Kingdom Hearts I or II?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
I wish they would re-master and release both these games on PSN like they did with Beyond Good & Evil.

I remember playing part 1 and getting pretty far but never finished because I had to return the game to the Blockbuster I rented it from. I really enjoyed the story and never had a chance to play it again. Never tried part 2 but here's to hoping they get released on PSN one day.

I beat KH1 and started KH2 but never finished, need to go back someday soon. I still have my ps2 hiding in the garage with a 120gig hard drive mod. There quite a few RPG's I missed from that era I should look into.

1. 2 might have been a better game over-all, but it seemed to lack a lot of the charm and fun of the original.

My wife loved those games, she is all about the Disney. I never finished 2, while I enjoyed what I played of it, I can't quite recall what took me away from it.

If I was to play it today, I would really want a 4:3 CRT HDTV to play it on. It's too bad it wasn't one of the later games to support widescreen on the PS2. I would be all over an HD re-release for sure.

I prefer KH2 because I haven't played it yet, thus am not annoyed by it's shallow characters and weak story line, horribly finicky/clunky camera and battle system... I did hear they improved on that last point though, so I might actually like it better if I ever get around to playing it (I own both, they were gifts)

I've never played either, but I honestly thought those were kids games. Like, seriously kids games. Shows how much I know about console games. :p

I've never played either, but I honestly thought those were kids games. Like, seriously kids games. Shows how much I know about console games. :p

i seriously sat down and tried to play through the first one a few different times. i really wanted to like it and see what the big fuss was about, but i could not enjoy it because it felt a little TOO much like a kids game. don't get me wrong, i'm all about being young and enjoying child like things till the day you die, but i couldn't do it with this game.

i seriously sat down and tried to play through the first one a few different times. i really wanted to like it and see what the big fuss was about, but i could not enjoy it because it felt a little TOO much like a kids game. don't get me wrong, i'm all about being young and enjoying child like things till the day you die, but i couldn't do it with this game.

KH1 starts out a little kiddy, but it gets a fair bit darker as the story wears on.

KH1 starts out a little kiddy, but it gets a fair bit darker as the story wears on.

Yeah. The writing is iffy at times and some of the worlds are really stupid but overall the game has a nice little charm to it and the story delves into darker spots than you'd think for Disney characters.

Tough choice. I enjoyed the simplicity of the first one, in terms of its approachable nature. It was a little kiddy to start off with, but as it went on it got a little darker. Two on the other hand, really took it in a another direction of darkness, and the complexity of the story as Organization XIII came into it was really good. The biggest issue I have with 2, is that the final mix never got released in English, so a lot o the extra story that could help clarify things got neglected for English audiences. Add to that you had to play the DS and PSP games along with Chain of Memories to completely understand what was going on.

Tough call. I just wish they would announce KH3 at this point.

SPOLIERS BELOW:
Anyone know what becomes of Ventus or Aqua after everything goes down? Terra is pretty obvious. Aqua they left in the realm of darkness with Ansem the Wise. Venus is left in the Chamber of Wakening in Castle Oblivion. Has there been any more information on this or hints that it would be concluded in future installments?

I beat KH1 and started KH2 but never finished, need to go back someday soon. I still have my ps2 hiding in the garage with a 120gig hard drive mod. There quite a few RPG's I missed from that era I should look into.
Same here, I've got about a 100 games still on my ps2 hard drive I haven't played yet. Haven't decided if it's worth it digging the ps2 out to play them.

Kh1 cuz I got to whoop sephiroth. :D

KH2 still has Sephiroth. And he's a very hard optional boss.

SPOLIERS BELOW:
Anyone know what becomes of Ventus or Aqua after everything goes down? Terra is pretty obvious. Aqua they left in the realm of darkness with Ansem the Wise. Venus is left in the Chamber of Wakening in Castle Oblivion. Has there been any more information on this or hints that it would be concluded in future installments?

MORE SPOLIERS BELOW:
Ventus, Aqua and Terra are expect to return in KH3. Sora will still be playable main character (supposedly). KH Re: Coded on the DS takes place after KH2. Mickey knows the location for Aqua and Ventus. With Master Xehanort (normal KH BBS version) return, Mickey fears Sora will need all of their help.

So I have been watching a play through of KHII and I swear the game is 70% cutscenes. I know the first had a lot, but I sure don't remember it being this much.

So I have been watching a play through of KHII and I swear the game is 70% cutscenes. I know the first had a lot, but I sure don't remember it being this much.

KHII took a much different approach to the game, but assuming you're watching a playthrough that starts at the beginning then yes, there are a LOT of cutscenes there. The cutscenes thin out eventually, and you get more time to play the game on your own without being interrupted by them. The first area you get to play in seemed like every time you transitioned to a new area there would be a cutscene; Maybe 15 seconds long, maybe 5 minutes lol.

Both games are good, but I was just never able to get into KH2 like I did with KH1. I'm replaying KH2 now, giving it another chance, and hopefully I'll be able to finish it this time.

The story and characters were better in the first one. The 2nd had nicer combat effects and such, but the plot felt like it was full of leftover characters and movies.
The first game is one of my all-time favorites.

I was seriously into the second one. Overall I found it a fair bit easier, even on the same difficulty settings. I was never able to beat KH1 though, last boss was just too tough for a kid of my skill level. I just enjoyed the storyline of the second one, and found the gameplay more in depth (story and mechanics). Just talking about it makes me want to play them both again...Actually, I think I will :)

Back