Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (remaster)

Against my better judgement, I bought the remaster and tried it out. It's not terrible - some stuff like higher res textures do look quite a lot nicer and looks MUCH better in person than watching a Youtube video. However, the one thing I could not stand was that the performance was surprisingly shitty around the small towns/villages/cities. For example, the very first little settlement you run into (Gorhart) would drop my FPS to the upper 50s. By comparison, the original version is 120+. The visual difference doesn't even come close to accounting for such 50% or greater performance loss.

The game definitely needs patches. The performance is pretty poor, I've had a few crashes and visual bugs too (armour or weapon asset not loading after a save load). Nothing game breaking but disappointing for sure.

The game definitely needs patches. The performance is pretty poor, I've had a few crashes and visual bugs too (armour or weapon asset not loading after a save load). Nothing game breaking but disappointing for sure.

I also noticed a lot of microstutters as I ran around. Like you said, nothing gamebreaking, but really disappointing to see as many steps back as steps forward.

FWIW I still really like KoA:R a lot. It didn't do anything revolutionary, but it took all the tropes of the action RPG genre and mixed them with a really well-written lore and story, superb voice acting and an EXCELLENT soundtrack. Mix it with a simple but fun combat system and IMO it's addictive fun. I would still recommend Re:Reckoning to someone who doesn't own the original release, but ONLY if they patch some of these issues.

Game is completely broken for me at the moment, can't play until they patch. The devs changed the loot system so that items stay on the ground forever and don't disappear (I imagine this is so people don't accidentally not loot quest items and lose them). The downfall is that there is a MAX number of items on the ground in the game at one time - and once you reach this point, every enemy you kill will despawn and not give loot or XP from there on out. Completely broke the game for me.

Game is completely broken for me at the moment, can't play until they patch. The devs changed the loot system so that items stay on the ground forever and don't disappear (I imagine this is so people don't accidentally not loot quest items and lose them). The downfall is that there is a MAX number of items on the ground in the game at one time - and once you reach this point, every enemy you kill will despawn and not give loot or XP from there on out. Completely broke the game for me.

Yikes - Luckily I'm a loot hoarder so haven't experienced this yet. But only a matter of time I imagine. Hopefully they will patch it soon.

FYI, the author of the KOAR save editor has released a beta version for Re-reckoning. It's still very limited but you can increase your maximum inventory capacity with no issue. I have 999 capacity now.

You can grab it from discord here: https://discord.com/channels/690214943592546429/691426987306123310/754205957252317214

Yikes - Luckily I'm a loot hoarder so haven't experienced this yet. But only a matter of time I imagine. Hopefully they will patch it soon.

FYI, the author of the KOAR save editor has released a beta version for Re-reckoning. It's still very limited but you can increase your maximum inventory capacity with no issue. I have 999 capacity now.

You can grab it from discord here: https://discord.com/channels/690214943592546429/691426987306123310/754205957252317214

I looted most items but there are a lot of "junk" type items like notes, 0 value books, etc. Eventually over time if you leave enough it will apparently happen. So hopefully the patch is sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Fatesworn DLC Update

“We are in the final production stages for the Amalur Fatesworn expansion and we'd like to give another update”, the team writes. “Unfortunately, the whole project was more challenging than we initially anticipated as we had to rebuild the content creation pipeline from the ground up. Without these tools, we would not have been able to build new worlds, dungeons, items, and other core RPG elements. However, we are in the last stages of polishing and plan to wrap it up in the next couple of weeks”

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/3068634383629944423

I looted most items but there are a lot of "junk" type items like notes, 0 value books, etc. Eventually over time if you leave enough it will apparently happen. So hopefully the patch is sooner rather than later.
Anyone know if this was ever fixed?

LOL Curt Shill he should help develop another MMO maybe contribute to one in development.

Back