kmixer.sys, how I hate thee

demografik

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, I've put up with kmixer.sys long enough. Whenever I have Ventrilo and CS both open, without fail I will get a blue screen kmixer.sys error. I've researched quite a bit and it seems like a common problem with no real solution, but I know there are other people out there using an NF2 board and not getting this problem. My system is solid as a rock besides this problem, but I've still tried underclocking to no avail. I have the latest bios and chipset drivers. If anything, these updates made the problem happen quicker. I'm using XP sp2 and hardware specs are in my sig. This ONLY happens when Ventrilo and CS are both open.

Should I look for sound card driver updates? I would have already, but I already went through hell installing Creative drivers once and I don't really want to go through that again.

have you tried disabling the default voice chat in HL to see if the two could be conflicting with each other? Is this an issue with any other HL Mods? If you get a BSOD can you post the error and first few hex sets. I don't know how to fix it off hand, but more info might help.

ive gotten this error quite often and i googled it, its because you have bad ram. Almost everyone who had this problem and got new ram, said the problem vanished. (Thats wut I read in different tech support searches of the same problem.)

run memtest86

I ran memtest, all tests, for 15 passes and got no errors. It seems to be a big problem with Geil however. I have Geil PC4000 running at 200mhz and it still wont do 2-2-2.Basically, Geil sucks.

Back