Kodak Announces KODAKCoin and Stock Doubles

I don't have extra money to gamble with otherwise I would have bought Google stock back in the day, dot coms, amazon, btc, and marajuana. Had I had extra cash to throw at these I would have. :( Rich get richer!

Said everyone that made off with money from Madoff and every other scheme, but as long as you're ok with the world going into the crapper, so be it, right...

We never left the survival of the fittest, fit just doesn't mean physical strength anymore.

I think I get your point, but I reject the implication that selfishness constitutes "fitness."

lol wtf. I like to get paid in cash after a photo job, thank you.
This is a pyramid scheme to prop the company up financially.

I don't have extra money to gamble with otherwise I would have bought Google stock back in the day, dot coms, amazon, btc, and marajuana. Had I had extra cash to throw at these I would have. :( Rich get richer!

Yep, but your better off inventing a new way to do something, then investing in stuff. W2 paychecks or freelancing isn't going to get you there any faster.

there are people saying every little thing will crash. if somthing crashes its never hard to find someone who "predicted it"

?

I'm not talking one or two nuttjobs, i'm saying pretty much every rich guy who made a living in speculation.

This is the .com bubble all over again, people are going to loser their asses. In the end there will still be blockchain technology, and maybe even a few of these crytpo's survive(just like the .coms) but many are going to 0.

uh, another crypto-currency. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of blockchain but the idea about KodakCoin focus on a very narrow market space and it would only work if every image transaction does indeed uses KodakCoin just doesn't click on me. There's no guarantee someone decided to skip that process and just pass along that digital picture via e-mail or other medium.

I am just not sure how that works, here's the following things that made sense to me when using blockchain. Essentially anything that requires integrity and strict guidelines.

- money transaction
- patient records
- import/export goods
- legal contracts/documents

I think I get your point, but I reject the implication that selfishness constitutes "fitness."

Actually I don't figure selfishness to replace fitness, selfishness has always been around, I figure "having money" to make money being "fit" these days. Everything runs on money in our zeitgeist, when way back (caveman like) it ran on strength and stamina, that was survival of the fittest.

I believe this is a great idea.

KODAKOne will a platform that will scrape the internet looking for images registered through the platform. It will scrape based on what ever magic applications they have developed. Kodak will then act as the representative in collecting the dues for properly licensing the image that was misused.

Now, the KodakCoin portion is interesting. Kodak will create it's own micro economy where the coin can be traded between news agencies as a form of payment. I can see it expanding and be used to purchase electronics photographers will need. Think about it, we can possibly see places like B&H, Adorama, and other photography/electronics stores accept the transaction. Then, Kodakcoin, backed by the SEC with an ICO, can be used to exchange for liquid currency. Kodak makes a small cut on the exchange.
big question is how will the ledger be maintained. The point of blockchain is that it's distributed, decentralized, trust. How is that going to be mined?

Last edited:
Actually I don't figure selfishness to replace fitness, selfishness has always been around, I figure "having money" to make money being "fit" these days. Everything runs on money in our zeitgeist, when way back (caveman like) it ran on strength and stamina, that was survival of the fittest.

Ah, got it. Thanks for the explanation. (y)

Last edited:
I'm going to introduce PonziCoin.™ Oh, or maybe RobUBlindCoin.™

No wait...I've got it: ConUCoin™.

More like RIAACoin and MPAACoin and then naturally the kneejerk reaction with things like SAGCoin. Then we already have countries with their own cryptocurrencies (e.g. Venezuela) so it's only a matter of time until it goes municipal. Then perhaps my greatest fear will be realized: AmazonCoin. Gift card exceptions are already a pain in the ass, I can't wait for a flood of cryptocoins!

Last edited:
Trump is going to make a Cofefe Coin

Its going to be $8

For the 8 years of being president.

/s

The market will probably weed out many of these coins and it will probably be brutal. Picking the few winners from the many losers is the trick. As in Kodak's instance if they have a real usable service without too many issues, people want that type of service, it is unique and has some rarity to it then Kodak using blockchain technology with their own token will probably succeed. There are many coins that really has nothing other than a blockchain or many with some rather high hopes but virtually nothing is implemented as in working (a.k.a Cardano).

Yeah but you're name dropping cherry picked companies that survived, did you know all those would be survivors? No. So if you "bet equally" with everything dot-com etc, that existed you'd be broke today because while Google, Amazon etc have done very well there were so many more than didn't do well

Back