King's Quest Reboot

Looks like Dragon's Lair or Space Quest but the environments are intractable.

Sweet, now if only they would re-make Ultima III: Exodus, I loved that game on my C64

I grew up with KQ, but this looks kind of like Brothers... with only one of the brothers. Won't hold my breath but I hope it's good!

Same here grew up with the original KQs/etc. Was just reading the what game series should they remake thread and i thought about KQ. I am excited for this game.

why does it look like a cartoon?

King Quest has always looked kinda like a cartoon as it is meant to tell a Fairy Tale of sorts, so it is properly fitting for this to be cell shaded or look almost like cell shaded.

I hated the original Kings Quest but the graphics in this look rather low polygon.

This looks fun but maybe too much dialogue looks old school and interesting enough

I was a big fan of the originals so had to try this when I first heard about it. It's interesting how they have old King Graham (voiced by Christopher Lloyd) telling stories of his youth. Each episode is almost a reboot/reimagining of the original games.

The early episodes mostly play like most Telltale games. There are a few more options to go around things which was a nice improvement I thought. Episode 2 was stressful trying to balance keeping friends alive while figuring out what to do. Around episode 3 on I feel like they were running out of money. It gets more linear with more straight up puzzles, not a good example but Myst-ish like puzzles. I'm glad I played it and it gets cheap enough around Steam sales to recommend it to most.

I'm a big fan of the King's Quest series, but I hated this reboot. Honestly, it feels nothing like the original games, and much more like Telltale games.

If they did Quest for Glory instead, id be all over this

I always liked QFG better too. Still play them once in a while. Did you know the Coles are working on a new game? It's called Hero U in the style of the QFG games.

Back