Klipsch SUB-12, $249.99 Free Ship @ NewEgg.com

Got in on this when it was in stock a few days ago, arrived today - made a nice friend for my other sub 12 in my living room :)

They must not be very good subs then..;)

Somewhat true.

Or you can't hear anything afterwards.

We have two good (by my ear at least) 10" Energy Subs for our TV.

The rest of the subs are definitely much lower quality and used exclusively for playing techno at volumes far too loud, something which honestly doesn't need fantastic subs. But I guess part of it is the college town we live in. Kinda accepted around here.

The 12" Bic Venturi 200W RMS is another option for those in the market for a decent bang/buck sub at $180 free shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've had one of these for a couple years I got at a black friday sale for somewhere in the 200-249 dollar range but they rarely go this low. I got it after one of the BIC competors at the time and couldn't get it to work so I got burned on about 250 dollars and didn't want the same thing to happen to me with them I have heard very good things about BICs subs though (they were pretty much only on overstock and ebay at the time).

To those saying that 2 12's is too much besides the point made above about size being a huge factor its important to also not setup your sub like the one in the car of the teenager next door. You don't need to run them both at max volume. Most of the time you want the bass to blend in with the other sounds, but if you watch movies at the volume they are made to be played at which is quite loud actually its good to have a sub that can do those volumes correctly. Also its important to note that while a sub might be able to go down to a certain range they will tend to have much less power at lower ranges. Despite all the popular sources saying it doesn't matter where the sub is placed are wrong and having 2 or even 4 subs makes the sound much more balanced and makes the surround sound much better.

been running this sub for about 3 years now. Picked it up as an open item at BB for about the same price. The amount of fine tuning you can do to the sub makes it to where it truly compliments any setup without being overpowering. Since I'm in an townhouse at the moment, I have the sub turned pretty low, but with a quick turn of the volume knob on back I can rattle frames off walls with it. :)

Back