Killer System - Horrible 3DMark06 Scores

Guys,

Having a serious OC'ing issue with my setup. I know it's sweet and yes a small fortune was spent, however I've got a great stable pretty fast stock system but my 3DMark06 scores completly suck the donkey if you know what I mean... hehe

Not sure what's wrong. I tried emptying the task manager of all running programs. Went into nTune and selected 3DMark06. I'm thinking stock 2.67Ghz with my setup should post better 3DMark06 score than 5600. My system matches the fastest 3DMark system nearly to the T but I'm no where near that score.

I'm all up for any suggestions...

Thanks, your buddy

DC:cool:

First off, are you running the Benchmark at stock settings?

Additionally, try running a SuperPi benchmark (1M setting) so we can see if your CPU is screwy.

How are your temps?

Have all the proper drivers installed?

I would say check drivers or possibly driver settings. I dont know anthing about 1k PSUs or the 8 series but maybe its hooked up wrong and pulling off the same rail? Everything else, other then 3D programs going nice and speedy?

BTW, youve made my day. My last system, 3800x2 and heavily volt modded 7900GT beat your uber system by about 1500 points. Once it gets worked out its going to spank my system.

Yes, I'm looking forward to spanking everyone.

To answer the other posters, yes I'm running pretty much stock because nVidia nor EVGA will answer questions on the QX6700 and the 680i board's inability to overclock. I'm still researching this but my 3DMark06 should be up there, I'm going to call them and see whats up. I have everything connected correctly, nTune recognizes SLi and everything.

Guys,

Having a serious OC'ing issue with my setup. I know it's sweet and yes a small fortune was spent, however I've got a great stable pretty fast stock system but my 3DMark06 scores completly suck the donkey if you know what I mean... hehe

Not sure what's wrong. I tried emptying the task manager of all running programs. Went into nTune and selected 3DMark06. I'm thinking stock 2.67Ghz with my setup should post better 3DMark06 score than 5600. My system matches the fastest 3DMark system nearly to the T but I'm no where near that score.

I'm all up for any suggestions...

Thanks, your buddy

DC:cool:

It b/c the stupid 97.44 drivers and up dont let two of the RAM speed generators run the RAM at the Right speed.

Superpi is a benchmark program. Get it here

There's no such thing as a "future mark" driver... Just what HAVE you installed?

Even if the GPU Memory clock IS screwed up (and it probably is, for now at least) you should still score higher. My system at stock scores more than that... with an E6300 and a GTS.

Did you do a full reinstall of windows when you built this machine, or did you use a previous installation for it?

How is in-game performance (like, oblivion) with ALL the settings maxed?

As I posted before, I turned off AA/AF in nvidia controlpanel and I got alot more extra points

Arc, I ran that benchmark, 32M Calculation Start, 24 Iterations,
Real Memory = 2145890304
Available Real Memory = 1592340480
Allocated Memory = 268435496
0 h 00m 14s The initial value finished
0 h 00m 54s Loop 1 finished
0 h 00m 43s Loop 2 finished

The only game I played so far was Far Cry at 1920 res and its real fluid, runs fantastic. So I'm thinking there's an issue with the 3DMark06 program because my gaming rocks!

As for my install it was from scratch.

I loaded the drives from the CD that came with the hardware. I then went to Futuremark, purchased 3DMark06 Advanced and loaded the drivers they recommended from thier site. Nothing changed.

The other poster said somthing about only 1 Ram was being processed, if you could explain that in more detail please.

Back