Killing Floor trailer released and pre-purchase for 15 on Steam (l4d pkayers look)

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48648.html

Some of you may have played the mod (ut2k4). Tripwire and the developers have made it into a full fledged game now and it's coming in may.

Lots more fast paced then l4d and with a lot more weapons but up the same alley so some of you may be interested in it.
Only 15 bucks on steam if you pre order now (15% off).

It looks graphically a bit out dated but it also looks quite bad ass in terms of gameplay and the weapons you get.

I've been trying to get back in to L4D but get distracted by how crap the matchmaking is and just how awful the overall experience is, servers going offline mid match constantly, dropping connections, bad pings or servers with bad CPU speeds giving netcode lag. Even when you say "screw it i'll host myself" half the people cannot join correctly and you resort to using command line connects and all sorts of daft rubbish, it's so irritating.

It would only take a smooth gameplay experience from these guys such as a good browser that works and some stability and i'll be all over it.

Pre-ordered here as well.

It looks graphically a bit out dated but it also looks quite bad ass in terms of gameplay and the weapons you get.

I've been trying to get back in to L4D but get distracted by how crap the matchmaking is and just how awful the overall experience is, servers going offline mid match constantly, dropping connections, bad pings or servers with bad CPU speeds giving netcode lag. Even when you say "screw it i'll host myself" half the people cannot join correctly and you resort to using command line connects and all sorts of daft rubbish, it's so irritating.

It would only take a smooth gameplay experience from these guys such as a good browser that works and some stability and i'll be all over it.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. L4D feels so lacking. I get so bored, the only good part of it is Survival Mode but then again I almost fell asleep in the first 15 minutes of it. Speaking of stability...

Yeah, IIRC the game is still running on a heavily modified Unreal 2.5 engine so it looks about as good as it can possibly get for an old engine like that.

It looks ok. Old engine with some pretty generic zombies (or so I've seen). I'm not expecting much, but it looks like it has a lot of content and will be extremely modifiable, so it could end up being fun.

People really need to stop beating around the bush with these zombie games and just create a game that combines the best aspects of L4d, ZPS, KF, etc.

It really wouldn't take much more to make L4D one of the greatest games of all time.

Time attack mode, Group battle (like BF2 with zombies), Capture the flag, RAPE, Battle royal.

with the modes above I would be playing for years.

What's the gameplay like? 'Red Orchestra' with zombies (IE., concentrated on 'realism')? Heavily team/class focused? Crazy open/deathmatch style?

How are the sides? Are they like L4D, with a 'zombie' side and 'human' side? Or more like ZP:S, where most players start human, and are slowly converted to the zombie side?

'Fast' zombies ('28 Days Later'), or 'slow' zombies ('Day of the Dead')? etc.

That looks pretty sweet. Like everybody mentioned the graphics are a bit old but it seems the gameplay could make up for that.

I just saw this on the Steam intro splash page, and knew if I came in here you zombie-maniacs would be talking about it.

I'm in.

I've pre-ordered it as well.

I think that it looks like fun, and for $15 you can't pass that up.

I'm also debating to pre-order it or not.

It does look fun as hell. But would be huge blower if it sucked. I hate wasting money. :c/

Pro ordered it too(11.24$ instead of 15), looks like a mix between BrainBread and l4d, zombie killing at its best.

I am pretty sure they ain't really zombies in this game, just military experiments gone wrong.

looks pretty cool, I like the graphics reminds me of Quake/Painkiller/House of the Dead.

played 2.4 2.5 and an early version of the ut 2004 mod, 2.4 was my fave didn't like 2.5 feel much, alpha version even had bots to assist you offline from what i remember, anyway i bought it too, can't wait to play :D many ppl say that L4D gets boring i can not disagree with them, killing floor could be be played just fine with random ppl, no LAN fests or organized friend list games were needed for a good experience, i hope the full game won't be any different :)

Looks interesting. I'll give it a shot - it seems to have more variety than L4D. Lets hope that both it and L4D continue to improve and give new maps/weapons/items etc. KF would also benefit from a versus mode - everyone likes to play the zombie!

Shows up as $14.99 for me. :c/

maybe it's a regional thing...

20414133.jpg

I wonder if I use a free proxy in India to order it?

I can use that service that my CC has to make a temporary credit card number and just put 11.24 balance on it so if it gets stolen, it doesn't matter.

Think it would work or would it get locked down to servers in Asia?

I can use that service that my CC has to make a temporary credit card number and just put 11.24 balance on it so if it gets stolen, it doesn't matter.

firstly, i don't think this would only be for india. probably asia+oceania or something.

to my knowledge, you cannot purchase games on steam using a credit card registered in a country separate from the one you are buying from. proxies will definitely not work.
trying proxies or any other method to bypass the geo filtering puts your steam account at risk, and it's hardly worth it for an amount less than 4$ right?

the only legitimate way is to have it gifted to you by someone and you reimburse them through paypal or some other method.

It's $4 less...:confused:

Seriously man you're going to rig a proxy to pretend to be in India in order to save $3.75?

That almost sounds like a watered down version of the people on fatwallet who will calculate the gas costs then drive from California to Arizona for net savings of $27 on a new monitor.

What's your time worth?

It really wouldn't take much more to make L4D one of the greatest games of all time.

Time attack mode, Group battle (like BF2 with zombies), Capture the flag, RAPE, Battle royal.

with the modes above I would be playing for years.

The key is the matchmaking system needs to be fixed.

Seriously man you're going to rig a proxy to pretend to be in India in order to save $3.75?

That almost sounds like a watered down version of the people on fatwallet who will calculate the gas costs then drive from California to Arizona for net savings of $27 on a new monitor.

What's your time worth?

thats hilarious :p

Back