Klipsch Promedia 4.1s just went wrong

The Titan

Ownage brought to you by Dr Pepper
I am kind of in the dark about new speaker systems since I have had these speakers for five years. They are no longer sold, or made, and klipsch seems to be discontinuing their whole line. I cannot fix my speakers and I am reasonably sure no one else can that I am willing to trust.

Somebody tell me what can match a klipsch 4.1 system like this... I can make educated guesses but I want some other views to go on. Thanks.:)

I am leaning in logitechs direction but dont know where the best place is to get them, or what their top of the line system is.

I have the same speakers, and I recall when I bought them that there was an optional configuration.... 4.2's. Buy dual 2.1 setups, put 1x 2.1 as front set, and 1x 2.1 as rear set. Other than that, go for Klipsch 5.1 Ultras if you going high end, or some 5.1 set of Logitechs on the more reasonable side of the price bracket.

The Logitech z5500's don't die as quickly as klipsch, and if you turn the bass down, they sound almost as good.

Honestly, though, if you want my advice, if your gonna spend $300 on 5.1's or 4.1's, I'd get something that'll last a good while and get 4 bookshelf speakers and a receiver.

It'll cost a bit more, and you'll need a stand for two of them, but........

i sold my klipsch 4.1 system due to the static on the control knob when adjusting volumes. i picked up the 5.1 ultras and love them. the headphone port on the new control pod is very useful for me.

they are kinda pricy and if you wanted something better you'd better go for a reciever and bookshelf speakers

That tuner issue is pretty easy to fix with a $3 can of contact cleaner spray from Radio Shack. What exactly is the issue with your Speaker, Titan? I've run into a problem myself where my volume control module seems to be going bad.

I thought that you can buy a replacement volume control module directly from Klipsch? I used the air cleaner on the volume tuner which did the trick, my 4.1 still going strong.

Klipsch will usually fix them if there is a problem something like $50? I sent my 4.1's to them when the amp died and they couldn't get the parts for it. They sent me a set of 5.1 ultra's in return for no charge. I was pretty happy and still am as they are excellent speakers.

Klipsch is no longer fixing the speakers and by the time I can get anything replaced by them they will be done in the computer speaker department...

I cant find the 5.1 ultras on sale at any online or walk in store. I am unwilling to do things like ebay so out of luck there too.

That z5500 logitech thing was exactly what I was looking at. I know its dumb but going from 4.1 to 5.1 scares me, especially since my soundcard is 4.1.

If anyone has advice on how to hook up that whole receiver and speaker deal to a computer sound card I am all ears, money is tight as of right now though...

My exact problem is an unexplainable very loud static noise coming from my rear right speaker, and when I disconnect that one speaker it redistributes the statis two the other 3 satellites except its quietter. This happens whether or not the speakers are in headphone mode or on mode, I have to unplug the speakers to get it to stop. I am sure its the amp and not the control pod.

I would go with the reciever setup and book shelf speakers, you leave so much room for upgrads later on and flexiablity. Yeah it's more work but it'll probably sound better than anybody elses computer speakers.

Maybe I should buy some 5.1 headphones that are big enough that they wont hurt my freaking ears. The ones I have now and am using arent big enough so they sit on my ear and after a while I cant even touch my ears they hurt so bad.

That would be not as good as getting a new system though because sometimes (all the time) I dont want a damn contraption on my head. Messes up my hair too so I end up having this "dent" in my hair. I hate that. :)

Back