Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 $285 AC + free shipping at Bestbuy.com

yea i get the math but the cupon does not show up on my end...

its weird it has nothing udner savings and its the only thing in my cart....

Case said:
yea i get the math but the cupon does not show up on my end...

its weird it has nothing udner savings and its the only thing in my cart....
sorry as the linkage may not be working correctly. Try following Ben's post here and see if that works: http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/1119808575,93268,.shtml

alternatively, you can try clicking-thru that BB coupon here instead: http://www.edealinfo.com/Coupons/bestbuy.shtml (link at bottom)

The coupon is actually $10 off every $100 spent, if there's any difference.

Another *bump* for awesome speakers...These were my 3rd set of Klipsch's and my 2nd set of 5.1s (I have the regular 5.1s which were my old computer speakers now setup on the entertainment center and the Ultras on my computer). I had the original v.2-400s back in the day (very early set, they crapped out after a few years but both 5.1s are older and are still going strong with no problems).

I saw this post and thought I should reply.

Here in Kansas, we have a number of Best Buys. I myself have purchased these speakers, and at the full retail of $349.99 + whatever tax was.

With that said, I've noticed that at some of the smaller Best Buys, like ours, and a few others, like the Best Buy near Bannister Mall before it burned down, and the store in Lawrence, Kansas that these speakers did in fact carry different pricing than that of the bigger stores.

The lower pricing being $289 ~ $299, lower maybe. This was the price straight off the shelf. Not one that reflected any rebate or sales ad. And yes, I am talking about the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1's.

You may want to check with a Best Buy that may be near you if you know it to be a smaller store in a smaller town.

My only guess is that they have some sort of smaller market / town pricing that reflects the purchase power of a smaller towns economy. I've seen this with national chain grocery stores.

These are excellent speakers. I would also suggest you visit the Klipsh forums and dig / read around there. Lots of helpful information. here is the link: http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/forum.asp?forumID=98&sessionID={12052C33-9B5B-459F-9688-059EE19994C6}

Hope this helps, Kristina

hikeskool said:
Well, seeing as how the Z-5500s are better in almost every aspect, I don't see how.

The Z-5500's are better for the deaf, since they're cheaper. But if you can hear, you might want to get the Klipsch's

Well that makes me feel better for paying $399 for the 5.1's way back when...

Still the best thing I ever bought for my computer, though. Wish I could put a set in my truck...

Quanticles said:
The Z-5500's are better for the deaf, since they're cheaper. But if you can hear, you might want to get the Klipsch's

Man, that sure was a nice quantitative statement there.

The point is the Z-5500s have a Dolby decoder and optical and coaxial inputs whereas the Klipsch do not.

They both sound essentially the same for $400 PC speakers. I don't want to hear any of this "well, Klipsch makes mid-level home entertainment stuff and Logitech makes input devices, so logically the Klipsch are better" bullshit because I've been wading throug it with "audiophile purists" since ths Z-680s.

I had the old Klipsch 4.1s, sold them before I went to college and bought the Z-680s because there's really only space for one set of speakers in a dorm room and wanted surround for my DVDs. Both sets sound great and both will suit the demands of near-field sound (read: PC usage) quite well. No, they can't really compete with components that sell for three to four times as much (per channel), but they don't aim to.

Z-5500s > Ultra 5.1 simply because the Logitech include a decoder.

hikeskool said:
Man, that sure was a nice quantitative statement there.

I think he was commenting on this particularly sweeping statement below: ;)

hikeskool said:
Well, seeing as how the Z-5500s are better in almost every aspect, I don't see how.
;)

Otherwise i have no idea which sounds better and can contribute nothing to this debate.

hikeskool said:

Silly man.

The Logitech decoder isn't any better than a sound card. Just use the analog outs on any halfway decent soundcard and the sound quality will be equivelent or BETTER than the cheapass Logitech decoder.

Unless you're planning to plug in a device OTHER than a PC... So why buy PC speakers then?

-dB

SJetski71 said:
I think he was commenting on this particularly sweeping statement below: ;)

;)

Otherwise i have no idea which sounds better and can contribute nothing to this debate.

Note how I backed up my statement. Thanks for playing.

decibel said:
Silly man.

The Logitech decoder isn't any better than a sound card. Just use the analog outs on any halfway decent soundcard and the sound quality will be equivelent or BETTER than the cheapass Logitech decoder.

Unless you're planning to plug in a device OTHER than a PC... So why buy PC speakers then?

Some of us don't have room (or money) for different speakers for the comp, home theater, etc. The point of the Z-5500s and Z-680s is that you can use the digital inputs for different stuff, such as a game console or cable box or what have you.

They are good for people whose PCs and TV are in close proximity to each other (read: college students or apartment dwellers) and can thus use the same speakers.

Oh, I'd rather use my Audigy than any other shitty onboard solution or something that doesn't support EAX.

boxguy said:
This is (was) a deal thread not a "this is better/that is better" thread.

You're free to leave anytime now.

this coupon works with most products too, just not only (the logitech owning) Ultra 5.1's :p

Bugalaman said:
this coupon works with most products too, just not only (the logitech owning) Ultra 5.1's :p
Ya, it's effectively a 10% off coupon under a different moniker.

Gotta love lunatic audiophile debates though, they get messy real quick, i swear i've gotten my best laughs reading them. lol

Take your pick, logitech 5500's or Klipsch ultra, i bet both sound good for computer speakers. I do see hikeskool's point though, the 5500's have some nice features built into them.

After about two days of stalling, I finally mustered up the courage to buy them... now I'm poor :(

Back