Knights of the Old Republic

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I've bought and played so many versions of this game now but it never gets old. They need to release an HD remake immediately.

A real HD remake, not an "increased compatibility" re-release, like so many so-called "HD remakes" being released.

I'd definitely buy an actual HD remake of KOTOR. It was easily one of my favorite games (that I actually finished, which is saying something).

Was tempted to buy it from Google's Play Store when it dropped. In fact, now that you reminded me that it exists, I just might! :)

Was just thinking about those games. Definitely loved them. Just started up Mass Effect 3 actually and got me thinking about it. Definitely need a 3rd installment.

You can play this on your tablet or smart phone now.

They've released knights of the old republic on Android and the IPhone app store.

Plays quite well actually.

I still wanna find the ass hole on this very forum who ruined the entire game for me by randomly typed in major spoilers in a game discussion thread :mad:

Picked this up on my Nexus 5 about a week ago, and got a MOGA Hero Power for it. Gaming at work has never been so good.

I still wanna find the ass hole on this very forum who ruined the entire game for me by randomly typed in major spoilers in a game discussion thread :mad:

You see, Revan is--
Uh, I mean... Bastilla ends up--
Errr, well, after administering the truth serum to the Rodian, you learn--

Ok, I can't quite find it in me to cough up spoilers :p. It's too good of a game to do that :D.

A classic without a doubt, I still run through it on occasion and enjoy every minute of it.

Just downloaded it to my phone last night. Should be nice (I think) to have a real game on my ophone for once.
I say that now but the control is bound to piss me off.

Widescreen and controller support would be wonderful to have on the PC version. I don't even care if they would upgrade the graphics or not.

Goes without needing to be said...

hk_47_motivation_by_falacious_tree-d33yquo.jpg

Went ahead and bought it for my Android devices.

Hoping it'll pull me away from Threes! Ever since I got that game, I hardly ever put any time into any other mobile game.

Widescreen and controller support would be wonderful to have on the PC version. I don't even care if they would upgrade the graphics or not.

Ahem.... http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic . ;)

Played it on the xbox 1 when it first came out (the original, 8gb hdd one not the newfangled one!), then tried years later with the widescreen fix at 2560x1600 but didn't finish it a second time. I may have to now though at 4k :D.

I don't get why you're forced to get dark side points if you fight Bendak S and he's a government contract/killer. You don't get any for killing Selven.

Finally!!!!

I didn't realize the GOG version worked so well....

That and the standard widescreen fix work great!

*wipes single tear from cheek

They need to give the game better controls, I don't give a damn about WS.

Maybe a mobile gaming controller?

I believe someone in this thread stated they're using one and they like it.

But, I do wish games like this had inherent decent controls so you didn't need to buy something else..'

edit: i do not know what ws stands for, sorry

The person definitely should have used the spoiler tag, but to be fair, there has to be a statute of limitations here. The game is 12 years old now...

The person definitely should have used the spoiler tag, but to be fair, there has to be a statute of limitations here. The game is 12 years old now...

It also happened within the first month the game was released so..... yeah... I'm still mad about it. Now I avoid game threads entirely

Maybe a mobile gaming controller?

I believe someone in this thread stated they're using one and they like it.

But, I do wish games like this had inherent decent controls so you didn't need to buy something else..'

edit: i do not know what ws stands for, sorry

I think he's referring to the PC version. It doesn't have native widescreen (WS) support, but can be "hacked" (i.e. .dll injection).

As for the touch controls, they're passable, but awful for swoop bike racing and selecting power/feats from the level up menu (they're so fucking tiny). I'm using a MOGA Hero Power controller in "mode B" and it worked right out of the box without the need to bind/map buttons.

I was a casualty of the Revan identity spoiler.

That would really suck. Like, a lot.

I still have my original copy, as well as the copy from the Star Wars Best of PC pack. I think I'll go ahead and install it and give it another whirl. Great game.

Back