Klipsch Promedia 5.1's - Amp repair

Another positive review for Henry as I got my amp back from him a couple of days ago. My amp was working fine when I sent it to him, but wanted to get the cooling upgrade done as well as replace any parts that may be showing signs of heat failure, in case he ever stopped offering his services. Total turnaround time was basically exactly one month from when my amp was delivered to his door to when I got it back. He said Dec. was quite busy for him both in repairs and his real job, so I think one month is longer than average turnaround.

He sent me a detailed report of what was changed via email, and when I got the amp back it worked great. The cooling fan is indeed very quiet, you can hear it if you sit about a foot from the sub in a very quiet room, but otherwise it is inaudible. Can't really tell if the cooling has improved any (I never drove my sub that hard to begin with) but the amp sounds as good as it did when I sent it away, probably even a little better as there appears to be slightly less hum when I put my ear right up to one of the sats.

Now I don't have to worry as much about turning it up when I need/want to, and the sub should give me many years continued usage.

How do I contact Henry Koch,
I just recieved my amp back from Elliot today, but its lost so much bass power, and no longer use the fuse inside, and the sound is terrible when play some classic music. I no longer feel the floor or wall vibirate as its used to be.

Phong
and how much does its cost to repair? I just lost $118 on Elliot.

How do I contact Henry Koch,
I just recieved my amp back from Elliot today, but its lost so much bass power, and no longer use the fuse inside, and the sound is terrible when play some classic music. I no longer feel the floor or wall vibirate as its used to be.

Phong
and how much does its cost to repair? I just lost $118 on Elliot.

You just lost 118 and you still want to find a way to repair these things? Cut your losses, burn Elliots house down and then pick up a different brand of speakers.

That makes no sense. If he can put in another $100 and get them repaired, he can continue using his speakers.

The alternative is to buy a new set, which is not only wasteful, but probably also more expensive considering he'd need to spend $300-400 to get an equivalent replacement. Even counting his lost $118 to Elliot, he still probably comes out ahead by repairing what he has.

Phong, all the info you need is right in this thread. Give it a look through and you'll find out how to contact Henry.

Just to give you guys another story for the archive that is this thread:

I contacted Henry Koch at [email protected] on Sept 12. I received a reply the same day and sent off my unit about a month later (some real life stuff delayed me) in October. I got a call maybe two weeks later (not exactly sure on the time-line) from Henry describing to me that he was having a supply problem with new bash boards from harman kardon and had already been waiting a long time for them. My options were I could continue to wait for a new one or I could go with a working one out of another existing unit he had on hand. I said I would continue to wait for a new board from harmon kardon.

About a month later, in early december, I contacted him, same situation, I can wait or get one from an existing unit. I still said I would wait. Another month goes by and now in early/mid january I contacted him again and still same situation. At this point I just felt like getting it done and asked for one from an existing unit.

I'm not unhappy with his service but I really wish I could have gotten a NEW bash board and not a used one out of another unit considering my original bash board apparently died. The failure rate for that unit combined with the other repairs/upgrades should be pretty low now but in the back of mind it will bother me. I'm not trying to create conspiracy stories but I don't understand how a major company like harman kardon cannot fill an order for 6 months. Regardless I should have my unit back in about 3 days (according to fedex) and I'm fairly certain it will work fine.

If anyone has any questions, any details you feel I left out, let me know. I'll try to remember to report back if my unit has any problems.

EDIT: My total costs, including shipping back (I don't remember how much shipping to) was $130.

I don't know the specifics of his arrangements with H/K but I doubt he is dealing in high enough quantities to be ordering direct from H/K. And if he is, he probably doesn't order enough at one time for them to produce a batch just for him. They probably don't produce a batch of those parts until they have a minimum amount in orders lined up.

That makes no sense. If he can put in another $100 and get them repaired, he can continue using his speakers.

The alternative is to buy a new set, which is not only wasteful, but probably also more expensive considering he'd need to spend $300-400 to get an equivalent replacement. Even counting his lost $118 to Elliot, he still probably comes out ahead by repairing what he has.

Phong, all the info you need is right in this thread. Give it a look through and you'll find out how to contact Henry.

Wasteful? A set of speakers? That is petty to the type of shit that is thrown away every day. I am not say everyone should throw out a set of speakers, but something like a set of computer speakers will have little impact.

He has 118 technically lost. Who knows if he can spend 100, maybe it is 150. Either way he could probably get a newer set with a warranty for an extended period of time then to pay someone to fix them and who knows how long they will last?

Just to give you guys another story for the archive that is this thread:

I contacted Henry Koch at [email protected] on Sept 12. I received a reply the same day and sent off my unit about a month later (some real life stuff delayed me) in October. I got a call maybe two weeks later (not exactly sure on the time-line) from Henry describing to me that he was having a supply problem with new bash boards from harman kardon and had already been waiting a long time for them. My options were I could continue to wait for a new one or I could go with a working one out of another existing unit he had on hand. I said I would continue to wait for a new board from harmon kardon.

About a month later, in early december, I contacted him, same situation, I can wait or get one from an existing unit. I still said I would wait. Another month goes by and now in early/mid january I contacted him again and still same situation. At this point I just felt like getting it done and asked for one from an existing unit.

I'm not unhappy with his service but I really wish I could have gotten a NEW bash board and not a used one out of another unit considering my original bash board apparently died. The failure rate for that unit combined with the other repairs/upgrades should be pretty low now but in the back of mind it will bother me. I'm not trying to create conspiracy stories but I don't understand how a major company like harman kardon cannot fill an order for 6 months. Regardless I should have my unit back in about 3 days (according to fedex) and I'm fairly certain it will work fine.

If anyone has any questions, any details you feel I left out, let me know. I'll try to remember to report back if my unit has any problems.

EDIT: My total costs, including shipping back (I don't remember how much shipping to) was $130.

You don't understand?

Are you that blind.

I mean honestly guys. If someone says they are waiting for 6 months or they give you this cheaper alternative choice they are screwing you.

You got screwed that is all there is to it. He held your speakers hostage.

The problem is if your unit has problems there is nothing you can do about it.

I would report the guy for fraud to local authorities. They might not do anything but at least he will know people are doing something about it.

You don't understand?

Are you that blind.

I mean honestly guys. If someone says they are waiting for 6 months or they give you this cheaper alternative choice they are screwing you.

You got screwed that is all there is to it. He held your speakers hostage.

The problem is if your unit has problems there is nothing you can do about it.

I would report the guy for fraud to local authorities. They might not do anything but at least he will know people are doing something about it.

How is it fraud? He told me exactly he was going to do before he did it and I paid him for that after that conversation. He gave me options on what I could do, I did not have to choose the option I did but considering he already had my speakers for months I sort of wanted them back. Sure, I didn't quite get what I originally planned to get but I was not decieved. Henry was in contact with me the entire time, periodically calling me and replying promptly to any of my emails. I didn't feel neglected.

My speakers were fixed and are on the way back to me now. You have a better solution for me to fix my broken speakers?

You are sure you aren't confusing henry with elliot?

How is it fraud? He told me exactly he was going to do before he did it and I paid him for that after that conversation. He gave me options on what I could do, I did not have to choose the option I did but considering he already had my speakers for months I sort of wanted them back. Sure, I didn't quite get what I originally planned to get but I was not decieved. Henry was in contact with me the entire time, periodically calling me and replying promptly to any of my emails. I didn't feel neglected.

My speakers were fixed and are on the way back to me now. You have a better solution for me to fix my broken speakers?

You are sure you aren't confusing henry with elliot?

A better solution is to send back the broken speakers if he can't agree to fix them the way he told you he could. He had you waiting for 3 months. I understand if he emailed you the whole time, but he should have agreed to send you back the speakers at his cost because this was his issue.

If he has a supply issue after you send him the speakers that isn't your fault.

He didn't give you that option according to what you said. So he baited and switched you to cheaper option he already had in placed when you initially agreed to pay for a new board? How is that not fraud?

That would be like if I sent my Xbox into Microsoft and someone told me I was getting a brand new Xbox if I paid this upgraded fee to get the new one, only to be told weeks later they didn't have new ones and offering to send you a used one without any refund or a way to make it up to you.

A better solution is to send back the broken speakers if he can't agree to fix them the way he told you he could. He had you waiting for 3 months. I understand if he emailed you the whole time, but he should have agreed to send you back the speakers at his cost because this was his issue.

If he has a supply issue after you send him the speakers that isn't your fault.

He didn't give you that option according to what you said.

Here is a part from his very first email to me after I contacted him for more information about his services, before I sent off my unit: """Most panels can be repaired and upgraded with readily available parts. Perhaps 20% of panels, though, require one or even two BASH HC1011 boards for repair. One board is for the satellites, and the other for the subwoofer. Harman is the only supplier in the U.S., and has been out of stock this summer. I've been told to expect them to have stock August 26, now revised to Sept.26. """

My options towards the end that we discussed over the phone:

1) Continue to wait for a new board from Harman Kardon. ETA totally unknown.
2) Have a used but working (at the time) BASH board from another Klipsch unit and Henry promises to gaurntee is the unit working for longer than he normally does (I have no way to verify that claim).
3) He said in the upcoming weeks he was going to look into trying out a new solution that involved him building something, an alternative part, from scratch. He gave some details but I don't remember specifics.

He didn't explicitly mention the option of sending my unit back but I don't feel that he would have refused. I wouldn't have been happy with this option either because I would have just gotten a broken unit just like I sent.

So he baited and switched you to cheaper option he already had in placed when you initially agreed to pay for a new board? How is that not fraud?

That would be like if I sent my Xbox into Microsoft and someone told me I was getting a brand new Xbox if I paid this upgraded fee to get the new one, only to be told weeks later they didn't have new ones and offering to send you a used one without any refund or a way to make it up to you.

In your analogy, money has already traded hands. I would think that for something to constitute fraud, there would have to be some exchange first.

My unit was delivered today according to fedex so I'll try to hook it up tonight and test it.

Gotta a borked klipsch 5.1 set here collecting dust. Would really like to have it fixed. Im from around the Montreal area. If anyone knows someone who can help pls let me know.

I have the ultras as well hooked up to my PC and use my PC as an HTPC hooked up to my TV. My question is how can I get my ultras to work on other things besides my TV like my xbox360 or blu ray player. I can get a reciever but still not sure how it would be hooked up since the speakers use headphone jacks

I have the ultras as well hooked up to my PC and use my PC as an HTPC hooked up to my TV. My question is how can I get my ultras to work on other things besides my TV like my xbox360 or blu ray player. I can get a reciever but still not sure how it would be hooked up since the speakers use headphone jacks

Wait, what? your speakers use 18gauge wire. Very nominal for the speakers.

Since I just looked up the spec's for my Ultras since I have been using non-stop since 2003 (nock on wood) and plan on using it with a reciever here in a week all peices will work with a reciever. The speakers are rated at 8ohms and 60watt so just about any cheap reciever won't blow with these. To use the sub some people are saying a 1 to 2 RCA and another to a stereo jack, they have been able to get nominal power out of the sub.

Im Actually really glad this works, the speakers aren't as good as the HD 500's, but there isn't a huge difference. But I will be going for the HD 500 set as soon as I can justify spending another $500 on speakers :D.

Hey guys,
Just turned my Promedia Ultra 5.1's on after they have been sitting off for about a week and after it warmed up, they are crackling like crazy :(

Really pissed this happened to me but I actually have a spare dead sub/amp in a box so maybe its not too bad.

In any case, they still work fine but they wont stop crackling!! I have tried everything (unplugging to discharge any caps, powercycling it, hitting it, etc). No luck.

Does anyone know what causes them to crackle?? They have worked perfectly for the last 3 years and I feel like if it is a bad cap or resistor or something else I can easily de-solder and re-solder then its really worth my time to fix it.

I have tried searching but no one really lists what goes wrong. I am going to try to contact Henry now to see what he says and if its only ~$100 ill go ahead and get him to work his magic.

I just got my amp back from Henry last night and couldnt be happier with the service provided.

I initally contacted him in Late Decenmber and He was swamped so we lined it up for me to send my amp to him in the first week of March so that He wouldnt be sitting on My and many other amps as long.

It seems he has been restocked with BASH daughter boards as both of mine had been replaced(at my request) and the cost was $163 which I was happy to pay. He also returned my old BASH boards in case I need them in the future.

For me the whole process was positive.

With you all sending your units to these guys for $160 why wouldn't you just buy the 300W BASH amp and make a slight mod to your enclosure, then use a decent receiver for the sats? I saw someone selling 20 of them on Ebay for $125 w/ free shipping.

My amp died too. I just bought a cheap Pioneer HT receiver to drive the sattelites and stole my HT sub. I miss the low end of the ProMedia sub though. I live in Canada and shipping my sub back and forth to Henry will cost a small fortune. Those of you that have already dealt with him: Did you send the whole sub or just the amp? He must have an enclosure to pop amps into for testing. Shipping the amp only (well packaged of course) would not be so bad...

I will probably just grab one of the 300S or 500S BASH amps and mod the enclosure to fit. The OE amp is rated @ 500W but I'm only going to run the sub off it so I don't know if it's worth it to spend almost another $100 on the 500S. I will let you guys know how it goes and post up some pics. They are about a 15 minute drive from me so I'm going to drop by next week. Apparently BASH Audio was sold to a large Asian manufacturer and the amps are now being made in China...

http://www.bashaudio.com/ seems to be dead: However I did a WHOIS lookup on them and found the following info:

-----------
Registrant:

Blade Technologies Inc.
165 Steel Case Road E.
Markham, ON L3R 1G1
CA

Domain Name: BASHAUDIO.COM

Administrative Contact :
Riggi, Joe
[email protected]
165 Steel Case Road E.
Markham, Ont. L3R 1G1
CAN
Phone: +1 905 513 9850
Fax: +1 905 513 9849

Record expires on 18-Mar-2013
Record created on 19-Mar-1998
Database last updated on 07-Mar-2008

-----------

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18086

US:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_electronics?_encoding=UTF8&node=172282&field-brandtextbin=Bash

Parts-Express

Manufacturer refurbed: $72.66 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bash-300-Watt-Digital-Subwoofer-Amplifier-/320878003648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab5d1c5c0

BASH 300S: $168.70 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-750&utm_source=Bazaarvoiceps

BASH 500S: $249.88 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-752

In Canada - Creative Sound:

BASH 300S: $175 http://creativesound.ca/details.php?model=BASH300

BASH 500S: $265 http://creativesound.ca/details.php?model=BASH500

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I will probably just grab one of the 300S or 500S BASH amps and mod the enclosure to fit. The OE amp is rated @ 500W but I'm only going to run the sub off it so I don't know if it's worth it to spend almost another $100 on the 500S.
With the 300W, you will be getting a more powerful amp for your subs than the original. The 500W was split between the two subs and 5 sats. You will have 300W dedicated to your two subs.

Also, what is the recommendation on resistor precision. I think all but one of the resistors I purchased were 1%. The other one was a 4.7 Ohm (R527) at 5% - is this too high?

Last edited:
With you all sending your units to these guys for $160 why wouldn't you just buy the 300W BASH amp and make a slight mod to your enclosure, then use a decent receiver for the sats? I saw someone selling 20 of them on Ebay for $125 w/ free shipping.

Even that's kind of unnecessary. Mod the enclosure just to seal it up and allow for power connections to the outside. Then you can just buy a cheap power amp. As long as you're using a receiver to send the signal to the sub, all the sub needs is power. No need to bother with bash amps or trying to shoehorn another plate amp into the enclosure.

If you take a look at Parts Express it doesn't seem you can get anything (plate amps) over 200W amps for less than $125 including no-name China brands.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=505

A plate amp will keep things nice and tidy: I even hate external power adapters such as the power adapter my USB hard drives and laptop AC adapter come with. The BASH amps I referenced are not much deeper if at all compared to the OE amp.

Alternatively: I have been looking around and you can get a BNIB Polk Audio (PSW108) sub for $180 from Crutchfield albeit only 80W RMS, or Polk PSW10 for $120. Both only have single 10" subs and I doubt the build quality is as good as our Klipsch subs, but tempting. I don't want to trash my sub... =(

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PSW108/Polk-Audio-PSW108.html?tp=187

http://www.nextag.com/Polk-Audio-Monitor-Series-805070887/prices-html

I would rather stay away from Bash Audio totally if there was a well-matched easy to implement alternative. Thoughts?

P.S. I went on a mission yesterday and found that Blade Technologies Inc. (aka Bash Audio) has fled the scene and no longer resides at the address above.

I think I read that BASH tech was bought-out, but I don't remember by who. There isn't a trace of BASH anywhere on the net except for in forums and on audio retail sites.

My Ultra sub wasnt outputting sound and was hissing. So I messaged stpeteshepherd on ebay and shortly after that sent my amp to him. Took about 2 weeks total, including shipping to and from. Sounds way better and best of all works like a charm!!

So I finally got everything back together and still not working. I replaced every component on the DaughterBoard and a few more (e.g. R527 on the main) but no sound from the sats. The sub seems to be working although I am not sure that it is functioning optimally (it may be I just can't tell).

Not sure what to do at this point. Everything else on the amp looks good - not sure what else to change out. But it could be something I replaced - maybe didn't do it correctly. I don't have a multimeter so I have not done any continuity checks.

Maybe I need to just go the amp/receiver route. I've put about $40 into parts at this point.

So I finally got everything back together and still not working. I replaced every component on the DaughterBoard and a few more (e.g. R527 on the main) but no sound from the sats. The sub seems to be working although I am not sure that it is functioning optimally (it may be I just can't tell).

Not sure what to do at this point. Everything else on the amp looks good - not sure what else to change out. But it could be something I replaced - maybe didn't do it correctly. I don't have a multimeter so I have not done any continuity checks.

Maybe I need to just go the amp/receiver route. I've put about $40 into parts at this point.

Hell yea you do. And more people should do this too. Instead of spending money on these systems that will still most likely break in the future just invest into a more reliable set up.

So here is what I have decided to do. I found a decent receiver that should last some time that I can run my computer, PS3, Wii, etc., all hooked-up to my Klipsch Promedias. It should be expandable to larger sats if I want in the future. Its a bit pricey but not outrageous - Denon AVR-591 for just over $200. I was going to go with the newer AVR-1612 (Cheaper) but they dropped the upconverting (analog to HDMI) and component connection (for my Wii) and is otherwise exactly the same except it has native 7.1 (but I don't care for 7.1) and an updated on-screen display (wow). I know, I could have gotten away with a much cheaper receiver but sound quality is supposed to be noticeably better in this price range over the cheaper units. I priced some great entry level units around the $100 mark on Ebay but was swayed by some of the sound quality features and upconverting. To buy any of those lower-level units new with a warranty costs about much as this lower-midrange unit.

Since my sub seems to be working - "snap" when it comes on, no hums or static, and plenty of air coming through the port - I will just run the RCA from the sub-out to the sub/center in on the Klipsch promedia amp for now. Make sure the control unit is plugged-in, on, and bass is cranked to 15 while front/rear is -15 and set at a reasonable volume. I'll just run the sub amp until it goes and later either invest in plate amp (BASH 300W are currently $80 refurbed w/ 1 year warranty from PE) or just buy a new sub altogether. But hopefully I can get at least another year out of this sub.

So here is what I have decided to do. I found a decent receiver that should last some time that I can run my computer, PS3, Wii, etc., all hooked-up to my Klipsch Promedias. It should be expandable to larger sats if I want in the future. Its a bit pricey but not outrageous - Denon AVR-591 for just over $200. I was going to go with the newer AVR-1612 (Cheaper) but they dropped the upconverting (analog to HDMI) and component connection (for my Wii) and is otherwise exactly the same except it has native 7.1 (but I don't care for 7.1) and an updated on-screen display (wow). I know, I could have gotten away with a much cheaper receiver but sound quality is supposed to be noticeably better in this price range over the cheaper units. I priced some great entry level units around the $100 mark on Ebay but was swayed by some of the sound quality features and upconverting. To buy any of those lower-level units new with a warranty costs about much as this lower-midrange unit.

Since my sub seems to be working - "snap" when it comes on, no hums or static, and plenty of air coming through the port - I will just run the RCA from the sub-out to the sub/center in on the Klipsch promedia amp for now. Make sure the control unit is plugged-in, on, and bass is cranked to 15 while front/rear is -15 and set at a reasonable volume. I'll just run the sub amp until it goes and later either invest in plate amp (BASH 300W are currently $80 refurbed w/ 1 year warranty from PE) or just buy a new sub altogether. But hopefully I can get at least another year out of this sub.

Energy had subs on sale for like 150 via newegg sales. You can get a way better Polk sub for 100 bucks that will blow the Klipsch one out of the water.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290034 (goes on sale for like 99 bucks)

Why spend 80 on something with a modified enclosure that carries no residual value? I know you don't have plans to sell something, but something like that Polk sub could easily be sold for around 50 bucks or half its value.

The modified Klipsch sub? Not so much.

I would personally get a 100 dollar amp/receiver. You are driving pretty small speakers.

Energy had subs on sale for like 150 via newegg sales. You can get a way better Polk sub for 100 bucks that will blow the Klipsch one out of the water.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290034 (goes on sale for like 99 bucks)

Why spend 80 on something with a modified enclosure that carries no residual value? I know you don't have plans to sell something, but something like that Polk sub could easily be sold for around 50 bucks or half its value.

The modified Klipsch sub? Not so much.

I would personally get a 100 dollar amp/receiver. You are driving pretty small speakers.
There is no way that that Polk is "way better". The dual 8"s have something like 20% more surface area and an extra 100W. Maybe sound reproduction is a little better due to materials, but... The reason I would get a plate amp is because there is no reason to trash dual 8" subs and an enclosure. I tend to use what I have until it can't be used any more - I don't like trashing stuff that is useable. As I said, my sub still works so I'm not spending nay money at the moment on a sub.

As far as the receiver... anything at $100 new is typically junk. On Ebay, a good system win at $100 usually involves "no remote", "no....", "no warranty". You can get away with entry-level buy-it-now refurbs with 1 year warranty for about $160 shipped at the lowest.

wow didn't know this thread was still around, i've just been using headphones as i'm tired of fixing the klipsch's. at some point i'll want to repair it again tho, or i can just sell them to someone else to fix

I have a set of ProMedia 5.1 Ultras that I've used for about 10+ years. They've been on 16/7/365 since I've got them, so I'm surprised I'm only now starting to run into an issue with them. Anyway, the satellites still work flawlessly, but the sub seems to have trouble coming on. When it does come on, sometimes it will crackle for a few minutes then either go out again or function normally. When it starts functioning normally, I can boost the bass in any way I see fit and it has no trouble at all, but in order to get it to come on initially, I have to adjust the bass down to 0 or -5 on the control console (and even that doesn't always work).

I've already replaced the power relay (as mentioned in this article), but no dice. Anyone had a similar issue? I don't have much free time to spend checking everything with a multi-meter, so I figured it better to see if anyone else knows the issue first.

I would just send it in for repairs, but no sub is better than no sound at all, so I'd prefer to do the repair myself (that and I've seen how some shipping center workers in my area tend to handle packages). Anyway, thanks for any help!

Went through a ton of posts, but I'm hoping someone with knowledge of circuits and speakers systems can logically figure out what the problem could be with the information of what happened.

Couple of months ago: speakers started producing a weird scratching sound with static and eventually died. (wouldn't output any sound through the speakers)

Today: I turned on my speakers (heard the initial pop which is good), so I figured I'd test to make sure they weren't still dead. I turned on my computer and they were working fine.

After an hour of the computer being turned on, and the speakers turned off (the controller turned off..not the outlet being unplugged), -> I turned on the speakers and it gave off the strange static/scratching noise when I played music. I repeated for an hour and it only got worse.

I turned off the controller and then restarted the computer. The speakers were initially working fine, but after an hour they did the same thing.

I restarted again and same thing. This time however I didn't restart again, i just left the computer on and the controller off (speakers stilled plugged into the computer). I waited 6+ hours and when I came back the speakers weren't working at all when I turned them on. There was no pop when I turned them on either, just a long hissing sound coming from the amp.

It seems weird that the speakers came back to life after several months and then slowly died again.

Important (potentially): Before the speakers completely died and it was outputting a strange static/stretching sound along with the music..there was a weird effect. After i paused the music, the static/scratching sound would still come from the speakers for a few more seconds and then eventually die off.

Edit: The headphone jack has worked the entire time and still works.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited:
I am experiencing the same issues as pangus. Squeaking/scratching noise coming from speakers.

Just bought a Lepai tripath amp and for the klipsch front speakers and also both Energy S10.3 to replace the promedia sub :(.

Can the Lepai tripath amp be used to connect the dual promedia sub drivers? Most likely not due to power requirements of the drivers.

Any ideas of re-using the sub drivers?

Last edited:
I am experiencing the same issues as pangus. Squeaking/scratching noise coming from speakers.

Just bought a Lepai tripath amp and for the klipsch front speakers and also both Energy S10.3 to replace the promedia sub :(.

Can the Lepai tripath amp be used to connect the dual promedia sub drivers? Most likely not due to power requirements of the drivers.

Any ideas of re-using the sub drivers?

Yeah. Remove and toss the blown klipsch bash amp from the sub and buy an amp from parts express and bolt that sucker on. Done. $89 plus shipping
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-802
Use your other amp for the satellites. If the plate doesn't cover the hole from the bash amp you may need to get creative with some mdf or something.

Yeah. Remove and toss the blown klipsch bash amp from the sub and buy an amp from parts express and bolt that sucker on. Done. $89 plus shipping
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-802
Use your other amp for the satellites. If the plate doesn't cover the hole from the bash amp you may need to get creative with some mdf or something.

edit:
Thanks for the recommendation. That amp is much cheaper than the BASH 300S. Will that provide enough power? Found the answer in the part-express page.

Now I have an option to bring the baby to life :)

Last edited:
So replacing the bass amp will fix all of the problems for the noise coming out of the speakers as well?

I just want to say, how annoying it is to get screwed by Elliott. $120 down the drain. He wont return any e-mail, and has not sent my amp back. Its been 6 months now and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Joe

I just want to say, how annoying it is to get screwed by Elliott. $120 down the drain. He wont return any e-mail, and has not sent my amp back. Its been 6 months now and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Joe

Joe,

I was warning people a year and a half ago in this thread NOT to send their equipment to Elliott.

You might get it back eventually, but as I said before, the wait times and utter lack of professionalism/communication after the sale is just ridiculous with this guy.

I'm pleading with anyone reading this not to use him when (as far as I know) Henry is still repairing amps, doing better work, and actually communicating with his customers and returning their gear in a timely manner. Even if Henry's not still doing repair work I would probably try just about any other option before resorting to Elliott...

Joe
I was warning people a year and a half ago in this thread NOT to send their equipment to Elliott.

You might get it back eventually, but as I said before, the wait times and utter lack of professionalism/communication after the sale is just ridiculous with this guy.

I'm pleading with anyone reading this not to use him when (as far as I know) Henry is still repairing amps, doing better work, and actually communicating with his customers and returning their gear in a timely manner. Even if Henry's not still doing repair work I would probably try just about any other option before resorting to Elliott...

I agree 100%, leave Elliott alone. I too had probs with this dude...

Back