Kittyo Enables Remote Interaction with Your Cat

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bored at work and looking for a new diversion? How about playing with your cat at home remotely? It’s good therapy for you and your pet and a great way to kill time at work. :D Kittyo is a successful Kickstarter campaign, which is basically a remote home unit controlled by an App on your iOS or Android device. The device begins shipment in November.

pff, An USB missile launcher with a laser pointer taped on should do the trick, except for the feeding :p

Well, the shelf mount is smart, because my cats would tear that to pieces in no time. I still think my male cat would be more than strong enough to defeat it though.

Regarding toys though, in my experience any toy that is too repetitive will lose their interest, and most of the time when you are at work your cats are most likely in the mood to sleep anyway. Cats evolved to sleep in the middle of the day and are most active at dusk and dawn and a bit at night when its cooler. They have rather crappy daytime vision for example, because their eyes are evolved for low-light performance.

And cmon, motivate a fat cat with a treat dispenser, lol!? Poor cat, Jesus! Stop leaving kibble out and switch it to a raw diet and problem solved. Not rocket science.

That has to have the most funny intro ever. "ever miss your cat while at work?" Then it proceeds to sell a thing for playing with your cats while at work like it is some game. Humanity can come up with something that is a better use of its time.

The device is available for pre-order for $149, which reflects a $40 reduction from the retail price.

I guess I'll be waiting for the inevitable woot-off full of these things.

thank god they didnt call it the iKitty.. that was probably taken anyway

I can see this getting hacked and people stream your home online 24/7.

On a more serious note, don't use laser pointers to play with your cats or dogs.

They can very easily become "obsessed" with it and want to do nothing except look for the red dot.

On a more serious note, don't use laser pointers to play with your cats or dogs.

They can very easily become "obsessed" with it and want to do nothing except look for the red dot.
...and there are some cats who could give a bloody damn about a red dot cruising about the room. A big spider or a beetle, OTOH...

Back