Kohler's Numi $6,400 High-Tech Toilet

Bidets are for civilized people. Here's a quick experiment for you:
Stick your hand in a pile of shit and try to wipe off with toilet paper.

Here is a better one..

Cold jet of water shooting up your ass (Bidet), not enjoyable for I would say most guys at the least.

Or Warm Wet wipe with dry TP to finish off? Here is a hint, the wet wipe cleans and sanitizes, the Bidet does not..

What is for civilized people again? Or did you mean, pretending to be civilized? :D

There's washlets, which is the seat you are referring too but there's toilets just like this one as well, except they don't have the ipod like screen, and as a result are about $2000 cheaper. I decided long ago if I ever made it big in anything one of the first things I was going to buy was a neorest. http://www.totousa.com/Neorest/Neorest600.aspx

But the seat provides most of the features anyways. Warm seat, bidet, and a fuck ton of other buttons that I haven't an idea what they do. And you can remove it off the toilet and slap it onto a different one, when you decide to move.

i've never used a bidet.

does it splash your shit around everywhere?

This toilet is fail if it can't prevent sciatica.

For $6400, I'd expect it to turn my urine into drinking water.

Would be more intrigued if the remote included a mystery "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

I want a crapper with a built-in scale on the seat, that way I can find out just how much crap I am no longer full of. :D

Thumbs up for the "self cleaning" idea. Also, if I'm going to have automatic bidet splashing my ass, how about an automatic ass blower to dry it off?

I can see it a few years from now... on Funniest Home Videos, someone hacks your toilet and pranks you so the bidet will spray scalding hot water onto your nethers.

But most of the time it will be this:

Everyone knows the water in the line leading to that thing will take like 3 minutes to get warm so you'll have to run freezing water to your asscrack for that long until it's warm enough to actually use it... have fun with that.

(unless of course it has a built in water heater)

I was just waiting for a big "where you poop" to pop up at the end, but no........

This thing is just so utterly ridiculous, it goes beyond words. Not to mention square and uncomfortable looking. Typically you want to touch the least amount of things while taking a crap but here, you have a touch screen remote for your toiler. Oh, and don't forget that battery backup, god forbid the power goes out while you're enjoying your crap! This thing is also terrible in case you have guests in the house, they'll never leave... :)

For $6,000 the bidet better give me an enema. I don't know about you, but splashing a bit of water on my anus after taking a shit would just make my shitty ass wet. Unless there is a scrubber attachment I didn't see.

[UPS] Sorce;1037131812 said:
With this toilet, you can adjust the temperature of the water.

With this one, with most you can't. I was more commenting on the guy implying that everyone who doesn't use a bidet are essentially savages. Either way though it takes time to heat up and in that time you get a cold shot of water straight to the ass..No Thank you. Besides, just water does nothing for sanitizing. If you actually want to "clean" your ass outside hopping in the shower there is only one choice.

That and if you are temperature sensitive and or just like a warm wipe, pick up a $15 baby wipe warmer and plop them into that. Works the same on regular sanitary moist wipes and you end up actually cleaning instead of smearing it around or spraying your ass with cold water for no reason.

How long are you going to be sitting there to need a heated seat and a foot warmer? I'm sure anyone who would buy this doesn't have a chilly house. And yes, the retractable bidet is kind of creepy moving around under my rear.
I'd love the heated stuff during the cold months. It really sucks to wake up in the middle of the night and have to go sit on a cold seat with my feet on a cold hardwood floor. It's a rude awakening when I really don't care to be that awake.

Just needs a little modding & hacking the touch controls to include remote control for home theater. :cool:

Actually, with the entertainment stuff already built in, I foresee a boon in the proctology biz from the ensuing rhoids crisis if these were to ever sell big and become widespread. :eek:

I am putting 10 of these in my next mansion! *eyeroll*

I really, really, really wish this was just a proof-of-concept, but I'm sure all the rich nerds have these now.

It does sound like a good idea... but so does communism untill you try it out IRL...

Honestly though, I'd like to try it just once... if I had money to burn I might consider somethign like that... but even if I was rich I dont think I'd want to spend 6Gs on a toilet...my limit would be $1000...

Back