Kingston Digital Ships SandForce-based HyperX SSD

HardOCP News

[H] News
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the HyperX® SSD, its first SATA Rev. 3.0 6Gb/s solid-state drive. The Kingston® HyperX SSD features the latest SandForce® controller and is designed for enthusiasts, gamers and performance users.
Kingston HyperX SSD highlights include:

• 120GB and 240GB capacities*
  • Ships as a standalone SSD (includes HyperX branded 2.5" to 3.5" desktop mounting plate); or as a bundle with the HyperX Upgrade Kit for easy installation (includes Acronis® True Image™ HD migration software, desktop mounting plate, external drive bay, multi-head screwdriver, SATA data cable
  • Incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555 / 510MB/s1
  • SandForce SF-2281 controller featuring SATA Rev 3.0 (6GB/s)
  • Max 4KB random read/write of 95,000 / 70,000 IOPS2 (120GB)
  • Premium Intel 25nm Compute NAND (P/E 5K)

Wow, visually I'm impressed. I wanted a Sandforce SATA 3 SSD for my Sandy-Bridge E build this winter, and this looks to fit the bill.

The "no moving parts" bit is what makes it so impossible to make an interesting video about it...

Just wanted to say that I have the 120G version, and I'm getting the same BSOD behavior that a lot of others in other brands are getting with this particular iteration of Sandforce. Been very interesting experience thus far troubleshooting.

Back