Kingston ValueRAM sucks ? ?

AMD T-type

Supreme [H]ardness
I've recently put 5 sticks of Kingston ValueRAM 256MB DDR PC2700 in some builds i've done for customers.

3 of the 5 sticks have gone bad already and it put my in a hugh pinch seeing that 2 of the PC's were in a business and i only had one extra stick for break/fix (yeah i know, bad me :()

Is this some sort of issue ?
I'm wondering if i should just start using Crucial.

i've never had a problem with it. it's got a lifetime warranty, and depending on where you bought it, you may be able to just swap it out right there.

it works better than my mushkin lmao....something wrong with my new ram ...argh

I've only purchased a couple of 512 sticks about 9 months ago, but they are still working.

I've been pushing my 512MB stick of PC2700 Kingston Valueram at 200MHz FSB at stock voltages since last September when I built my machine. Was rock solid using Prime95, etc.

I decided to see how far I could push this ram on BIOS voltages. 2.9V and it got errors in Memtest at anything 210MHz and beyond. Stable at 205MHz with 3-4-4-11T @ 2.9V, though I haven't played with timings much. Dropped down to 2.5-4-4-11T at same voltage, and Prime95 gave me ILLEGAL SUMOUT warnings after about an hour. I think I was surfing and using MSN at the time, so maybe that did it? :confused:

What I got, memtest stable, with a 256mb kvr3200.
kvr3200@250mhz.jpg

Back