Known issue with Trios hard drive selector?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, despite being so entirely ugly, and you can't screw in the screws right unless you drill into the holes to enlarge them... Is this a known issue with the Trios Hard Drive selector?

Everything is hooked up in the appropriate places, however no front light will come on, and the best I could get with one hard drive hooked up was for it to be recognized as the slave drive... I made sure that all of my jumper settings were correct, and I know for a fact that it was setup as the Primary. I just want to make sure that this is a defective device as I will throw it in the trash and get it out of my sight.

I've worked on two systems that had the TriOS selectors in them. They were transparant, and worked perfectly. One guy had three identical drives, but one guy had three different drives and he just left his MoBo's IDE setting to "Autodetect". Worked just like you'd want it to.

Sounds like yours is DOA. Too bad; from what I saw, I thought they were kinda cool....

Regards - B.B.S.

Ive got a TRIOS, it should be transperent like B.B.S. pointed out
and all the drives should be set to master (unless they have the single\master with no slave present jumper) if you do toss it, keep those cables, they are teflon and alot better than the crap PVC that come with a mobo ;)

Hehe, well I'm down to two good ones... for some reason I decided to try and manually make rounded cables with them... I sliced though, so two of the small wires are visible, and I wouldn't want that in my system. :)

Back