Kohler's Numi $6,400 High-Tech Toilet

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Wow! Just Wow :eek: There have some impressive toilets before, but this one looks to top them all. This high-tech version of the lowly crapper has more bells and whistles on it than my car. I was most impressed with the touchscreen remote control :p

For all the bells & whistles it still looks like it would put your legs to sleep if you spend too long dropping a duce.

Haha the remote music control to mask the SFX is awesome. The seat looks really uncomfortable though (a square toilet seat???), and to be honest, that bidet ruins it for me. I don't want cylinders of metal moving in and out like that so close to my ass.

Seems like a lot of money for something I am just going to take a shit on. Though the built in ball and ass washer, (bidet), does seem nifty. :D

Pretty ridiculous, IMO. I'd rather have the toilet in Idiocracy.
idiocracy_toilet_chair.jpg

Haha the remote music control to mask the SFX is awesome. The seat looks really uncomfortable though (a square toilet seat???), and to be honest, that bidet ruins it for me. I don't want cylinders of metal moving in and out like that so close to my ass.

Bidets are for civilized people. Here's a quick experiment for you:
Stick your hand in a pile of shit and try to wipe off with toilet paper.

I would buy it if it was voiced activated and could give verbal responses using the voice of GLaDOS from portal.

How long are you going to be sitting there to need a heated seat and a foot warmer? I'm sure anyone who would buy this doesn't have a chilly house. And yes, the retractable bidet is kind of creepy moving around under my rear.

Most of those functions have been around in Japan for years (touchscreen remote controlled, even) - this one seems to have too many features though. The Japanese toilets have sensors to start warming or cooling the toilet seat depending on ambient temp (greatest feature of all time), different settings for the bidet / ass washer (lol), which I believe to be the essential things.

It is nice to finally see one with an interface in English though.

Guess if i lived in an uptown high-rise and my restroom was nothing but an empty floor surrounded by plate windows... I guess I'd want the nicest toilet i could get my hands on too if the entire town was watching me take a shit.

Otherwise most of that can be accomplished with my standard white bowl and my iPhone. The rest I don't need.

Although I've never used a bidet. Wouldn't mind seeing what all the fuss is about.

If I get a toilet like that will I get laid more?

I just want to try the pulsating action..........

Imagine calling your local plumber to fix that thing..........

Most of those functions have been around in Japan for years (touchscreen remote controlled, even) - this one seems to have too many features though. The Japanese toilets have sensors to start warming or cooling the toilet seat depending on ambient temp (greatest feature of all time), different settings for the bidet / ass washer (lol), which I believe to be the essential things.

It is nice to finally see one with an interface in English though.

Yea that Japanese really cherish their toilet time. Don't forget the toilets you are describing are also in 10's of thousands, this one is ONLY 6,400! haha the toilet costs half as much as my car :eek:

Did anyone else feel like the video would have been better if it ended with the hot chick dropping some massive dump in the toilet with no music to cover all her grunting and plopping?

Come on, I can't be the only one.

Yea that Japanese really cherish their toilet time. Don't forget the toilets you are describing are also in 10's of thousands, this one is ONLY 6,400! haha the toilet costs half as much as my car :eek:

Not really. It's just a regular toilet. Then you buy the fancy seat portion for $300. Sure, no touchscreen, but regular push buttons. I was looking at one before, just for the seat warming function. I wouldn't use the rest of it, nor hook up the bidet.

---------

Also, is it just me or does that toilet resemble a Claptrap?

Did anyone else feel like the video would have been better if it ended with the hot chick dropping some massive dump in the toilet with no music to cover all her grunting and plopping?

Come on, I can't be the only one.

LOL, starting petition to have your name changed to "ScatboyPeter"

A good old fashioned 1980's high flow toilet probably still blows the ever loving shit out of it. And a touch screen... on something you're taking a shit on. That is the dumbest thing ever, it will be simply loaded with disease...

To be fair though I did buy a new toilet last year, American Standard Cadet, and this is the single greatest toilet known to man, it's low flow BUT I have simply been unable to clog it. First toilet in my life of 28 years that I haven't been able to clog :)

And if you loose the remote does it still work? 6400 flushed down the toilet!

When they come up with a self-cleaning toilet for less than $200, then I'll be impressed.

If your crapper needs a remote, that should be your first clue that you are doing it wrong as everybody knows that the batteries in a remote always die when you need them the most. :D

Not really. It's just a regular toilet. Then you buy the fancy seat portion for $300. Sure, no touchscreen, but regular push buttons. I was looking at one before, just for the seat warming function. I wouldn't use the rest of it, nor hook up the bidet.

---------

Also, is it just me or does that toilet resemble a Claptrap?

There's washlets, which is the seat you are referring too but there's toilets just like this one as well, except they don't have the ipod like screen, and as a result are about $2000 cheaper. I decided long ago if I ever made it big in anything one of the first things I was going to buy was a neorest. http://www.totousa.com/Neorest/Neorest600.aspx

Back