Killzone 3 open beta Feb 2......buy K3 get SOCOM 4 early beta

Tricky2ufellow

Limp Gawd
Those picking up "specially marked" copies of Killzone 3, will receive a code that grants access to SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta.

To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 callout on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 (including both the standalone and Helghast Editions). Inside the box you'll find a PSN code that you'll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live. To find out when the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta begins, be sure to check back at SOCOM.com once you pick up your copy of Killzone 3, hitting shelves on February 22nd.

Killzone 3 an open beta for the game will begin on Wednesday, February 2.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/67227

Update: available for download on the PlayStation Network on Wednesday, February 2nd.
This Open Beta will be available for free to all North American PS3 users and will run from Feb 2nd-14th.

I'm going to get it probably. Got KZ2 again after being frustrated with the controls -- just to have them fix it a few months afterwards. The controls are much better than before and I'm actually enjoying the game rather than getting bogged down bad terrible controls. I knew Guerrilla Games had a problem from the start with the controls. I just hope they make it even better in KZ3.

I think its retarded how N.A does not get a collector's edition like EU, where they have a choice on buying the Helghast Edition (Rip-off) or the much cheaper Collector's Edition (Steelbook as well).

I'll just go for regular edition if the beta is good. Helghast is such a waste.

Killzone 3 is a day one for me! I really enjoyed KZ2's singleplayer and multiplayer

Day one buy for me aswell, kinda looking forward to using the move controllers for something other than frisbee golf.

I think I am the only person in the world that liked the KZ2 controls. It felt very satisfying to kill people compared to COD-style controls where it feels like I am just a flying gun.

Already pre-ordered the steelbook collector's edition :D

I have a bunch of friends who are buying the Helghast edition. It's a bit creepy if you ask me, plus it costs about 3 times as much as the regular CE.

Already pre-ordered the steelbook collector's edition :D

I have a bunch of friends who are buying the Helghast edition. It's a bit creepy if you ask me, plus it costs about 3 times as much as the regular CE.

Ugh.. the steelbook CE only available in Europe / Australia...

Yep, PAL territories :)

Hey it goes both ways. USA got an awesome LBP2 collector's edition with a Sackboy plushie. We (PAL countries) just got a damn steelbook with some DLC codes in the name of a collector's edition :(

Yep, PAL territories :)

Hey it goes both ways. USA got an awesome LBP2 collector's edition with a Sackboy plushie. We (PAL countries) just got a damn steelbook with some DLC codes in the name of a collector's edition :(

Heh, I guess so... I gave my plushie to my GF. I much rather have steelbooks for my collector's though! They just look that much better. Heh

damn hopefully someone from [H] wins the collectors edition. Looks good I'll download it as soon as it's available. They said 10am PST so

Where do you find it in the PS Store?

It's on the UK and HK stores so I'd expect it'd be on the Japanese one too. 802Mb.

I'm hoping the 3D option is available like in Crysis on the 360 :)

EDIT - Yes it's in 3D, some nice depth. Also the controls aren't so sluggish anymore, in fact I think it's a bit too twitchy now.

Last edited:
Destructoid just reviewed the game a 10. And apparently, it's not final code either. Kotaku is waiting on retail for a review.

Just got done playing a few matches with the Move. The control scheme has it's shortcomings, but man is it fun!

Destructoid just reviewed the game a 10. And apparently, it's not final code either. Kotaku is waiting on retail for a review.

The game is pulling in a 88% right now on Gamerankings. I think it is a bit odd that they opened the review flood gates 2.5 weeks before the game's launch though.

Just played the game with the Playstation Move controller, I had a surprisingly good experience playing the FPS with motion controls. It's by far the best Move supported FPS so far and seems like it could actually give you an advantage. I also played the game with a regular DualShock 3 controller to test the normal controls, the input lag is vastly reduced to the point of playability now, before it ruined the experience for me. However it's not as smooth as call of duty, but an improvement none the less. Overall I thought that Killzone 3 was very fun and am seriously considering getting it, but still wishing it was on the PC :)

Really wishing I had time to finish that stupid GT5 4 hour race... My ps3 has been on for almost a week now and I haven't found the time.. Can't wait to try this out!

The game is pulling in a 88% right now on Gamerankings. I think it is a bit odd that they opened the review flood gates 2.5 weeks before the game's launch though.

Guerilla is confident in their product, I think

I'm impressed by how much they improved the load times and controls of the game.. so far. Gotta play it more to find any flaws, only have 26 mins playtime haha.

i liked killzone 2 controls.... ill give 3 a blast when i eventually get back into gaming.

Best mode = operations. So much better than warzone. Cut scenes are great, especially with name tags on each guy.

oh boy do i suck at this game big time lol. I sold my killzone 2 long time ago and haven't really playing any FPS on the console since. I can't aim for shit even if the guy is standing in front of me. hahaha but all in all. Is fun to play. Will buy the full game when is out.

oh boy do i suck at this game big time lol. I sold my killzone 2 long time ago and haven't really playing any FPS on the console since. I can't aim for shit even if the guy is standing in front of me. hahaha but all in all. Is fun to play. Will buy the full game when is out.

I'm in the same boat, haven't played fps on a console since Halo 3 and GOW 1 were popular.. I feel like I'm crippled.

Anyone having trouble connecting? I haven't been able to all afternoon..

I really don't understand what the hate is towards KZ3. It is LEAPS and BOUNDS better in the controls, and the loads times too.

Guess people don't like that its not as "crappy" as KZ2 and not "unique" in that way anymore because its more "arcadey". KZ2 fanboys will always surprise me.

I can't see myself playing the multi. Single player probably, not multi. Too many issues I've come across so far. And I can't aim for shit.

Ah. What could've been on PC.

I can't see myself playing the multi. Single player probably, not multi. Too many issues I've come across so far. And I can't aim for shit..

Just curious as to what issues you've come across? I've played the beta a few hours now and haven't really noticed any issues other than maybe the damn shotgun seems a bit overpowered and health could be increased a little.

Just curious as to what issues you've come across? I've played the beta a few hours now and haven't really noticed any issues other than maybe the damn shotgun seems a bit overpowered and health could be increased a little.

Just normal inconsistencies with the gameplay mechanics. Missing melee hits and kills for no reason even though I'm right in front of the guy, or behind, etc. Lack of fluid aiming, everything is jerky. Shots that don't seem to register. I'll be seemingly one shoted after laying into a guy.

Console shooters just aren't fun to me anymore. The whole time I was playing the beta I felt like I had tunnel vision.

Back