KillerFry's FS Thread - Now with Asus G73JH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerFry

Limp Gawd
Hey there!

I bought my amazing, superior, great and beastly Asus G73JH on December 7, 2010 as my Christmas gift - yeah, somewhat in advance.

Here's the specs rundown!

Core i7 720QM
8GB 1333 DDR3
17.3" FHD 1920 x 1080
AMD Radeon Mobility 5870 1GB
2x320GB HDD
DVD-RW

The reason I'm selling it is because I've found it somewhat unwieldy for my lifestyle - it be too big! Also, I built myself a new gaming desktop which I find myself using more and I'm thinking of getting something akin of the HP dm1z or the Eee PC 1215b for those occasional times away from home.

Thus, I think it's best if this good ol' machine finds a new home that gives it a better use.

In all fairness, I sent it for RMA once. I was running Furmark to see how hot the GPU got. While the stability test ran, I was watching Conan The Barbarian. Around 20 minutes in, the screen went green then the machine turned itself off.

After that, it would not turn on again. So I sent it and apparently they changed the MB. Came back just as new.

I have the original documentation, created the recovery disks, and even have the original box - if you're interested.

I'm asking for $1,225 shipped. <--- Price Drop!

But wait! There's more! I'll also include the Targus XL, which is basically one of the few backpacks this beast of awesomeness will fit it. Since I won't have it, there's no need for me to have the backpack around.

Also, it has an extra 1 year warranty with CompUSA after the manufacturer's warranty expires - which, in Asus case, is 2 years.

I have a copy of the original receipt too.

Closed.jpg

Ports_CD.jpg

Vents.jpg

Open.jpg

GPU temps after RMA; not very clear, but the max was 81*C after one hour of running the Furmark stability test.

temp.png

=========================================

And since I'm here, I also have an Diamond ATI X1900 XTX 512MB that I used way back then. I'm asking for $25 shipped.

Video2.jpg

Video1.jpg

There's two copies of WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition available; still shrink wrapped. $85 shipped each.

Thanks for looking!

glhf

Last edited:
Pictures uploaded for your viewing pleasure! ;)

The Munchkin demands you bump if you look :p Otherwise, bad stuff will happen to you, tee-hee

Bumpy bump

Bump. I am also thinking about getting the 1215B.

It looks like a good machine. It's a shame I can't find it with more than 2GB of RAM, but I have found it's easily upgradeable, so no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back