Kingston HyperX 2x4gb DDR3 1600 (50 - 30MIR = $20 AR) @ MC

I just got off the phone with Kingston. If you buy this ram and have it sent to a military APO you can still put your home address on the form and they will still process it. At least thats what the rep told me. Just some info for those stationed elsewhere.

HAHA
I bought a pack of that not realizing it was on sale. The machine I used it in crashed... Changed the ram and its happy now....

I just noticed its 1.65v memory, i suspect that was the issue.

I got these just a couple of weeks ago at $65 - $15 rebate or something like that at MC. I've had no issues whatsoever with this ram. I don't even have the voltage all the way up to it's recommended setting (left it at mobo's stock setting). I'm debating whether to pick up another 8gig. MC has had some awesome deals as of late. I picked up my mobo for $100 AR and 2500k for $179!

Wow. Second set of RAM today at $50. I don't usually consider MIRs, but damn.

Kitty how is that setup exactly what I am looking to pick up.

everyone is talking about it as their store is oos. Why dont you just order it and have shipped? I personally dont need cause i have more ddr3 than i need already but I might still order for future setups.

Kitty how is that setup exactly what I am looking to pick up.

So far pretty amazing, it simply devours everything I've thrown at it. I'm having to use a lowly resolution but plan to get a 30" around Christmas.

LOL The two stores near me (Atlanta-Marietta and Duluth) both had 10+ of these in stock when I looked earlier today. Now they are OOS! Oh well... I doubt I really need 16 gig of ram.

Well, here's the good news...since that's the price for the whole month, and the rebate form says 8/1 thru 9/1/11, the deal won't be going away, you just need to wait for them to restock, which will be often enough, I'm sure.

Good thing about microcenter, sometimes they aren't smart enough to update pricing vs. demand.

Not sure if it's me or something, but when I tried to add it to cart, it's stating that "Removed items that are inactive or no longer valid."

Not sure if it's me or something, but when I tried to add it to cart, it's stating that "Removed items that are inactive or no longer valid."

It went OOS earlier this morning for non-store-pickup orders.

Yep, its dead now. It was sold too fast and furious and they figured out their snafu with the MIR. It will be back, but I doubt it will be as cheap. The MIR is still on, so if someone has a copy, it will still work on this stuff when it comes back in stock. Chances are it won't have the "instant rebate" Microcenter applied to it to make them 49.99. They will probably go back up to $65, or whatever they were.

Wow, they cleared their stock real quick. I'm hoping it'll come back still at the 49.99 mark but I'd be fooling myself.

Back