King’s Quest Trailer Goes Live

Wow.... what an old series, really didn't think it'd come back.

FUCK YOU SIERRA! PLAYSTATION!? FUCKING PLAYSTATION!???!!!

Ah well, I don't think I care about it anymore. It does seem kind of cool but eh...

Honestly, it looks more like the horrible King's Quest: Mask of Eternity than a real King's Quest game. Too much action going on.

Yup. Way to alienate some of old school gamers who have played this series from the very beginning. I want this game, but will not buy a new console for a single game.

According to the article it will be released for all platforms including PC in fall 2015.

I never did figure out you have to throw the emeralds on the ground.

It reminded me of Dragon's Lair with a little bit of Tomb Raider thrown in. Is it an action game or a point-n-click?

I happen to dislike the cartoon graphics style they're using...a lot. It's too bad they couldn't shoot a bit higher than the style of a Saturday morning cartoon for preteens. Such a pity. I can only hope that the PC version will be substantially different--it is certainly possible. (I'm not holding my breath, though...;))

I happen to dislike the cartoon graphics style they're using...a lot. It's too bad they couldn't shoot a bit higher than the style of a Saturday morning cartoon for preteens. Such a pity. I can only hope that the PC version will be substantially different--it is certainly possible. (I'm not holding my breath, though...;))

It's the way things are going lately, and not just in computer games. Old-school style animation is dying. Everything now is either anime style or cgi, or some new age vector looking garbage.

Loved this game series (and space and police quest).
I think this looks like shit though. Not an adventure game anymore.

It reminded me of Dragon's Lair with a little bit of Tomb Raider thrown in. Is it an action game or a point-n-click?

Definitely reminds me of Dragon's Lair, and other animation from the early 80s.. I dig it.

Ah well, I don't think I care about it anymore. It does seem kind of cool but eh...

The article stated that the game will be release on all platforms including PC

Judging from the trailer this is a reboot of King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown with action/platformer gameplay. We'll see, after Mask of Eternity I'm not too excited. I'd rather see the original point-and-click game expanded and re-drawn in high res, not the same game with super-mario style jump hazards thrown in.

I'm not opposed to trying new animation styles. Each of the original games looked a bit different anyway. I even liked the disney-esque style they used with KQVII.

It's on PC to, they simply did an announcement at the Sony event... you don't go about advertising other platforms at things like that.

So funny that I just loaded two of the original Kings Quest (III and IV) on my old 386sx-16MHz system.

Yes. I rock old school hardware. :cool:

Can't wait to play this one!

robertawilliams.jpg

Glad i'm not the only one.

I'm hoping it turns out to be pretty good.

It's looking tomb-raider-ish. I think as long as it has a heart in the story, and the story is good, it will be great.

Looks like it's back to king graham, didn't see Daventry in any specific place tho (his kingdom).

I still have all these installed, plus the qknowledge/tierra/AGD versions of all the various remakes. see http://www.agdinteractive.com/ for some free downloads. They have quest for glory 2, king's quest 1, 2, and 3 remakes, even some new adventure games of their own creation (these you pay for).

Looks like it's back to king graham, didn't see Daventry in any specific place tho (his kingdom).

Most of the trailer seemed to be clips from Graham recovering the Magic Mirror in KQ1. You see the well at the beginning, the dragon cave, and at the end Graham sees himself as king in the magic mirror. It looks like a reboot of KQ1.

I'll never forgive what happened to Sierra.

But I will try to be objective on this. It looks like it COULD be amazing, if the designers just had a little better vision and the art had some soul.

The artwork looks about 50% to me. Like they had a great idea and it could have been something special but either they ran out of time/money or ran out of vision for the game somewhere.

The art is just lacking.... something. I don't mind cell shading. It's all in how you use it. But the art STYLE is missing something.

Sierra has a site for game up with a little more story info.
Developed by The Odd Gentlemen, the new King’s Quest™ reimagines all the charm, humor, puzzles, exploration and sense of wonder that made the franchise so magical when it first arrived thirty years ago. Old and grey, King Graham – the hero made legend in the original King’s Quest games – shares the extraordinary stories of his youth with his curious granddaughter, Gwendolyn, taking players back to the feats that shaped a kingdom.

And so begins an episodic saga that honors the core characters and familiar storylines of King Graham’s early adventures, setting up new chapters tied to – but independent of – the series that helped define Sierra and the adventure genre. Through these tales, a whole new generation can finally experience one of gaming’s most beloved journeys.

Wow. I was just talking about that game last weekend with friends. Never in a million years did I think they'd ever redo it.

Back