Killing Floor 2 is nearing an Early Access release date.

I found it's the UE4 feature of Real-time Reflections that's probably taking the biggest hit. Pretty much any setting you have without it turned on instantly drops 30% performance alone. The power of the future in one Engine feature alone lol. Also SLI isn't yet supported (future driver?) so two cards wont help you without some tweaking that may or may not work from what I hear.

Looks damn good for a mostly UE3 based game though. Still meant for those with patience or hardcore fans because of the content. Just hope they do updates fast and furiously. Think they are intentionally holding content to maintain a 6 month hype, but this gameplay isn't Payday 2.

Turning on optimized 1x1 crossfire setting for this game has helped, running high seems to get mostly 60fps, but it feels choppy.

Think they are intentionally holding content to maintain a 6 month hype, but this gameplay isn't Payday 2.

Tripwire is a small developer. They have no reason to "hold back content".

This game seems to have a problem with the texture resolution setting. Other have reported stuttering and it being related to the texture resolution setting. With mine at ultra, it has a stutter, drop it to high or lower and it's smooth. VRAM is only at 1.3GB so possibly something in the engine that needs to be worked out.

Controls feel a bit sluggish especially when aiming down the sights. It seems the sensitivity is like 0.20 of the normal value. Using the shotgun while ADS just blocks your entire vision too. I know it's still early access but I remember the gunplay feeling a lot better in KF1.

Controls feel a bit sluggish especially when aiming down the sights. It seems the sensitivity is like 0.20 of the normal value. Using the shotgun while ADS just blocks your entire vision too. I know it's still early access but I remember the gunplay feeling a lot better in KF1.

Open KFInput.ini under \Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config

and change

ZoomedSensitivityScalar=0.350000
bEnableMouseSmoothing=true

Game is fun. Well made but I think it will be short. Also I have hard time to beat the third wave and the boss. Sound weird considering my skillz.

Sli support can be manually added using nVidia inspector, add killing floor .exe to the Batman Arkham Origins profile. Worked great on my 780's , both cards being used around 60%, easily getting 60 fps with max settings now. Gameplay is very smooth.

Edit: Also remove the kf .exe from your Nvidia control panel 3D settings if you added it, reboot and should work.

Last edited:
2015-04-29_00008_zpsxofpiagv.jpg

I think this was a 32 player match or something might of been less we got wiped on the 5th wave on suicidal.

Hey when healing with the pistol do I just shoot them or do I have to switch between modes or something I understand the Syringe.

I figured it out middle mouse button...

Last edited:
Sli support can be manually added using nVidia inspector, add killing floor .exe to the Batman Arkham Origins profile. Worked great on my 780's , both cards being used around 60%, easily getting 60 fps with max settings now. Gameplay is very smooth.

Edit: Also remove the kf .exe from your Nvidia control panel 3D settings if you added it, reboot and should work.

Also halt the nvidia streaming service, stupid thing eats about 5% performance.

been playing 2 player hell on earth. its hard as...well....hell. havent got past the 4th wave.

not really because more people ups the zombies and their damage. so its kind of a trade off

plus I cant go down in difficulty now, it would just feel to easy lol.:D

I did not know that more people zombie up. But anyway, at hell of earth, there is for sure scrake and hellbound and I doubt they can be kill by 2 players.

We're like 6 on it sometimes and it take sometimes to trow them down. And they can easily whipe out an entire team.

not really because more people ups the zombies and their damage. so its kind of a trade off

plus I cant go down in difficulty now, it would just feel to easy lol.:D

While their are more zeds that spawn with more players it's still easier with more people. As long as everyone plays their class correctly.

Kind of unfortunate...up until a few days ago, you could play on one of the hard as hell 100-player-slot servers and still generate XP. It really made a difference especially for Medic classses. Unfortunately now, that is gone. It will still appear to generate XP, but once you leave the server its gone! Too bad. Playing with 25+ other people and a ton of zeds was fun.

ALso, I really hate that kills made with "off spec" weapons don't give you any XP! How insane is that?! This include "no spec" weapons like the Katana and Flamethrower. I can think of a bunch o ways to fix this; hope they iinclude at least one!

They'll give you XP when the perks for those weapons are added in.

Got the game a couple days ago. It's easy to see it's not a complete game after coming from KF1. Glad I didn't spend any money on it just yet or I wouldn't be too happy.

The graphics look amazing in Ultra @ 1080P though.

Been thinking about picking this up with a couple friends. Worth the money right now for co-op or no?

If you are perfectly fine with the fact that it's incomplete and content will be gradually added as time goes on, then yes it's one of the better co-op games out there. Otherwise, wait for the full release in ~6 months.

Been thinking about picking this up with a couple friends. Worth the money right now for co-op or no?

If you liked KF it's fine it's the same game but with a graphical facelift. same with the last iteration. The only catch is there appears to only be one boss and a few maps. I've put a few hours into it and feel like I've gotten my money out of it. Imagine going from the original Counter-strike Source to CSGO. Thats what it feels like.

Here is my mini review.

I played KF1 for 700 hours and really liked that game but it got boring.

In KF2 I can't tell if I am just bored with the series or it really doesn't have the magic KF1 had. Yes the graphics are pretty darn cool. So far the maps don't feel as wide open as KF1, little more cramped feeling.

I don't care for the way the character voices work at the moment. In KF1 you could say certain things and choose not to say anything. If someone gave you money you didn't have to say anything if you didn't want to. In KF2 it seems like the characters go into auto talk mode sometimes. You never know what your character will say when you Que it to talk.

Like I said maybe I am just tired of the series but i don't think I will be putting 700 hours into this one. I think KF1 has a special magic that has not been duplicated in KF2.

I finding it as fun as kf1 if even more so personally though i wouldn't recommend buying it until they implement more classes/levels/guns.

Speaking of classes and ranks... Kf1 you had to put a lot of time ranking your guns to be effective in difficulty level suicide and hell on earth. It seems ranking happens far quicker now and I don't even know that it makes your gun more powerful at all, I think all that happens is every 5 levels you get to pick another perk. Max level is 25 so thats 5 perks, 1 per every 5 levels.

In KF1 raising the difficulty level up made the zombies be able to take more damage and they moved faster. Thus is why needing a more powerful gun was needed.

but in Kf2 they don't make the zombies take more damage as you go up in difficulty. What they did was make the zombies faster and do all kinds of fancy moves coming at you. I seen an interview and the devs didn't want to just make the zombies take more damage. They wanted the way the zombies move to change not damage capacity. It's really different in that aspect.

BTW Hell on Earth level is super hard. It might be too hard since they move so fast and you can be swarmed instantly.

They definitely worked on making it more difficult to attack the zeds. In KF1, it seemed so easy to get headshots, perhaps because the zeds couldn't be as limber; maybe that was an engine limitation. In KF2, the zeds heads can move more freely and you must follow the head with the gun if you want to get that critical headshot in.

It does feel a bit easier in that it seems like I level up every 2-3 games I play but I might play 1-2 games a day right now. Given there are only three maps and four classes, it can get boring but they should be releasing more content soon so that should keep my attention.

They definitely worked on making it more difficult to attack the zeds. In KF1, it seemed so easy to get headshots, perhaps because the zeds couldn't be as limber; maybe that was an engine limitation. In KF2, the zeds heads can move more freely and you must follow the head with the gun if you want to get that critical headshot in.

It does feel a bit easier in that it seems like I level up every 2-3 games I play but I might play 1-2 games a day right now. Given there are only three maps and four classes, it can get boring but they should be releasing more content soon so that should keep my attention.

Your head comment - They hired a real man who was very acrobatic who got wired up with sensors and actually acted out the moves and his moves were computer generated into the game.

And the whole leveling up thing that Call Of Duty started I almost wish that had never been brought into games. Because now other devs think that is the key to success and we have to see it all over the place. They don't want to frustrate players and want to give them instant rewards instead of working for what you have. In KF1 you had to bust your ass to level the character up to level 6. Now they hand it out like popcorn. But to be fair leveling up doesn't make your gun stronger now anyways - all it does it give you access to perks as far as i know.

In my opinion they should have kept the way it was with leveling up making guns more powerful and zeds taking hits like sponges at harder levels and on top of that changed the zed characters. because we have the same zed characters in KF2 and we find ourselves comparing them to the old which can never happen since we loved the old ones. They should have brought in all new zeds to surprise us.

Last edited:
I think they made leveling up easy in early access since they want feedback on the perks but it'll be a grindfest again once the real game is released.

I'm indifferent on leveling in killing floor it isn't detrimental to my experience really, i think i had more hours in the mod then the retail version of KF if that means anything.

I think the way the system is setup is for testing purposes really, allowing for many to able to reach maximum level fast makes it easier to receive stats and input from users across the entire leveling system on balance. The quick progression we see now may not be anything like we see at release, or later on with planned resets.

The problem is they said in an interview that they didn't want it to be a grind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKbmgE-_o0
Adding more than 50% more content to the game, available now players will be able to further explore the horrific world of KILLING FLOOR 2 with brand new content and features including the following:
2 New Perks – Firebug and Demolitions, each with new weapons and grenades
2 New Maps – Evacuation Point and Catacombs
New Weapons – More arsenal to destroy Zeds with such as the Dual 9mm Pistols
Crossover Promotions:
For players who own Chivalry – Playable Knight character with the Zweihänder sword
For players who own Red Orchestra 2 – Anton Strasser playable character
NVIDIA PhysX Flex Technology – Featured for the first time ever in a game, KILLING FLOOR 2 incorporates this ground-breaking new technology (for NVIDIA GeForce 770’s and above cards)
Berserker Skill Tree – Complete overhaul revamps the Berserker skill tree to a whole new level
After Action Report – New system adding Team Awards, Personal Stats and Map Voting
Map Voting allows players to vote on the next map, winning map travels to server after
Kick Voting allows players to vote kick a player from the map
New Achievements
Zed Hit Zones – Allows Areas on the Zeds to have different hit effects and vulnerabilities based on different zones
New Steam Workshop functionality
General Fixes and Improvements:
Audio Fixes – Huge overhaul to improve audio system
Old map and skill tree refinements such as the Commando skill tree
And Much More!

I'll play a few rounds for the new Maps

When they say And Much More!, there isn't really much more, or they would list it.

As long as we get a complete game by the time it goes out of early access, I'll be happy. Already have played enough to get half my money's worth or so. :p

Back