kindle reader for ipad 1? It's not available from the app store.

nightfly

2[H]4U
When they upgraded the kindle app, it became un-downloadable to the ipad 1. Anyone know any tricks to download an older version from somewhere? Or, in getting the new version to work with iOS 5.1? Apparently there was a version that worked, but when they 'upgraded' it you can't download it unless you have iOS versions of 6 or higher, and the ipad 1 can only use iOS 5 series.

Edit: I got a message on another forum that I can use amazon's cloud reader through safari. Apple screws us, Amazon picks up the pieces. Thanks, Amazon. I'll be buying more ebooks from you, just like my hardware. Good vendors get more business. BTW, would have bought a kindle but I got the ipad for free.
So for those who are in the same boat as I was, heres the solution: Go to amazon, then choose shop by department and just go to the kindle store, and click on free reading apps. Then pick the cloud reader, as well as downloading what you purchased for offline reading. Done. No apple garbage with all the incompatible iOS and application problems, it all works through the browser.

Last edited:
Actually it was amazon that probably decided to stop supporting the app on the old ipad.. not apple :)

Back