Killzone: Shadow Fall new gameplay in Adam Sessler interview

I buy each Killzone game, have a bunch of fun, then start scratching my head in a few weeks when people stop playing online. Given that the games keep playing more like CoD, I suspect this will continue on the PS4. I really liked KZ2 which played a bit slower than other games, then they made changes to make it play faster. Then KZ3 was just another "modern shooter" game where you felt like a floating turret as you run around the map. KZ3 had a ton of game modes that people really didn't explore much.

I bet these guys are looking at Titanfall hype and thinking "Shit, we could have done that..." KZ3 had in game mech suits, flight packs, and proper looking environments to tie everything together. They were just missing a fresh idea. Instead they are pushing out another shooter that plays like other shooters and they are doubling down on extra game modes people won't use.

Last edited:
Love the physics there, shoot them in the leg with a shotgun and they flip like they were shot by a cannon in the face.

The custom MP matches look cool, but not enough to buy a PS4 and play with a controller.

I'm trying to avoid watching any more gameplay videos of next-gen titles. If I see any more, I may actually cancel my PS4 and Xbox One pre-orders.

I never cared much for the MP, but very much enjoyed the SP campaigns. Honestly doesn't look that much better than the PS3 ones.

I'm trying to avoid watching any more gameplay videos of next-gen titles. If I see any more, I may actually cancel my PS4 and Xbox One pre-orders.

I am with you on this one. Both consoles really lack any "WOW" titles for launch. Regurgitating old IPs in higher resolutions, then showing those to people in low resolution 30 FPS web videos isn't helping the hype train.

Sony took their opportunity to release a new amazing IP and coughed up Knack which hasn't been well received by gaming editors or people checking out the PS4 kiosks.

I am with you on this one. Both consoles really lack any "WOW" titles for launch. Regurgitating old IPs in higher resolutions, then showing those to people in low resolution 30 FPS web videos isn't helping the hype train.

Sony took their opportunity to release a new amazing IP and coughed up Knack which hasn't been well received by gaming editors or people checking out the PS4 kiosks.

Here is some well received Knack for you. Knack isn't a what many people would call a system seller so it's not covered as much as the big boy titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdp...ew-vl&list=PLWnpHOQXsPDtLtr9XCVNS7ycP2O8S4Chq

Thought it looked great. Looking forward to playing it. Everyone is always such a defeatist in this forum. :(

Back