KNC Titan Scrypt ASIC 250mhash @ 800-1000w

jwcalla

2[H]4U
You know that if they're talking about selling these things, they're already on the network mining with them to make a ton of money up-front.

izusaga

Limp Gawd
Were I to guess I would say there is a Titan currently mining Greececoin on Dedicatedpool. A single user is hovering around 220khash. Highest I've ever seen.

Core32

[H]ard|Gawd
"Greececoin"?? Excuse my ignorance on this one, but.......
What the hell is that?
And why would anyone with that much power waste hash on a coin that most likely will return..........nothing?

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
Hm time to start getting into Scrypt-N. The cycle continues but us GPUS will keep switching to asic-resistant coins.

edge929

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm moving to x11 myself. From what little I've read, seems more promising than scrypt-N.

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
Wowzers!

2.5x increased performance, something went well for them. Hmm...

VectorZ

Weaksauce
All smoke and mirrors until we see screens even then

a few weeks back i saw a single user on middlecoin that hit 900mh seemed fishy

my gpu's are on x11 and i still have my gridseeds

nvgrim

[H]ard|Gawd
All smoke and mirrors until we see screens even then

a few weeks back i saw a single user on middlecoin that hit 900mh seemed fishy

my gpu's are on x11 and i still have my gridseeds

there is a guy on wafflepool with like 7-8GH/s It has to be these companies "testing" out their ASICS before they ship them when they are worthless.

Carbon_Rod

Gawd
there is a guy on wafflepool with like 7-8GH/s It has to be these companies "testing" out their ASICS before they ship them when they are worthless.

I had read elsewhere that was a large Chinese farm. And with Gridseed (among other ASIC producers) selling initial batches to the highest bidders, it's no wonder they are able to grow so fast at an exponential pace.

Carbon_Rod

Gawd
well its over now for GPU miners... now where to point my stuff?

Yup. It seems that way... well maybe not right now, but by the end of the year at least.

I'm going back to Folding....or maybe try Crunching.

I'm not gonna run my whole farm doing that, just a select few cards. It doesn't make money, but at least I can still feel like my equipment is being put to good use and I'm contributing to science in some way.

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
I had read elsewhere that was a large Chinese farm. And with Gridseed (among other ASIC producers) selling initial batches to the highest bidders, it's no wonder they are able to grow so fast at an exponential pace.

I think the Gridseed owners are going to have things bad. Sure right now they're competitive, but once the real ASICS arrive they'll be blown out of the water AND they can't switch to other algorithms like gpu's can. Also, Gridseed are too expensive for the hash. They have like 5 months of life left then they're done.

GPU's might not do well short term but ultimately new scrypt-n or jane coins will proliferate and there will be a new litecoin. Coinwarez already has like 4 scrypt-n coins that are doing fairly well. There will be more I think.

Parja

[H]F Junkie
I think the Gridseed owners are going to have things bad. Sure right now they're competitive, but once the real ASICS arrive they'll be blown out of the water AND they can't switch to other algorithms like gpu's can. Also, Gridseed are too expensive for the hash. They have like 5 months of life left then they're done.

Yup. If I had a pile of Gridseeds, I'd mine the shit out of them for the next couple of months, then sell them off.

oblox

[H]ard|Gawd
Yup. If I had a pile of Gridseeds, I'd mine the shit out of them for the next couple of months, then sell them off.

I'd front run it personally. Gridseeds being specialized in nature aren't going to be worth a damn if knc delivers 250mh/s in June. ATP here, I believe, did the math on it. If I had them, I'd want them gone and sold to some other sucker by May for sure.

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
I doubt a Q2 delivery, Q3 looks like a much higher probability.

Yakk

Supreme [H]ardness
I am willing to bet they are at least in the "testing" phase on the networks already mining.

I don't doubt it. Prototypes have been functional for a while now. Takes a lot of them though.

Tytalus

Supreme [H]ardness
As I noted in the other thread about KnC: who the hell sells a printing press? You use it until it becomes unprofitable, then sell it to fund your next printing press.

Carbon_Rod

Gawd
That is assuming you can afford to (or WANT to afford to) pay for the cost of the printing press. Once you get caught in the perpetual upgrade cycle, your profits tend to suffer.

As I noted in the other thread about KnC: who the hell sells a printing press? You use it until it becomes unprofitable, then sell it to fund your next printing press.
Asics are extremely expensive to manufacture, and you have to do it on a massive scale. We could be recieving 50% of the asics they'll manufacture and paying for all the expenses, essentially they'll keep 50% of them for their datacentre and become a huge mining corp.

oblox

[H]ard|Gawd
Asics are extremely expensive to manufacture, and you have to do it on a massive scale. We could be recieving 50% of the asics they'll manufacture and paying for all the expenses, essentially they'll keep 50% of them for their datacentre and become a huge mining corp.

....or, all the preorders cleared their expenses while they continue to use some of them on the networks, driving difficulty up, so by the time they finally ship, there is little to no ROI for the people that bought them. Anyone doing an ROI calculation on the present difficulty is in for a rude awakening when it skyrockets due to so many 250mh units coming online. Couple that with the price decrease and you're in a tough spot.

None of the scrypt coins that have KGW will be practical to mine so that pretty much leaves litecoin. At this point, there is NOTHING that differentiates LTC from BTC. Both are in the direction of centralization due to the concentration of ASIC miners and large pools. Yes, LTC has faster confirms/block times and 4x the BTC supply, but those are small details in the grand scheme of things, especially when BTC could "soft fork" and change those parameters (not saying they should increase supply, just that it wouldn't take long).

Tytalus

Supreme [H]ardness
That is assuming you can afford to (or WANT to afford to) pay for the cost of the printing press. Once you get caught in the perpetual upgrade cycle, your profits tend to suffer.

I don't want anything to do with it, LOL. The manufacturers of this supposed printing press can make whatever claims they want. They don't see profit in manufacturing and running these units... or, rather, they see more profit in manufacturing and selling them to YOU (or someone else.)

Yes, but they already had a profitable product (the Bitcoin miner) to front the costs for this one. Why sell this one at all to the public when they could point them at various pools and let them run to make more profits? I've seen people speculating they could run one of these units for less than 6 weeks to generate enough profit (with the right coin, of course) to pay for the unit itself.

I suppose the question should be rephrased: why buy a printing press from someone who isn't willing to make a profit on it themselves? Why are they selling these things to the public instead of investing in more infrastructure to make money running them? Don't they believe in their own product?