Kingdom Come: Deliverance

No way are you guys fluid in combat with a mouse. It's too finicky(the combat wheel).
I'm getting ripped up just on this tournament I found early on.

Combat isn’t janky, it is just completely different from what you are used too. You can spend all the time you want practicing in the training arena just outside the primary castle once the prologue is done.

I used mouse and keyboard no problem, but I got addicted and made sureI learned how to fight.

I used mouse and keyboard no problem, but I got addicted and made sure I learned how to fight.

it's always annoying when I hear people say how kb/m is unplayable for certain games...no it isn't...you just need to learn to remap keys and practice...I played through all the Dark Souls/Sekiro games on PC using kb/m and it was flawless (and I'm really good as well)

Last edited:
it's always annoying when I hear people say how kb/m is unplayable for certain games...no it isn't...you just need to remap keys and practice...I played through all the Dark Souls/Sekiro games on PC using kb/m and it was flawless (and I'm really good as well)
Dark Souls is easy on KB/Mouse, that's why.

1581823801941.png

Dark Souls is easy on KB/Mouse, that's why.

not according to most of the people who played the game...the only time kb/m is 'unplayable' is if a developer locks you out from remapping some/most of the keys...I haven't played KC: Deliverance yet but I'm sure it'll be fine...if not you would see tons more people complaining

Can't agree more! Well said!

saying that just because you are not able to play with kb/m effectively that everyone else is either lying or mistaken is a different topic...you should have just stated that you personally find playing with kb/m difficult in this game

saying that just because you are not able to play with kb/m effectively that everyone else is either lying or mistaken is a different topic...you should have just stated that you personally find playing with kb/m difficult in this game
Did she leave you or something? What's the issue here tonight?
If you want an argument, message me in private.

Don't expect people to turn another way when you say shit like "it's always annoying when I hear people say how kb/m is unplayable for certain games...no it isn't...you just need to learn to remap keys and practice "...

First off, nobody including myself said anything about this game being unplayable on a mouse&KB. Period. If you can't correctly read my posts, or the person below me, that's on you.

Last edited:
I think it's not that it can't be done...

it's that its no fun struggling with it

games supposed to be fun yo

To be honest using the mouse for combos requires precise directions kind of sucks. There’s a time delay required from one movement to the next and if your mouse skips you kind of blow the move set. So I pretty much don’t bother with them. I imagine it’s a lot easier with a gamepad where are you just thumb One Direction to the next.

Combat sucks at lower levels, the directional thing is awful IMO but it doesn't matter because it's only useful for combos which are counterproductive since they leave open to unblockable counter attacks that are completely OP. If they're going to have weapon stances it should affect your attack and defense chances in relation to your opponents stance since that's the reason for them IRL.

Once you level up a weapon skill it becomes much easier to go toe to toe but by then you should have the OP counter skill which is quicker and much more reliable. I went through all the tourneys losing only one round that involved a weapon I hadn't trained at all so it's not a matter of gettin' gud I just think the combat controls are bad and the counters make it completely unbalanced.

That said I really liked the game, they tried a lot of new ideas and some of them didn't work IMO but others did and the devs should be commended for trying new things instead of just copying other games like most do.

Is it any better with a xbox controller?

I've played the game twice through now, both times with a controller, and never had an issue with them. I'm guessing the combat was built with consoles/controllers in mind. The combat is stiff, for sure, but it's not difficult.

One exception is arrows. I know that they are trying to simulate not knowing how to use a bow, but it's a really annoying system. There are mods to fix that.

Last edited:
I have the game for both Xbox X and PC. I found the KB/mouse much easier than with controller, there is something off with the controller, like it has some lag/delay.

That being said, I completed the game with both and neither kept me from getting good at the combat.

Keep in mind also, that the game is set up in a way that you are weaker at the start of the game. It doesn't matter if you just beat the game and roll back around and start a new playthrough, you will suck at combat again. They are not being tongue being in cheek when they say that it is best to run away early in the game.

Of course you can just kite the enemy with a bow and take face shots, or just mash away with a war hammer if you do not want to bother.

I found it very rewarding to actually get good at combat, instead of just having to mash one button and occasionally hit block/dodge whatever. I glad they didn't go down that route. I'm sure there are mods out now for easy mode combat for folks that need it.

lol you can actually start the game fairly strongish... in the starting area you can pick herbs, all of them, get the strength perks, boost your strength, then stealth rob the guards, rob all the homes, then fight the remote guards, as long as you don't surrender and don't lose the fights... some dude did that on youtube.

lol you can actually start the game fairly strongish... in the starting area you can pick herbs, all of them, get the strength perks, boost your strength, then stealth rob the guards, rob all the homes, then fight the remote guards, as long as you don't surrender and don't lose the fights... some dude did that on youtube.

As if I would make my Henry a dishonorable thief. Seriously though in in most games I have no compunction when it games to going into every building to loot but something about KC:D made me want to be on my best behavior. I did like you said about grabbing all the herbs, but didn't get any good gear until I could start crafting at an alchemy table which I couldn't find at the start.

, they tried a lot of new ideas and some of them didn't work IMO but others did and the devs should be commended for trying new things instead of just copying other games like most do.

That is a really good point

Just passed the mission once you get a horse as a reward. I'm assuming I'm a ways off from the ending, but I will say I like seeing how my character is already going from peasant to a noticeable reputation increase. Very interested to see where my toon ends up.

Looting is hilarious fun. Although I did go on a murder spree, and thought I was in the clear, I came back to a POC on a mission and he immediately wanted to jail me because of that murder spree. Spent 17 days in the can. Not bad for killing multiple people while they were sleeping at night!

Do the same mechanics apply as in other games like RDR2? No witnesses? Or does the game just automatically place you in a bad spot throughout the world if you slip up?

I think someone escaped from my slaughter madness, so I believe that's where I was caught.

Also, is purchasing armor or weapons ever necessary? I've been looting like crazy and have found things I need so far without having to buy. Some of these swords are crazy expensive.

once you start taking out cumen camps you no longer bother with money. KCD reputation is by area. once you become "wanted" - the coinpurse next to the compass - you can't not be wanted until you leave the town for enough days for it to wear off.

My download says 66.1gb. Is it because it's downloading 3 addons also? I have hd textures, hd sounds nd hd something else. Is this because of those three things? I read patches replace older stuff, so the game should be similar size, which was supposed to be around 23gb? Why is mine 66? Plz help if cn. Thx XOXO
The base game is 53GB. With all the DLC and HD texture pack it is around 66GB, so your download size is what it should be. Where did you get the 23GB number from? It's not even that small on the consoles.

Oh you guys are naughty! Am using my brothers hotspot. He has unlimited, so I'm using all of it! It's a bit slow because only 3g when using hotspot, but its it's fine. I convinced him to keep it on during night!😁

Am at 11 gb now. Started june26, she'll be downloaded soon!

In much earlier dial up days I found a game on a BBS and worked out it would take over 2 days to download so set it going.
This was before download managers and retries were available so you either did it in one go or had to start again.
It was a royal pita cos it tied the phone up, nobody could call me and I couldnt call anyone, there was one shot at it.
Well over 2 days later I was sat at the PC eagerly awaiting its finish, just a few minutes to go...
I uncrossed my legs and my knee hit the PCs power button, bumph, PC was off.
The xxx noises that came from my room!

Things have evolved for the better in so many ways since.
For one, I can afford to buy games.
Consequently I dont swear as much ;)

Last edited:
Okay, taco turned on Henry this evening!! At first in me u it was all set to medium as default. Taco started new game. Wow!! 60fps locked!! Mayne I cn give whirl to maximum ultra once game starts!!

Oh nvm, it's in 30s now. Am cry!! Once dialogue scene started nd actual game engine rendering started, amm my dreams began to get crushed by Malaysian steamroller...

I actually began toggling bunch of stuff to ultra nd hd textures on nd it was fine, but thn crashed to bloody desktop. Am cry.

Anyways, set custom some settings nd it's mostly hi, but shadows low nd textures medium nd something else medium.

I have 6 core xeon nd it runs at 3.2 I think. Do you think it'll benefit if I overclock? CPU usage stays somewhere around 40% except sometimes goes to 100 when probably loading? Am definitely bottled by gpu 2gb vram nd nt powerful gtx960? Just wondering if cpu faster actually helps performance or just helps load fastr

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
    • Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 70 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Integrated
    • Additional Notes: SSD recommended
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
    • Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1060, AMD GPU Radeon RX 580
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 90 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Creative SOUND BLASTER Zx
    • Additional Notes: SSD recommended

© 2018 Warhorse Studios s.r.o., Kingdom Come: Deliverance® is a trademark of Warhorse Studios s.r.o. All rights reserved.

System requirements from Steam's page...Could be the amount of memory on your GPU.

this game can hammer on a system, I'm convinced its the lighting and realtime sun/moon movement, the shadows are always slightly moving.

Okay, taco turned on Henry this evening!! At first in me u it was all set to medium as default. Taco started new game. Wow!! 60fps locked!! Mayne I cn give whirl to maximum ultra once game starts!!

Oh nvm, it's in 30s now. Am cry!! Once dialogue scene started nd actual game engine rendering started, amm my dreams began to get crushed by Malaysian steamroller...

I actually began toggling bunch of stuff to ultra nd hd textures on nd it was fine, but thn crashed to bloody desktop. Am cry.

Anyways, set custom some settings nd it's mostly hi, but shadows low nd textures medium nd something else medium.

I have 6 core xeon nd it runs at 3.2 I think. Do you think it'll benefit if I overclock? CPU usage stays somewhere around 40% except sometimes goes to 100 when probably loading? Am definitely bottled by gpu 2gb vram nd nt powerful gtx960? Just wondering if cpu faster actually helps performance or just helps load fastr
It is definitely your video card holding you back. Trying to run with the HD textures is most likely exceeding the VRAM capacity on the card which could cause the CTD.

What is the exact model of your CPU?

8yes yes thank you!! Taco tried HD textures nd it was stu s st stutt tering badly, so taco turned them off right away. I was able to achieve somewhat avout 30fps movements with hi-medium-lo custom setting.

CPU is x5670 6c12t running at defaults 3.2. Taco was thi king maybe try 4.2overclock nd see if anything gets smoocher but most likely not much change will be because 9nly 2gb vram.

Either way, she's like auxiliary power in D6 in metro. Little bit power nd it works!! Thank you!!

Xoxo
Oof. That is a Westmere CPU, which is one generation under the minimum requirement. I don't know if an overclock will help you out much, but you can try. Just be careful with the voltage if you go that route.

Oof. That is a Westmere CPU, which is one generation under the minimum requirement. I don't know if an overclock will help you out much, but you can try. Just be careful with the voltage if you go that route.

I haven't tried to play this game on ultra low settings, but under normal conditions, it's quite the power hungry hippo. Maxing all settings drag performance for me, and my system is no slouch.

Too bad this game has horrible graphics

Turned on OSD for FPS. Using the Ray Trace Global Illumination shader where the settings FPS hit is around 50FPS. OK course you can adjust it for less FPS hit.

Anyway with mods the game can run good but it is a crap shoot without mods.

I use mods I put together for visuals of higher than ultra settings with good FPS.

Download- I separated some mods so not to be confusing with people unfamiliar with KDC mods,with custom clothing textures and a way to edit the armor stats in a read me. If you just want the FPS increase only, you will lose the ability to change weather,time etc on the fly.
Download

Extract files to and for FPS increase only keep folders below: - Steam\steamapps\Common\KingdomComeDeliverance
Data
Engine
Mods- delete all but FlowgraphHook,Optimized_Graphic_Presets for FPS only(the graphics preset is just basic edition without the bells and whistles)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nenu
like this
Too bad this game has horrible graphics

Turned on OSD for FPS. Using the Ray Trace Global Illumination shader where the settings FPS hit is around 50FPS. OK course you can adjust it for less FPS hit.

Anyway with mods the game can run good but it is a crap shoot without mods.

I use mods I put together for visuals of higher than ultra settings with good FPS.

Download- I separated some mods so not to be confusing with people unfamiliar with KDC mods,with custom clothing textures and a way to edit the armor stats in a read me. If you just want the FPS increase only, you will lose the ability to change weather,time etc on the fly.
Download

Extract files to and for FPS increase only keep folders below: - Steam\steamapps\Common\KingdomComeDeliverance
Data
Engine
Mods- delete all but FlowgraphHook,Optimized_Graphic_Presets for FPS only(the graphics preset is just basic edition without the bells and whistles)

Thanks for posting this.
I bought KDC at first release and only put around 20hrs in before other life took over so really want to start again.
Your kit of bits looks ideal but I cant follow the last paragraph.
Can you spell it out a little clearer for us poor sighted mortals please?

Also when I try to download the 7Z, the link takes me inside it, showing the folders.
I cant see a way to download the 7Z file.

Thanks for posting this.
I bought KDC at first release and only put around 20hrs in before other life took over so really want to start again.
Your kit of bits looks ideal but I cant follow the last paragraph.
Can you spell it out a little clearer for us poor sighted mortals please?

Also when I try to download the 7Z, the link takes me inside it, showing the folders.
I cant see a way to download the 7Z file.

Right click, save link/target as...

Back