Kingdom Come: Deliverance

LOL at alchemy guide. this is nothing like any other game

its really quite easy. i whipped up about 20 savior schnaps in an hour yesterday. thats collecting the plants and brewing it. and then you are set for a couple of days.

its really quite easy. i whipped up about 20 savior schnaps in an hour yesterday. thats collecting the plants and brewing it. and then you are set for a couple of days.
I can understand people not wanting to go through this trouble, but indeed for me there's a certain visceral reward for working towards reagents in games which I enjoy.

I can understand people not wanting to go through this trouble, but indeed for me there's a certain visceral reward for working towards reagents in games which I enjoy.
i mean, herbalism and alchemy only help you. you get more vitality and charisma from herbalism. later on you gain strength when you kneel down to pick flowers. cause its a workout. and alchemy gives you unlimited saves.

the main thing that struck me.... was that it is actual "work" with several steps and not just click a menu item and its made.

the main thing that struck me.... was that it is actual "work" with several steps and not just click a menu item and its made.

Which is awesome. The originally planned blacksmithing was going to be as involved, not just pick some items from a crafting memu and voila instant sword. I hope they are able to patch that in, or add it as a DLC or something.

having a shitty time right now. supposed to talk to a guy just north of rovna, but my reputation in this area is zero for some reason ( rovna is the burned out village between the first and second town, nothing there to do so not sure how i got a bad reputation there), so he just runs away and i cant talk to him
there isnt even a cop in the village to have myself arrested and raise the rep.

how are the missions in the game?...so much talk regarding saves, combat, bugs etc but I haven't heard much about the main/side quests

how are the missions in the game?...so much talk regarding saves, combat, bugs etc but I haven't heard much about the main/side quests

The quest/side quests/activities have been fun, unique, and well written. One of my recent ones, I laughed so many times. Others have had me smiling, are very touching, are enjoyable, and don't feel like your typical fetch quests.

Overall, excellent so far.

Dangerous game this.
Lucky it crashed just now (1:20am) or I would have happily played until 4am!
However it has crashed 3 times now and each time was hours since the last save.
A bit annoying but also a bit more fun doing other things.

Dangerous game this.
Lucky it crashed just now (1:20am) or I would have happily played until 4am!
However it has crashed 3 times now and each time was hours since the last save.
A bit annoying but also a bit more fun doing other things.
yeah, you really gotta take more naps and drink that schnaps every once in a while. also starting new quests autosaves. i had my first crash today after 20hrs played. not too shabby for a "buggy game that needs patches to be enjoyed"

Put in about 18 hours now and I feel like I'm just getting started. This game is one of the best I've ever played so far though. It really doesn't feel very janky at all on the whole. I think it's just quite a methodical kind of game, especially with the combat (kinda similar to the way you approach combat in a Souls/Bloodborne game). I think some people just won't get that and will put the game down because of it.

All the missions are great so far, even side quests. Characters and dialogue are interesting. Great cutscenes. Exploring the world is pretty amazing!

There's a lot of attention to detail all over the place. It feels like all aspects of this game had a lot of thought go into them - Visuals, audio, story, mechanics etc...

Sometimes the game feels a bit harsh on you and that is emphasized by the save system for some, but as others have said, you start out without much skill and will need to improve them via in-game mechanics, but also just as much your real life gameplay skills. It's a game that feels rewarding once you start to do this. But for people that just want to level up an OP character and rely on that instead of getting good at the game mechanics - you're probably gonna have a hard time. You need to be able to get enjoyment out of overcoming the gameplay challenges - again, like Souls games.

The main problems I see with this game is a bit of optimisation issues, lack of a few important options in the game menus and the audio mix is a bit weird and inconsistent sometimes.

There's nothing I know of out there that really compares to this game though. If you think it's like Skyrim or The Witcher, you're reading it a bit wrong. it definitely has things in common with those games (mostly aesthetically), but it's got a different feel to it when you actually play it. I'm glad to see the developers stuck to their vision and I hope they don't water the game down too much!

Amazing game. A fucking good time. Single player rpg with a solid story?

Hallelujahah!

Well done. Buy this game. Especially you old farts out there

Yes. I meant to say before that it'll really appeal to old school gamers who played the rpg's of the 90s. It's got that sort of thing going on, but mixed with more modern gameplay. It's a proper rpg for the new era :) I love this bloody game..

This video helps explain:

Last edited:
That sounds like the surrender bug and is supposedly fixable by going to jail. So go steal something. Or just reload the last save before it occurred.

Tried going to jail twice in two different cities, I get a game over, kicked out of the bailif's services for incompetence. I found a save where I can still sit it'll lose me 3 hours, which I guess is my only option. I really hope it doesn't happen again.

The save I go to is the one right before I started using the save mod from nexus. Hard to think that wasn't the cause.

Last edited:
I told you guys this game would be good......Have vacation in a week 1/2 Walmart even gave me extra 3 days off so 10 days total.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Tried going to jail twice in two different cities, I get a game over, kicked out of the bailif's services for incompetence. I found a save where I can still sit it'll lose me 3 hours, which I guess is my only option. I really hope it doesn't happen again.

The save I go to is the one right before I started using the save mod from nexus. Hard to think that wasn't the cause.

That sucks, but 3 hours is not horribly bad. I love modding games, but am always leery of day one mods, or ones that modify the core of game right out of the gate. I'd bet that the Save mod could very well be causing more issues then it solves. Hope it works out for your, this game is to good to side line.

This is really my kind of game, so many things done right from the "old timer" RPG fan point of view.

Many have commented on the nice deep gameplay mechanics, no holding hand gameplay and good story etc but one thing I really want to be pointing out is the scaling. Finally a game which gets the scaling right! Such an immersion breaker when you think you are looking at a dwarf world but in this game everything feels of proper (big enough) size (talking trees, NPCs, buildings, the overall feel of the forests and vast open landscapes etc)

The damned forests though. They got the varied and realistic forests just about perfect. The forests in KC: D are arguably the best looking I have ever seen in a video game.

Ikr, it feels fun even just to walk around and explore in forests haha. :D You just appriciate what you see, they feel so naturally crafted somehow. In almost any game you play you feel like the devs just randomly placed stuff so it gets very sandboxy feeling.

The forests are good but it's honestly to be expected of the CryEngine. It's the one thing it's really good at, and most devs don't even have to put that much work in to do it as the assets are included.

minor bugs:
My monitor goes to sleep during cutscenes if they are long enough. Try to pickpocket one too many times during the tutorial and he'll call the guard.

Damn. 3 hours disappeared in a flash with me getting lost in this great game.

During the very first quest I spent a few hours exploring and gathering herbs. I ended up at herbalist level 13 before I had to flee the town, not to mention a book, a dagger, new jacket, and 200+ coin and all the merchants dead broke lol.

On the fence springing for drop in upgrade i5 to i7 vs. whole new R5 1600x rig.

That’s racist; you’re not allowed to like this KKK simulator.
I've been so brainwashed, I half expected the girl to kick iron-shod-club guy's ass at the end of the prelude. Thank you WH!

Unlocked i7 Ivy's typically go for under 200USD on fleabay.

On the fence springing for drop in upgrade i5 to i7 vs. whole new R5 1600x rig.
Why the upgrade? Just go for it. I'm on 5820k not over clocked and I'm fine. If i tweaked things I would be better but I don't even notice. This game is not about fps. Combat is a waiting/patience game and everything else is just go with it. There's no need for high response rate. Yeah there might be some lag but it's not a competitive game.

No one should be playing this game as it is very problematic. The creator is very racist:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...-deliverance-waypoint-radio?utm_source=wpfbus

The issue is that the profit for the games will go to a far-right man who will have more money to fund other project who will be influenced by his ideology, or even to fund political cause.
If you review the game without taking into account the ideology of the co-founder of the studio, giving it a great review for instance, you're supporting views that goes against you're owns rights, in the case of LGBT or non-whites members of Waypoint.

QQ

Go be the thought police somewhere else.

So to recap, shitty ass combat, and old school RPG elements? Kinda like Elex, I've lived the past I'm good lol.

So to recap, shitty ass combat, and old school RPG elements? Kinda like Elex, I've lived the past I'm good lol.
the combat is great, what are you talking about? its as it should be. you start out being a shitty scrub and having a hard time and then become better and a knight over the course of the game.

the combat is great, what are you talking about? its as it should be. you start out being a shitty scrub and having a hard time and then become better and a knight over the course of the game.

We apparently have different definitions of great. Watching the video above was pretty painful, its Chivalry RPG style.

Back