Kingston 64GB V100 SSD $75 (after $40 rebate)

And before anyone else pulls the "don't post it on SD" line, it's already on there, that's the first place I saw it earlier.

Additionally, the rebate allows for two units and will be a check, not a gift/debit card.

And before anyone else pulls the "don't post it on SD" line, it's already on there, that's the first place I saw it earlier.
This deal isn't quite on the same magnitude (if you are referring to the OCZ vertex LE drives).

I ordered two 128 Kingston drives a while back from Buy and I got the $75 rebate for each drive back last week. Thought it was weird that I submitted both UPC numbers on the same rebate form but they still sent 2 separate checks.

I might hop on one of these for my laptop. Almost $1 per gig is awesome for a SSD.

That is exactly why I purchased two. Ever since I switched my desktop to SSDs for the boot drive I have become impatient with the regular ones.

I see $75 after rebate. Am I missing something?

Edit:
I'm blind.

Last edited:
these are the Vs not the V+, these are really slow.
And you will need TRIM.
But for the price, a warm deal.

these are the Vs not the V+, these are really slow.
And you will need TRIM.
But for the price, a warm deal.

THIS.

If this were the V+ edition I would have bought 4 and used two address...hehe.

The V+ are way too expensive, but their garbage collection is heads and tails above Sandforce drives.

Meh, no garbage collection. Only TRIM support. meh, meh, meh
ALL SSDs have garbage collection.

To claim that they don't shows a lack of understanding on how they work.

Please don't spread this misinformation and make this forum and yourself, look bad. ;)

I corrected my post. Yes the drive does have idle garbage collection and TRIM support depending on the OS.

Maybe you should act less like a douche-bag next time and explain yourself. How exactly do "all" SSDs support garbage collection?

LMAO

Bought this same drive for my laptop about two months or so ago. Love it so far and just got my rebate yesterday (took a really long time but I got it) (I also waited like 25 days before sending it in)

How exactly do "all" SSDs support garbage collection?
AnandTech has a great article on how SSDs work and how/why GC is necessary and a part of all SSDs.

Maybe you should act less like a douche-bag next time and explain yourself.
I took the time to educate myself by reading and have neither the time or energy to explain everything to everyone.
The douch bags are the ones that don't bother to do their own research but yet spout facts that aren't true and get mad when challenged. :)

Good Luck!

AnandTech has a great article on how SSDs work and how/why GC is necessary and a part of all SSDs.

You are wrong in that ALL SSD's have garbage collection. Maybe you should do your research next time. Many, and I mean many of the earlier SSD's. Kingston and Intel to name a few did not have any hardware based garbage collection like we think of today.

Again, you are acting like a douche-bag because you are misinformed. Next time maybe you should do a little research into what the word "all" truly means.

LMAO!

You are wrong in that ALL SSD's have garbage collection. Maybe you should do your research next time. Many, and I mean many of the earlier SSD's. Kingston and Intel to name a few did not have any hardware based garbage collection like we think of today.
"As we know it today" =/= "As it's always been". Garbage collection and Idle Garbage Collection are different, and while pretty much every SSD that I've ever seen has had a standard garbage collection overhead, the early ones weren't capable of idle garbage collection. Thus, he's still correct, and you are very much wrong (unless you try to say that you *meant* idle garbage collection, in which case, make your point less vague in the future.

Again, you are acting like a douche-bag because you are misinformed. Next time maybe you should do a little research into what the word "all" truly means.

LMAO!
Mature. Really mature...

Back