Killer Pacific Rim Robots Coming in 2018

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Killer Robots, ex-Stormtroppers, and Charlie from Sunny. What's not to like.
Check out the video.
The globe-spanning conflict between otherworldly monsters of mass destruction and the human-piloted super-machines built to vanquish them was only a prelude to the all-out assault on humanity in Pacific Rim Uprising.

I know this did MUCH MUCH better in the Pacific countries more so then North America..But...
I enjoyed the 1st one... and looking forward to this one! :)

Same here. I've been a bit skeptical that it wouldn't match up to the first one, but this trailer is encouraging!

However, I do still miss Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba.

Pacific Rim: Uprising's Director Explains New Jaegers and Setting:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10...ngs-director-explains-new-jaegers-and-setting

the first movie was well done and fun to watch and good fx,

but the idea of making human shaped waldos to fight monsters is silly.

I am firmly aboard the hype train. it will be glorious. Honestly looking forward to this more then the new star wars.

Erm, not sure. Kind of liked the first one, but kind of feels like Transformers- just with people inside.

As a life-long mecha-fan, I LOVED the original Pacific Rim and have easily watched it 10+ times.

This one, while I will most certainly pay to see it in theaters, just doesn't have quite the same allure.

Also, not being directed by Guillermo this time around has me a little concerned....

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Needs more Gojira. It would be oso sweet if he actually was the one who came in at the end to help out and then goes back into the sea at the end.

/fin

First one was the only movie I liked better in 3D than i did in 2D.

Hey its Totally-not-Neon Genesis-2. Honestly didn't really care for the 1st, and I like good-bad movies. For some reason I got a vibe reminiscent of Independence Day: Resurgence as i watched the trailer.

I'll give this a go when it hits netflix or something. Also, that has to be one of the worst songs I've ever heard in a trailer.

I remember watching the first and was in awe, then I saw it a second time and then a third and found so many plot issues and holes that it was ruined for me.

The vibe I got from this trailer is very "Transformers-esque" all style no substance, plus the horrible horrible "music" in the trailer didn't help.

This was the only thing I've seen that had me worried....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...r-upgrades-and-new-approach-to-fighting-kaiju

John Boyega told me during a phone chat this week that not only are the Jaegers "much more swift" in the forthcoming sequel, but their enemy, the Kaiju, "have grown more intelligent" in their campaign against the surface world.

He added, "We've got better upgrades. The robots are moving much more swift. Yeah, we're like ballerinas up in there, it's fantastic."

I don't want another version of Transformers really. I liked the slower paced movements of the first one as it made things more believable when you consider the amount of mass moving around, plus when the punches hit they really felt like they had weight behind them.

Going to see this in any case and I re-watch the first one every couple of months. Still one of my favorite movies.

Loved the first one. Big ass lumbering robots armed with heavy world-melting weaponry.

This one? buncha damn slowflakes vs. deathwing.

WTF blizzard

I don't know who's a worse lead actor- Charlie Hunnam or Jai Courtney...how both these guys constantly end up getting these big movie roles baffles me

I remember watching the first and was in awe, then I saw it a second time and then a third and found so many plot issues and holes that it was ruined for me.

The vibe I got from this trailer is very "Transformers-esque" all style no substance, plus the horrible horrible "music" in the trailer didn't help.
You're sweating plot holes in a goofball rockem sockem robots movie?

These flicks are audiovisual cotton candy - saccharine sweet and disposable, geared toward young minds not yet fully developed.

Last edited:
You're sweating plot holes in a goofball rockem sockem robots movie?

These things are audiovisual cotton candy - saccharine sweet and disposable, geared toward young minds not yet fully developed.
Seriously, sometimes it's nice to just watch robots and monsters beating the shit out of eachother for a couple hours.

Now transformers on the other hand... that's just a clusterfuck of garbage, shaky cam, gray masses of gears and parts put together into barely distinctive figures... hell in the 4th one "Galvatron" exploded into nanomachines to transform because there weren't enough explosions and shaky cam. The first Pacific Rim, all of the action was very clear making it fun to watch. I dunno about watching it 10 times... or even 5, but it was still fun to watch. Picking it apart for plot holes... lol what? Must have been the type of kid that critically analyzed saturday morning GI Joe cartoons or something.

Seriously, sometimes it's nice to just watch robots and monsters beating the shit out of eachother for a couple hours.

Now transformers on the other hand... that's just a clusterfuck of garbage, shaky cam, gray masses of gears and parts put together into barely distinctive figures... hell in the 4th one "Galvatron" exploded into nanomachines to transform because there weren't enough explosions and shaky cam. The first Pacific Rim, all of the action was very clear making it fun to watch. I dunno about watching it 10 times... or even 5, but it was still fun to watch. Picking it apart for plot holes... lol what? Must have been the type of kid that critically analyzed saturday morning GI Joe cartoons or something.

Best quote from the original Pacific Rim thread..... :p

Saw the movie last night. It's like Independence Day, but with giant robots fighting alien monsters.

Which is to say it was fucking awesome and I enjoyed it immensely and will be buying the blu ray.

Also, yeah, it's a bit corny but it's pretty obvious that it's intentional. It's a movie about robots punching aliens in the face. It's not Eyes Wide Shut with robots.

Also, not being directed by Guillermo this time around has me a little concerned....

Yeah. Im especially upset with him for the way the final season of The Strain turned out, It was terrible. I enjoyed the first Pacific Rim but this one looks too much like Transformers so I think I'll pass.

Was this done by Micheal Bay, cause this looks like it was done by Micheal Bay..

and no, that's not a good thing

Reactions: Damar
like this
Back