Kingston 64GB V100 SSD $115-$45MIR= $70 AMIR @ Egg

If 2 drives are RAIDed it not matter if it was SATA2. Just wish all drives would come down to this level.

I was almost thinking about it, then saw it was a Kingston.

Had bad experiences with Kingston?

Well their RAM is generally considered sub-par, and they aren't selling these drives cheap because they are top quality products. Hey as long as it doesn't die and you don't expect anything too impressive then it's probably a good deal.

Yes and no. Everything Kingston that I've owned worked fine, just not as they advertised. I'd set the memory at the timings or voltage that was advertised and my system would be unstable. I'd either set my timings higher or set higher voltage to have a stable system. They cost more than the competition too.

Exact same price at Frys in store at the moment if you happen to have a Frys nearby.

I have an ssdnow v+ and have been very pleased with it considering i paid under $100 about a year ago.

yeah I think their warranty is decent too, at least if you have backups when it dies no big deal, you can get it replaced.

The Kingston SSDs have massive write amplification (20x or more) and their garbage collection is constant, I've stayed away from them despite their budget pricing because I would honestly worry about their longevity, especially since you know they aren't using high quality NAND.

Back