. lag issues like you would not believe. Never, have i played a MP 360 game, and was limited to playing 20 games over 4 days. I wasted way more time trying to find a game with no lag, or even joining a game for that matter, than playing. $50 a year FTW.

HDMI: If HDMI isn't essential then why the Elite? Simply for the black color and bigger HHD? I agree that HDMI isn't going to be used by everyone, I certainly don't have the TV for it...but in the future I will probably want it.

The elite is there to fill a small niche. many people have said "i want a black xbox!" "i want HDMI!" "I want a bigger HDD!"... now they have it. I happen to want, or can use all of those improvements, but i want a cooler runnign 360 over all 3 of them.

BC: Your kidding about the backwards compatibility thing right? The 360, after over one year of market time, has less than 50% BC. The first run US PS3 had over 95% BC with PS and PS2, plus a patch that fixed issues . The Europe launch, even being software, is above 70% and that number will grow.

Sony itsself said the EU PS3s will only run about 1000 PS2 games right now. Then went on to say BC is overrated, and people want to play new games on their PS3s. they did a total 180 on the issue. So i don't know where you got 70% from, but thats way wrong fella.

as of last december, there are almost 300 games BC on the 360... show me someone with 300 xbox games that wont run on the 360 and maybe ill feel bad for them.

I totally agree with that. 360 is an established system, but the PS3 has been out for less than 6 months. People gave the 360 it's chance to get established but won't for anything else? FYI: Not accusing you of any of the following: How much bashing was their by gamers before the 360 came out and it turned out to be a great console. The PS3 does have a ways to go, but it didn't get there the day after launch so I have to be assaulted with people saying PS3 is a failure and crap and bad this and bad that and eats kittens and kills babies and...etc. I just hate elitist gamers. You're NOT superior because of the game system you choose!

The problem with the PS3 is, sony released a console with no games. it might be the holiday season before anything quality comes out. Heavenly Sword kinda looks god of warish, so naturally i want to play it, but im not going to buy a system a year before the game hits and then defend it based on what ifs. The 360's good outweighs the bad... all the PS3 needs now is some good, then they'll both be on even ground.

Warhawk looks really fun too btw :p

Given that 360's already *got* a game with better graphics than MGS4 (Gears of War, sorry, MGS4 is close but no cigar) that's clearly a simple factual inaccuracy. Now, it might be that MGS4 has an obscene number of cutscenes and such that won't fit onto 9GB, but graphically, there's not a reason in the world 360 couldn't do MGS4. Multiple disks maybe, same graphical fidelity definitely.

in Diablo2, couldn't you bypass the movie scenes during installation (it would ask for the movie disk at the end fo the chapter if they werent installed right?) or install all the movies to the HDD and play from one disk? i dont understand why people think this couldn't be done on a console then? stick a freakin HDD REQUIRED sticker on the box and do it!

in Diablo2, couldn't you bypass the movie scenes during installation (it would ask for the movie disk at the end fo the chapter if they werent installed right?) or install all the movies to the HDD and play from one disk? i dont understand why people think this couldn't be done on a console then? stick a freakin HDD REQUIRED sticker on the box and do it!

And how exactly would that work? when most of the userbase is still using the Premium with the 20GB HD.Yeah, lets delete all our saves and patches from other games just to make room for MGS4 :rolleyes:

Although,the above poster made a good point,multiple disks is a possibility.iirc Blue Dragon is already on 3 dual layer discs. Now assuming this becomes a trend in developing triple A titles for the 360.Don't expect to pay a $60 price tag for a 3 disc game

Kojima want to provide a theatre like experience for his game, the xbox360 probably has some kind of hardware limitation that can’t show what he is trying to achieve for his game. I know that the xbox360 has a better GPU but both systems can handle great visuals, so it might be more than just the graphic. Hey but the original Xbox has a much better GPU then the PS2 did however was the Xbox games that much better than the PS2? NO, it wasn’t. Some of the PS2 games look on par or even better then the Xbox games example. Metal Gear Solid 3, Gran Turismo4, God of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus and many more.
So what could it be that make the PS3 theatre like experience? Could it be Blu-ray Disc probably not however Hideo Kojima did mention in the pass that he had to cut some things out of MGS3 to make the game fit on the DVD disc. So what else could it be that make the PS3 theatre like experience? When you go to the theatre/movies what do you notice beside the giant screen? The surround sound system, to me sound is half the movie. I can’t watch Lord of the Rings, Star wars or any action/wars movies on stereo speaker; it’s just not the same experience as a surround sound system. To me audio is really half the movie. So does the Xbox 360 have an audio limitation? It could be that the Xbox360 CPU can’t handle the audio quality of what Hideo Kojima is trying to achieve for MGS4.
It might be the PS3 Cell chip that does a better job with audio to create a better atmosphere for this game. Link Next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 3 make considerable inroads into improving what goes into your ears. The PS3 will be able to run up to 512 different voices, and apply different sound layers onto them depending on what the developer wishes.
I read this whole thread and people saying that they don’t like MGS or don’t get it, are really missing out on a great game. The game is story driven; the story in these games is on par with some of the best movies plots. The characters are endearing and memorable. The game play is still original and one of the best stealth actions game around. People that hate MGS should go play America army , Splinter cell 2007, Rainbow six 2007 and EA’s Medal of Honor 2007 because these publisher care about making great games and putting them out every year, so it must be good right? So NFL madden 2007 must be the best game ever. It never once crosses my mind that EA is in it for the money, there in it for the love of the game with the same crap every year. Metal Gear Solid is not a game; it’s an experience that you interact with. It’s one of those games that you have to skip school, call in sick for work, disconnect your telephone and turn on your surround system to play this game. It’s one of those games that are short and sweet just like sex.

Kojima want to provide a theatre like experience for his game, the xbox360 probably has some kind of hardware limitation that can’t show what he is trying to achieve for his game. I know that the xbox360 has a better GPU but both systems can handle great visuals, so it might be more than just the graphic. Hey but the original Xbox has a much better GPU then the PS2 did however was the Xbox games that much better than the PS2? NO, it wasn’t. Some of the PS2 games look on par or even better then the Xbox games example. Metal Gear Solid 3, Gran Turismo4, God of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus and many more.
So what could it be that make the PS3 theatre like experience? Could it be Blu-ray Disc probably not however Hideo Kojima did mention in the pass that he had to cut some things out of MGS3 to make the game fit on the DVD disc. So what else could it be that make the PS3 theatre like experience? When you go to the theatre/movies what do you notice beside the giant screen? The surround sound system, to me sound is half the movie. I can’t watch Lord of the Rings, Star wars or any action/wars movies on stereo speaker; it’s just not the same experience as a surround sound system. To me audio is really half the movie. So does the Xbox 360 have an audio limitation? It could be that the Xbox360 CPU can’t handle the audio quality of what Hideo Kojima is trying to achieve for MGS4.
It might be the PS3 Cell chip that does a better job with audio to create a better atmosphere for this game. Link Next-gen consoles like the PlayStation 3 make considerable inroads into improving what goes into your ears. The PS3 will be able to run up to 512 different voices, and apply different sound layers onto them depending on what the developer wishes.
I read this whole thread and people saying that they don’t like MGS or don’t get it, are really missing out on a great game. The game is story driven; the story in these games is on par with some of the best movies plots. The characters are endearing and memorable. The game play is still original and one of the best stealth actions game around. People that hate MGS should go play America army , Splinter cell 2007, Rainbow six 2007 and EA’s Medal of Honor 2007 because these publisher care about making great games and putting them out every year, so it must be good right? So NFL madden 2007 must be the best game ever. It never once crosses my mind that EA is in it for the money, there in it for the love of the game with the same crap every year. Metal Gear Solid is not a game; it’s an experience that you interact with. It’s one of those games that you have to skip school, call in sick for work, disconnect your telephone and turn on your surround system to play this game. It’s one of those games that are short and sweet just like sex.

"all in all, you're just another brick in the wall ... of text"

tl;dr

lol wow, hideo kojim is one of the most respected game devs out there, now hes full of shit cuz he dissed the 360?

just get both systems, lifes a whole lot easier then

It's not, but I bet if you ask a Dev if they would like to be able to rely on it for all their games and development versus maybe probably having it on most consoles...they'll want a unified structure.

Not to play games multiplayer.

It does if you look at in terms of a format not being included standard as part of the console, possibly affecting games and how they are made for it. Kojima like the perks of the BD-R...and if MS had included HD-DVD from the start internally, then this might not be an issue and we could very well be talking about MGS4 being on first or exclusively 360.

Again, I ask if it's so irrelevant then why the Elite? E-peen fodder?

I don't care to simply for the fact that personally, I don't mind buying both systems and will have them anyways. No one said gaming was a cheap hobby and I make no assumptions otherwise. I choose to play games because I can afford it and make attempts to do so.

That being said, I don't understand why people have issues with others that want one system for the 7-10 exclusives versus their system with 15-18. For the types of games if may be worth it for that other person to buy the other system with fewer exclusives if the appeal to them more.

They would certainly rather have a unified HDD, but in the end, it doesn't matter. No matter how people try to spin it, developers are having bigger successes on the Xbox 360 and, to a lesser extent, the Wii. The system is rife with million sellers and that means more to publishers than the extra effort it's going to take them to decide what HDD functionality to use.

The part about multiplayer is true and there isn't really any questioning it. I think the service and the unified system is worth the pricetag; some don't. A lot of people slam it do to it being P2P (Which is good and bad; less performance but it's online shelf life isn't determined by the publisher.)

Blu-Ray is, as most people know, yet another attempt for Sony to cash in on media that isn't wanted. They've done it several times in the past. Optical media, no matter how much information it can hold, is not the future. Digital distribution is going to continue to grow and we're going to see a lot more services like Steam in the next five years.

E-Peen fodder is basically correct; the Elite isn't for people who already own the system. It's simply another option for new adopters to mull over. I've already got my 360 looking the way I want it.

Business.

Kojima might prefer the Playstation 3, but he's got a business to run and financiers to answer to just like everyone else in the industry. The Playstation 3 has a fraction of the installed userbase and that fraction doesn't have nearly as high an attach ratio as the people who buy Xbox 360 games.

Kojima might want to develope for the 360 and Wii but I don't think MGS4 will ever be on the 360. I think a lot of people are forgetting that Sony won the bidding war to produce the movie. And I'm sure after they were given the rights to produce the film that they were assured MGS4 would be exclusively in the Sony camp for quite awhile.

And how exactly would that work? when most of the userbase is still using the Premium with the 20GB HD.Yeah, lets delete all our saves and patches from other games just to make room for MGS4 :rolleyes:

Although,the above poster made a good point,multiple disks is a possibility.iirc Blue Dragon is already on 3 dual layer discs. Now assuming this becomes a trend in developing triple A titles for the 360.Don't expect to pay a $60 price tag for a 3 disc game

So 10+ gigs of demos, videos, music, etc is ok, but using that space for compressed video files for a game isn't practical?

the only reason to have that large of video files anyways, is because of a lazy dev team.

if a game comes on 3 disks, i fully expect it to come in at $60. no one is going to pay more for 2 disks of video files and one disk of actual game content.

Wow... first time I ever heard that. :(

Here is a second time. :D
Cant see the use of a blue ray for a game yet, unless he is throwing in crap loads of CGI footage. Not sure why he would think ps3 is more a theater effect, from what I have been reading if MS wants to go that route, the 360 could perform 1080p better than the ps3.

Sony itsself said the EU PS3s will only run about 1000 PS2 games right now. Then went on to say BC is overrated, and people want to play new games on their PS3s. they did a total 180 on the issue. So i don't know where you got 70% from, but thats way wrong fella.

as of last december, there are almost 300 games BC on the 360... show me someone with 300 xbox games that wont run on the 360 and maybe ill feel bad for them.

I don't want to really get into more point/counter-point arguments. I don't have time to keep up with it today but I did want to clarify this point.

That is the PS2 and PS1 total. If you want to filter that down to PS2 only, that's 1000 titles out of 1800 or so European release that are BC at launch. That's about 56% and way better than the 360 BC even after 1 year into developing/adding new BC content.

Now if you want to turn your point around...why are people up in arms about Sony lowering BC support and removing the EE chip? You're not going to feel sorry for someone unless they have 300+ PS2 games that won't run right?

At least they said beforehand that they were dropping the chip and reducing the supported games. MS told us before launch they were going to update BC until almost all games were available for the 360. Now a year later we get rare BC updates and talk about how BC isn't that important to them and that it may never be complete. Right now they have 300 games...which is like 1/3 of their library. How is that not worse?

So 10+ gigs of demos, videos, music, etc is ok, but using that space for compressed video files for a game isn't practical?
Reasonable if it's just music and demos, unreasonable if it means deleting the cache along with all the patches and gamsaves for every game you own.

the only reason to have that large of video files anyways, is because of a lazy dev team

if a game comes on 3 disks, i fully expect it to come in at $60. no one is going to pay more for 2 disks of video files and one disk of actual game content.

I wouldn't be suprised if he went with the cinematic route.Not sure if I would consider it lazy, I believe it's a method that suits him and his style of development.Oh wait that's lazy :D :eek:

I don't want to really get into more point/counter-point arguments. I don't have time to keep up with it today but I did want to clarify this point.

That is the PS2 and PS1 total. If you want to filter that down to PS2 only, that's 1000 titles out of 1800 or so European release that are BC at launch. That's about 56% and way better than the 360 BC even after 1 year into developing/adding new BC content.

Now if you want to turn your point around...why are people up in arms about Sony lowering BC support and removing the EE chip? You're not going to feel sorry for someone unless they have 300+ PS2 games that won't run right?

At least they said beforehand that they were dropping the chip and reducing the supported games. MS told us before launch they were going to update BC until almost all games were available for the 360. Now a year later we get rare BC updates and talk about how BC isn't that important to them and that it may never be complete. Right now they have 300 games...which is like 1/3 of their library. How is that not worse?

I haven't seen anyone say that BC on the PS3 is worse, so that's a strawman. BC on the US ps3 was awesome because it essentially had a PS2 inside it. Hardware. They took out the chip for the PAL release, and it wasn't xbox fans that were complaining, it was people who wondered why they were paying more in actual currency for a ps3 with stripped out hardware. I'd be pissed too.

Sony does some hypocritical things like that: Bash MS for using software emulation, then switch to that themselves. Bash rumble as last gen and something gamers don't want....then settle the lawsuit with the patent holder and hype how you'll have rumble now.

This thread has more drama in it than Desperate House Wives. :rolleyes:

And you've done more than enough contributing your one line remarks about the 3 lights of death...:rolleyes:

I honestly don't care if a game needs 2 or 3 discs. FFVII needed what like 3 or 4 and I don't see people saying it was a shit game because of it. The fact of the matter is everyone who has had something negative to say in this thread is just a nitpicker.

Blu-Ray should stay with movies until there is a definitive format every console can use. It's not even needed for games just yet. Those who would hate just having to switch out a disc to continue a game should not be playing in the first place. Simple fact is MGS4 could be done on the 360. Is it even official that MGS4 will be on a 50gb BD?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

/deep breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

edit. $600

Um... what? I love how people who are fucking not old enough to comprehend words into sentences can express themselves by totally meaningless, and illogical ways. It's really great to have the comfort of knowing I don't have to respond to stuff like this, and let you continue on with your illogical mind-set. But, I thought this one warrantied a response from me.

Personally, I never had a Xbox at first, I only had a Playstation 2, but I bought a 360 when it came out because I saw a lot of potential for it, then a PS3, and a Wii. So, I technically don't give a fuck what system MGS4 comes out on. It's true that all the Metal Gear games I have are on a Playstation console (minus one on the Gamecube), but it doesn't matter which console you're a fan of more, all I can reason is that the Blu-Ray's capacity will make for a better experience, and that Playstation Home might actually prove to be cooler than we thought. Of course, i'll have to get my hands on it first since it does seem like a gimmick to me at first too...

Do us all a favor and keep your useless posts and thread crapping out of here.

If you can't post like an adult then don't hit the Submit button.

Both systems are entirely capable of producing the "MGS4 experience." The end.

He is bought and paid for by Sony. Until he makes a 360 game i am not gonna even try to trust his thoughts on this matter.

Back