Kingston 64GB SSD $74.99 ($114.99 - $40 MIR) Newegg Shell Shocker 10am-1pm PT

The rebate nazi's will certainly be in here at some point whining. Also keep in mind this is supposedly just the drive, according to Kingston, no power/data cables, no software, no brackets.

does anyone know what controller this drive uses?

and what read/write speeds are typical

The rebate nazi's will certainly be in here at some point whining. Also keep in mind this is supposedly just the drive, according to Kingston, no power/data cables, no software, no brackets.

Yes the rebate nazi's, if the price was $115 with no rebates we wouldn't hear from them. They don't like icing on their cake, but instead of wiping it off they would rather complain.

Yes the rebate nazi's, if the price was $115 with no rebates we wouldn't hear from them. They don't like icing on their cake, but instead of wiping it off they would rather complain.

haha yes that is why I always include some basic math calculations. rebate nazis...lol

The timing on this deal is pretty good since I think the Super Talent 60GB SSD in my wifes laptop is about to die (Im having issues restoring to it).

Yes, I appreciate giving them a free 30 day loan, plus the time needed to process the rebate greatly reduces the actual value of it.

I have gone through a bit over $9,000 in rebates in the last 10 years and had a total of $16.99 rejected in that time period. You just need to keep track of the paperwork.

I ordered this about a month ago (or a very similar deal on the same drive from newegg). Drive has been working great and very fast. It is only the drive so you will need brackets and a cable if you aren't putting it in a laptop. I am still waiting on my rebate but hopefully will get it some time soon.

I think this is one of the more underrated drives on the market, everyone is always talking about OCZ and Intel but this drive benches pretty well and you can find it pretty cheap.

How much space will Windows 7 SP1 64-bit take? I'm wondering if this is enough for the OS and some programs. Thanks.

My Windows x64 folder on my Velociraptor is 13.9GB. How much useable space will this 64Gb SSD actually have? I may bite on this one and sell my Raptor drive as it's way too loud and annoying.

Rebate Nazis? (btw no apostrophe after the i ... grammar Nazi :D) My big gripe is the "Oh I have to pay tax, even though I live in a state that has a sales tax.. .WAaaaaaa" Nazis ;)

How much space will Windows 7 SP1 64-bit take? I'm wondering if this is enough for the OS and some programs. Thanks.

I got Win7 64 pro down to 11gb disabling sleep and system restore, moving page file to hard drive, and I forget what else... if this is for a desktop I would definitely say go for it and use a HDD for non essentials. If it is for a laptop, personally I said go for it anyway and put a 64gb SSD and use a 32gb SDHC for non program files.

I got Win7 64 pro down to 11gb disabling sleep and system restore, moving page file to hard drive, and I forget what else... if this is for a desktop I would definitely say go for it and use a HDD for non essentials. If it is for a laptop, personally I said go for it anyway and put a 64gb SSD and use a 32gb SDHC for non program files.

Ok I got myself my first SSD for my desktop. Not too expensive and see how it goes. This should last me till next year when X68 comes out and hopefuy SSDs are cheaper. I also got myself another WD Black for Raid 5.

Thanks for posting this.

OK, their stupid site is going bonkers, it keeps showing in stock then OOS when I add one or two of them into the cart. Very annoying.

EDIT: shows OOS now. Crap.

Back