Kingdom Come: Deliverance

..they'll also most likely add an official manual Save feature by then

Hopefully not, all they need to do is drop the price of the schnapps. Having it cost 100+ from the git go is crappy. Even though you get 4 for free within the first couple of hours.

Hopefully not, all they need to do is drop the price of the schnapps. Having it cost 100+ from the git go is crappy. Even though you get 4 for free within the first couple of hours.

that would work as well...I like the lack of a Save feature in theory but it can also get frustrating if you're out exploring and don't have a bed to sleep in or those schnapps in your inventory...

I spent an hour walking around almost dead getting back to certain place at the beginning of the game. If I didn't install the save mod I would have gone ape shit dying just getting to the cut scene. With that said I am really enjoying it. It's probably a little of that new car smell but so far it has a refreshing feel to it.
I'm happy to see a good alternative to Bethesda open world games. We need more games like this. And yes I know Witcher is a great alternative to Bethesda but we need more.

Played for a little over an hour today, and having a good time so far. Haven't run into any strange glitches yet and it runs at a solid 80-100fps on my 1080 with a mixture of high, very high, and ultra settings @ 1080P. No complaints!

Devs just announced that they plan to change lockpicking, allow people to set AA mode, and implement a save and quit feature. Among other features they're not talking about yet. Nice to see them responding fact to complaints. Hopefully that means good things when it comes to other fixes in the future. If I wasn't going on vacation away from my gaming computer (not even going to try it on my laptop) I'd consider it picking it up. But too many other things are coming out right after I get back so seems like it'll be a good summer game.

This looks really good. I will give it a month or two and see how optimizations are (i5-2500k and 280x).
If they don't improve I will until I upgrade next year and the game is all patched and DLC content is added.
Your 280X may be held back by your 2500K here. Look at how gamegpu shows the 8 thread CPUs performing well. FX 8350 beating 2500K and FX 9590 beating 2600K is interesting to see.

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/kingdom-come-deliverance-test-gpu-cpu

How does the combat crosshair work with a controller? When I did the training it told me to hit the left and right bumpers not sure if there is advanced combat later on?

Hopefully this will be fixed before I play
i dont get what the gripe is with those two features. i think the saving is fine. havent lost more than 15mins of progress in 13 hrs played. the lockpicking is fiddly but doable as well. as you rank up your skills it becomes easier too.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-console-commands/

Restore crosshair for bow with the console code. (Yes, this was a stupid choice at default)

I'm really impressed with this game overall and these devs. For me this is easily going to have the Dark Horse of the Year crown. It's this game's to lose but I think it's also going to be Cinderella story for Warhorse Studios.

It's only going to get better from here on out, too. :)

Well I just lost 4 hours to a crash, combine that with sub 40 fps on a Vega 56 at 1080p medium settings I'm uninstalling, I'll come back to it next year when it actually works.

Well I just lost 4 hours to a crash, combine that with sub 40 fps on a Vega 56 at 1080p medium settings I'm uninstalling, I'll come back to it next year when it actually works.

Something is wrong on your end. I'm getting high 30s to low 40s on a GTX 970 with mostly ultra high settings and a couple lowered (shadows, etc) at 1080p.

Has anyone tested with hyperthreading on/off? That review shows usage will spread to all available cores and threads but not how much avg/min frames are impacted.

Let us know what's wrong with your computer.

goaMfjj.jpg

Has anyone tested with hyperthreading on/off? That review shows usage will spread to all available cores and threads but not how much avg/min frames are impacted.
Well check out 2500K vs 2600K. 2500K is humbled in this game. Losing to even stock FX 8350.

VnGDHqO.jpg

Let us know what's wrong with your computer.

That crap is literally fantasy and doesn't match anyone elses numbers that I've seen. I have a stock 1800X, most Ryzen chips at 4.0ghz are getting around 75fps average with a 1080ti on the very high preset, not even maxed out. When I was in the part with the heavy rain I was getting 35-40fps, I turned everything to medium and put the physics on low and got it up to around 50. But of course, it crashed after that so I have no desire to re-do several hours worth of stuff right now.

Running 1440p all very high settings w/ ultra textures I get anywhere from 50-60 FPS on my 5820k / 1080ti system - It drops to the 30's during cut scenes, but i'm fine with that since it's just a cut scene / dialog.

I'm generally happy with the performance given how old a 5820k is now.

the more I read about this game the more I'm impressed...bugs aside (which I'm sure will get fixed) this sounds like my type of game...challenging, steep learning curve, gorgeous graphics, semi open world...will be picking this up once another major patch or 2 is released...I've said it many time before but I'll never understand why more games don't use CryEngine...best engine in terms of eye candy

The game is really challenging.. I've spent a good 4 hours just trying to steal a stupid ring from a guy and he keeps waking up while I try to steal it.

For those with problems getting Steam games to start without crashing:

My Steam games folder is placed on another drive so shouldnt need admin privileges.
But since steam updated this month I have lost the ability to play a lot of my games, they crash when starting.

I found that running steam first then manually running KingdomCome.exe as admin works. (I created a shortcut with run as admin ticked)
I tried this with other games and it didnt work for them, they still crash when starting to load.
For now I'm happy, I hope they fix it soon.
They havent answered my request for help yet.

This is a really engaging game, love it.
It looks sweet.
At 1080p with a 1080ti and 6700K @ 4.6GHz I have maxed everything including the LOD and distance sliders.
Occasionally there is an fps dip but it nearly all the time sits at 60fps.
Although I'm not in the outside world at the mo so it might tank there.

Any of you all using the nexus mods for lockpicking and saves? I'm getting some odd bugs with em.

Ever since I started using those I can no longer sit, which means I can no longer sleep.

Edit: After doing a quick search it looks like other people are having this problem too. Idk if it's related to those mods but I was able to sleep before.

This is game breaking x(

Last edited:
Any of you all using the nexus mods for lockpicking and saves? I'm getting some odd bugs with em.
Saves, yes.

"Game Saved" stays on screen sometimes after I save. I need to exit out of game and reopen for it to go away.

The game is much more Witcher and gothic than anything close Bethesda games. It's indie following much more closely to those games than a AAA game. It's different but a lot of fun. It's definitely old school which I'm falling in love with.

So far I'm digging the game. It's got that Polish style (eastern Europe maybe?) feel I liked from the Whitcher games Not to many performance issues. I don't have much to compare CryEngine to so I don't know if it the engine or the game. I was running everything at Ultra @1080p however I noticed that when things got dark or I got into dark room in a town my frame rate would drop from ~75 fps to ~42. The only thing that fixed it was changing the lighting from Ultra to very high. Not sure if it's a bug or just crazy demanding in dark lighting areas. However I haven't seen a drop below 60 fps after I changed it.

I also noticed that disabling vsync or frame rate dropped below 60 which messes up vsync, even when limiting the frames to say 30fps (just testing stuff) my main working CPU core would jump to 100% usage which is odd.

Still only around 5 hours in, so performance could change. No crashes to report though, no stuttering.

I'm running a 8700k 5Ghz, 16gb 4133 MHz ram and a 1080ti, and running off a 850 Evo SSD.

Consoles are a blurry mess if Kick Ass Cop buys all the Ampere cards for bitcoin mining everyone will be using consoles.

Still looks decent on the consoles IMO. My rig is outdated and with the bitcoin mining fucking up GPU prices it makes more sense for me to pick it up on PS4 Pro. So fucking tempting.. also after a few shots of hard liquor and a phat bowl I probably won't care about the graphic differences and the $1000 it'll cost me to get better graphics. :D

I suggest people don't install any mods that make lockpicking easier. If you do it will ruin the balance already in the game where you have to skill it up.

I've found it actually is pretty easy - You've just got to keep re-trying the lockpick until the sweet spot is more in the center of the circle. By doing this you don't have to move your mouse as much to keep the sweet spot on.

I suggest people don't install any mods that make lockpicking easier. If you do it will ruin the balance already in the game where you have to skill it up.

I've found it actually is pretty easy - You've just got to keep re-trying the lockpick until the sweet spot is more in the center of the circle. By doing this you don't have to move your mouse as much to keep the sweet spot on.

Pretty much this. It just gets easier and easier, once you level that skill just a little you get a perk that makes picks more robust.

It would be one thing if the mod just maxed your lockpick skill, just side stepping it all together is weak sauce.

The save function should be absolutely tweaked. They really could just drop the price of the schnapps down to like 10, and it would be perfectly fine.

Incidentally I fixed my graphics issue with a reinstall of the latest Nvidia driver.

That was the only glitch I've had, other then once in a while the game is crashing at the Cryengine screen.

I am 12 hours in and it just keeps getting better.

For the ones complaining about lack of combat training, the initial NPC that teaches sword play, literally only teacha the absolute basics. You will learn more advanced attacks and defend a couple of hours in. It is intended, because Henry is a dumb ass blacksmiths son, who is playing with swords, not Geralt of Rivia. So he doesn't know anything, the combat gets better and easier quickly as you play the game.

Best advise I have is don't just go in swinging, this is not Skyrim, square off with your opponent, constantly move and strike when there is an opening. The NPCs project their attacks, so you will see which direction they are coming from. Fighting more then one is a pain in the ass though, you need to keep both (or more) opponents in view, finding a choke point that protects your flanks makes it easier.

Or shoot back pedal/kite them and shoot them in the face with a bow.

Glad you guys are having good luck with it. My game is currently broken as I cannot sit or sleep.

I had seen on both of those mods caveats of potential bugs unfortunately. Proceed with caution. I'm only using the lockpick one and I may bail on it.

Glad you guys are having good luck with it. My game is currently broken as I cannot sit or sleep.

That sounds like the surrender bug and is supposedly fixable by going to jail. So go steal something. Or just reload the last save before it occurred.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
They really could just drop the price of the schnapps down to like 10, and it would be perfectly fine.

make your own. if you buy the ingredients its 3groschen per schnaps, if you collect the plants its free. im perfectly fine with how saving works. dont mind travelling back to the mill after a quest to save in bed. i can even automate the process of making schnaps now. or do it myself and get 3 at once. its pretty easy honestly

make your own. if you buy the ingredients its 3groschen per schnaps, if you collect the plants its free. im perfectly fine with how saving works. dont mind travelling back to the mill after a quest to save in bed. i can even automate the process of making schnaps now. or do it myself and get 3 at once. its pretty easy honestly

Yeah sure, but the alchemy process is not available until a few hours into the game. Initially you are pretty much stuck with purchasing them, at 100+. Thats the issue, and the easiest to fix while maintaining the current process. Unfortunately Warhorse will probably just add in a save as much as you like system.

I also like the save system as it is. It makes you approach stuff much more cautiously.

Back