Killing time

wfalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I am finally returning home from Iraq. However, it wasn't quite in the way that I had planned for. I was injured in the attack on the Mess Hall in Mosul, and so I will be spending quite a bit of time at home as I heal.

Anyway, to the point, since this is a gaming forum. What sort of games would you recommend to keep idle hands busy? I've got a copy of World of Warcraft waiting for me when I get home. But, will this consume me? I imagine there are probably a slew of other good non-FPS games that can keep me busy. Any other suggestions?

From what I've heard of WoW it'll all but consume you. If you find that it's not enough I've gotten many enjoyable hours out of Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth, and I'm only halfway through and haven't even played any multiplayer.

I also hope you're not badly injured and that you're able to fully heal. Despite my personal position on the war and what the Rush Limbaughs of the world will tell you we liberal Democrats most definitely support our troops. I thank you and applaud for your service and your bravery.

yeah, trust me WOW is all you need...this game takes up way too much of my time...i hardly have played any other games lately.

Also be well man, hope you heal up well and hopefully you were not hurt that badly......i salute you.

Dijonase said:
From what I've heard of WoW it'll all but consume you. If you find that it's not enough I've gotten many enjoyable hours out of Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle Earth, and I'm only halfway through and haven't even played any multiplayer.

I also hope you're not badly injured and that you're able to fully heal. Despite my personal position on the war and what the Rush Limbaughs of the world will tell you we liberal Democrats most definitely support our troops. I thank you and applaud for your service and your bravery.

I agree with both the first AND the second paragraph here. Couldn't say the second one better myself :).

Theres also Doom 3, Half-Life 2, for your FPS interests, or if you like RTS...Warhammer 30k, Dawn of War is pretty cool :).

First of all, thank you for your service. There is no reason what-so-ever to bring politics into giving thanks to someone for their bravery and service. So thank you again for helping to secure our, and others, freedoms.

Some games you may enjoy and that are not of the FPS genre:

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Need for Speed Underground 2
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
Rome: Total War
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Or as I have read....WoW will be all that you will need.

Thank you again for your service. :)

I thought you were talking about Killing Time for the 3do and I was wondering why the hell you were even talking about it lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll just see how much WoW consumes me before investing in too many other games. Although I had to get Zoo Tycoon 2 for gaming with my kids and passing on the gaming gene. They loved the first one. There are definately some other games in that list that piqued my interest as well.

Also, thanks for the support. I consider myself lucky - had 2 pieces of shrapnel pass through my right knee. The two guys that were next to me ended up in the ICU. Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now. Don't want the thread to get locked for being OT.

Somehow, I don't think the thread would get an OT lock, but that sounds like a hell of a thing. I have a few friends left over there now, but most of the folks I knew were there from almost the beginning, and either got sent home or shipped back in black bags.

As for the games, I'll suggest Rome: Total War and Dawn of War. I couldn't tell from your post if you were looking for FPS games too, but if you are, I'll add Painkiller, UT2004, and Postal 2.

Back