Weather-Shadow-FPS2.gif
    763 KB · Views: 181
  • Weather-Shadow-FPS3.gif
    Weather-Shadow-FPS3.gif
    973.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Tomorrow. I wonder what they are going to change in the regular game, if anything.

Patch 1.8.1

Patch 1.8.1 is now live. We are truly grateful for our community and the ongoing feedback we have received from you all. We will continue to improve the game and give our fans the best experience that we possibly can.

Thank you for your support and be sure to check back here for regular updates and news.

The Warhorse Studios Team

– New features –

• New better overlays which explain content and technical specification for launching content of each DLC
  • Added new item in menu concerning all DLCs and their overlays
  • Added lamps and other lights in taverns make it easier to see dice at night in dice minigame
  • If player is overloaded and can’t mount a horse, a notice to that effect is displayed
  • In some inns, player can find a caste of gamblers, who have special dice and more money to lose
  • Notification about reputation (gained or lost) is now displayed in top left corner of screen with regard to influence of quest or dialogue situations
  • Added bell toll sound in Pribyslavitz
  • Fixed an issue that caused Hans Capon to get stuck after The Prey quest.

– Quest bugs fixed –

• Fixed issue of missing pitcher sometimes making it impossible to complete Next to Godliness quest
  • Fixed missing instruction during Bernard’s master-strike training
  • Fixed dialogue with Margaret in Hare Hunt now allows completing objective
  • Fixed issue that sometimes caused master-strike training to end instantly
  • Chest in Rattay in The Queen of Sheba’s Sword quest can now be opened
  • Fixed quest markers in Fight Club in Skalitz
  • Fixed issue of Captain Bernard and Hans Capon sometimes getting stuck on horses during quest Robber Baron
  • Fixed rare issue that made escape from Vranik impossible
  • Fixed rare issue that cutscene didn’t launch after killing Runt, preventing further progress in quest
  • Marker added in Epilogue quest to help player find Hans Capon
  • Hans Capon no longer returns to Rattay after arriving at his camp in Epilogue
  • Fixed missing UI prompts in dialogue with Circator John
  • Fixed wrong weather during battle in quest Cold Steel, Hot Blood
  • Fixed issue of inability to finish At your Service, My Lady quest due to crime in archery competition
  • Fixed issue of inability to complete Playing with the Devil quest after beating woodcutter unconscious
  • Fixed dialogue after cutscene with villagers in Miracles While You Wait quest now starts when player is outside
  • Fixed redundant marker without description during A Rainy Day quest

– Other bugs fixed –

• Fixed issues which sometimes caused game crash after load
  • Animation of woman getting up from seated position is improved
  • Innkeepers now more often throw player out of a bed he hasn’t paid for
  • Fast travel is accessible even with bow armed
  • Fixed some issues with clipping hoods in clothing system
  • Fixed issue that sometimes prevented player from entering dice game
  • Bushes now have proper sounds when collided with
  • Fixed master-strike issue that prevented player from completing training with Bernard
  • Fixed issue that caused player to be unable to dismount horse after riding on auto-guide
  • Fixed issue of occasional slow loading of game during Tournament
  • NPCs no longer collide with outhouses when using them
  • Street traders now properly call out and gesticulate
  • Fixed some issues of guards attacking player due to crime even after paying a fine
  • Fixed flickering torch during sprint or horse riding
  • Fixed issue that sometimes allowed player to use free attacks even when locked to an opponent
  • Fixed issue of price pointer moving out of screen during haggling
  • Horse reins no longer glitching when horses are grazing
  • Fixed stuttering vegetation animations
  • Fixed issue of item unequipped for repair showing as equipped in player stats – a cosmetic issue in UI that did not affect in-game stats

– From the Ashes DLC –

• Sir Divish no longer undressed in final cutscene if player invited him to Pribyslavitz while he slept
  • All NPCs in Pribyslavitz now have a place to sleep
  • Fixed behaviour of Innkeeper causing unnatural movement
  • issue of upgraded blacksmith unable to repair heavily damaged weapons or armor
  • Musk of Infinite Allure no longer persists in player inventory after handing over to Capon
  • Fixed issue of bonuses for Fritz and Matthew persisting in ledger in Pribyslavitz after killing them

– The Amorous Adventures DLC –

• Fixed issue that triggered an infinite fader after picking up Sir Hans Capon at castle
  • Fixed issue of missing facial animation due to distance in the balcony scene.
  • When player learns how to read after being sent by Hans Capon, a new objective is added afterwards to direct him back to Capon
  • After player has successfully fled from Sir Anselm, he now stops pursuing the player and it is possible to interact with him during quest
  • Fixed issue of player facing away from opponent at start of duel after dice game
  • It is no longer possible to call your horse inside secret tunnel and get stuck when mounting it
  • Guards can now properly navigate to secret tunnel when they have heard Henry
  • Fixed issue of player facing in a different direction after cutscene upon entering camp
  • Fixed issue in journal of objective to bury Lev’s remains still being active after selling bones to Charlatan
  • After completing quest, trespass area near the revenant’s grave now disappears
  • Fixed persisting second objective after learning wild animal calls
  • Fixed issue of pressing Esc not canceling coloring water with fake blood
  • Trigger area for burying Lev’s remains is extended
  • Redundant objective to talk to Charlatan is removed
  • Fixed issue of objective "Go and see the Charlatan in the morning” duplicated in journal
  • After failing quest it is no longer possible to ask Charlatan “How is the haunting going?”
  • After successfully completing rotten food objective, butcher shop is now closed
  • If player was jailed for killing brave guys, Charlatan is still angry that he did it
  • Fixed issue of Charlatan's recipe fable appearing too soon in quest log
  • Fixed quest logic so that if brave guys flee from combat to the village, they report the player’s crime and the quest is failed
  • Fixed issue making it impossible to continue after player kills brave guys
  • Fixed issue of persisting “Provoke Fearless Felix” objective after player has killed brave guys

– Tournament DLC –

• Fixed infinite fader that sometimes occurred before third opponent in Tournament
  • Tournament will no longer fail because of low reputation with NPCs or guards who remember player’s old crimes
  • Redefined dialogue with Tourney Master in Rattay, so the player is better informed about Tournament availability
  • Fixed rare issue of player being teleported from arena during tournament
  • Fixed issue of Tournament not starting after accepting quest from Sir Hans or Blacksmith
  • Combatants no longer running from arena and teleporting back when practicing
  • During combat, chickens no longer walk around in arena
  • Pruda no longer comes to tournament undressed
  • Fixed issue of missing visual effect of lowered visor with new tournament helmets
  • Added new autosave after player wins combat with Black Peter in arena
  • Fixed issue that during Black Peter’s ambush he hasn’t a poisoned sword
  • Fixed issue of tourney master missing calling animations

Man, saw this game on sale on GoG and really wanted to grab it. Still need a new computer tho, so... lol damnit!

I finally started playing this. Fascinating game, very different from everything else. I find myself resisting the urge to min-max. Many of the methods in videos are now obsolete. But you can still collect tons of stuff and money :)

I can see why people want to ultra-hardcore the game

Yea, I actually did get a gpu upgrade, thanks for pointing that out! I'll update my sig. Sadly though still have my athlon X4 holding me back >_<
You can get a cheap Ryzen system.

$70 motherboard.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157843

$90 CPU. I would spring for a 6 core though.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113446

Slap a couple of sticks of DDR4 3200 into it. You can choose slower speeds, but the processors scale well off memory speed.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007611 601190328

If you look on EBAY you might find a used mining motherboard, memory, etc for cheap.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You can get a cheap Ryzen system.

$70 motherboard.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157843

$90 CPU. I would spring for a 6 core though.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113446

Slap a couple of sticks of DDR4 3200 into it. You can choose slower speeds, but the processors scale well off memory speed.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007611 601190328

If you look on EBAY you might find a used mining motherboard, memory, etc for cheap.
You're not wrong, cagey, and i've gone down this path before.. my trouble is always in the "i could spring for..."

Before i know it i'm at another $500 build lol Just can't justify it until i get some debt taken care of. C'est la vie

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You're not wrong, cagey, and i've gone down this path before.. my trouble is always in the "i could spring for..."

Before i know it i'm at another $500 build lol Just can't justify it until i get some debt taken care of. C'est la vie

Been there done that! What I learned to do is to take things slow and do it right the first time. If it takes a little bit longer, it will be so much more sweeter in the end!

:)

Doesn't the game support your CPU? If it runs at a lower frame rate who cares. Upgrade when you can. :)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
    • Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 40 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Integrated

Does the combat still revolve around wildly-flailing around like a moron?
I tried the game at release and the combat is such shit that I just couldn't get into the game.

Does the combat still revolve around wildly-flailing around like a moron?
I tried the game at release and the combat is such shit that I just couldn't get into the game.

The combat requires you to learn how to fight, the beginning of the game you're not supposed to know you're just a blacksmiths son. You become a proper fighter around half way through, but you can handle yourself pretty well once you get some training in Rattay.

CPU System Requirements mean nothing...I'm still rocking a 6-core i7 980X from 2010 and it runs fine in any new game...the GPU is the main part of any game...

*Tries to stay positive...*

I'm not ready to call this a bad thing. KC:D was hands down my favorite game of 2018, and one of my favorite games period. I'm eager for more, and I can't imagine THQ Nordic not wanting to turn it into a franchise. With a bigger budget and some polish, KC:D has potential to become THQ's Elder Scrolls or Witcher. Hopefully THQ lets Warehorse stay true to what made the first game great while giving them the resources to fix what held it back.

This sucks. Say goodbye to fun like partying with Fr. Goodwin and hello to the stronk wahmens.

Dunno, today investors read about GTA5 making 5 billion dollars so they ask how is your company going to get a slice of that? And if there is no satisfactory answer then there is no funding. Which leaves us stuck with either monetized bullshit or publishers that do essentially asset flips year after year (far cry, call of duty, assassins creed, etc) while at the same time shutting down the game studios that created the IPs.

Fechtbuch is worth a watch, if only to recognize the moves WH was able to work into the combat system. The BoB DLC was short but worthwhile if you're still into the game. It seems that they working through their roadmap, with only 'Combat Academy' and 'A Woman's Lot' left.

Lol at THQ having to bow and scrape after running an AMA on 8chan.

I want realistic magic in this game the only game to pull it off is this one.

I should mention that Kickstarter backers get A Woman's Lot DLC included for free, so be sure to check your pledge on their fulfillment site if its not showing up! Note that (at least for those baseline pledges) the other expansion style DLCs (ie Band of Bastards, From the Ashes, Sir Hans Capon etc) are NOT included for free which is a little odd, but if they had to pick one to offer to backers they picked the largest and most expensive expansion!

I should mention that Kickstarter backers get A Woman's Lot DLC included for free, so be sure to check your pledge on their fulfillment site if its not showing up! Note that (at least for those baseline pledges) the other expansion style DLCs (ie Band of Bastards, From the Ashes, Sir Hans Capon etc) are NOT included for free which is a little odd, but if they had to pick one to offer to backers they picked the largest and most expensive expansion!

The reason it is free for KS backers is because a female playable character and a dog companion were both stretch goals that were met during the campaign.

The reason it is free for KS backers is because a female playable character and a dog companion were both stretch goals that were met during the campaign.

Ahh that's right; makes sense. I wonder, looking back they discussed an "Act 2" and "Act 3" , which were included in the higher pledges. I interpreted these to be full on sequels or stand-alone expansions (possibly with import from the previous game), not the existing DLC for Act 1. Anyone hear word of Act 2 in development?

so which is the best DLC?...is there a Witcher 3 Wild Hunt type of expansion in this?

they are supposed to bring out a complete package, maybe this month or next if not. just pick that up. oh.... royal edition is out already....

Back