King Arthur II - The Role-playing Wargame DRM free version for $3 @GamersGate

I'm not finding some important answers about the game.

Does the game allow for multiplayer?

Does the game have randomly generated worlds?

Does the game have an editor?

it looks nice. I really don't want another login account, but DRM free is awesomesauce.

I might have to buy this for a measly $3.

I haven't put much time into the game as I was awaiting my cheap nephew to get it so we could talk about it together on Skype. For $3 I bought him a copy today. I know there isn't multiplayer. It's a RPG where you take over lands and fight mythical monsters like in Total War Shogun II. Lots of dialog and voice acting that you can skip if I remember right. I personally loved the voice acting but YMMV.

Steam Forums for KA II.

Paradox Interactive's Official Forum with a stickied FAQ.

Official Steam Page for KA II.

Hope that helps :) It got the low Metacritic score because of bugs at launch, some lingering performance issues, and the fact the first game had more options to choose from compared to the first game. They kinda "dumbed" down the combat because people couldn't deal with so many options in the first game and blamed their losses on it. So in the second game they dumbed it down and now everyone is complaining that it needs all the options of the first game and more. Ha ha.

Of course it's not the best game out there, but it's not bad for $3. :) The game was last patched in July so it's still getting updated.

Last edited:
This is the DRM free version; aka Steamless.
Being free of Steam does not mean its free of DRM. In fact being free of steam increases the chance there's some nastier DRM in its place.

Fortunately this says DRM Free.

Being free of Steam does not mean its free of DRM. In fact being free of steam increases the chance there's some nastier DRM in its place.

Fortunately this says DRM Free.

In his defense (not that he needs it), he said "drm free: aka steamless". Drm free means that steam is out since steam is drm. Had he said "doesn't activate on Steam so drm-less", then I would agree with your comment. They are not synonymous.

In his defense (not that he needs it), he said "drm free: aka steamless". Drm free means that steam is out since steam is drm. Had he said "doesn't activate on Steam so drm-less", then I would agree with your comment. They are not synonymous.

Ya, but steam is drm done right, if we have to have drm. Sure it ensures that you own the game, but when you can get loads of games for cheap 75% off. It's drm that doesn't have an activation limit, patches the game for you, doesn't care if there is 4 other people all in offline mode also playing the game in single player off of your account (yes I've done this for some lan games, also doesn't care that the same account that has played a game on the same computer for 6 months, randomly decides to put it on 4 new computers and throw them all in offline mode). Basically drm that you can hardly tell is there, vs say drm that kicks you out of the game and makes you restart because you lost your internet connection to a centralized server.

I'd prob rather own this game on steam, but for $3 who can pass it up? I almost bought it for significantly more on summer sale and I liked the original, heroes series and TW.

There is no such thing as DRM done right. I would rather have no drm than steam and the vast majority of my games are on steam. This game will work when my internet connection goes down, steam doesn't most of the time. Who knows what could happen with steam later on down the road. EA wasn't always a huge faceless corporation either.

The deal seems dead, sadly. I wish that I had seen this yesterday.

Sorry you missed it Bababooey. Check Gamersgate often and you'll catch other cool deals!

I mentioned that it was the Steam free version not because I hate Valve; but because on launch the game's keys had to be registered on Steam to download it. Then suddenly the keys were no longer able to be registered on Steam and you had to download the installer from whomever you bought it from.

I didn't feel like typing that all out in the OP when I posted yesterday, but I wanted you'll to know that the game wasn't going to register successfully on Steam like it did at launch if someone was buying it to add to their Steam library and remembered launch. Hope this clears up my first post.

:)

I bought this game for cheap during a winter sale last year and have never played it. It was probably $10 at the time. Any compelling reason to start playing this title? I thought there was MP for this game but I didn't read everything except the price.

Back