Killer Fence Climbing Robot of Death

HardOCP News

[H] News
I know I say this every time but this robot is going to KILL US ALL! The little bastard can do all the normal robot stuff like walk, run and jump but it can also walk up and down stairs, do flips, climb fences and open doors. Trust me, this robot is going to be the end of human civilization as we know it. Even the company name implies we are all doomed!

I'm starting to think you really do have a fear of killer robots, Steve. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if all these companies were to put their research together and get their R&D departments together, we would have Terminators (or the slightly nicer guys from iRobot). From running, climbing stairs, climbing fences, face recognition, voice recognition, balance, grasping things with hands, etc.. They could create a really kick ass machine.

15-most-menacing-movie-robots_the-robot-spiders-from-runaway.jpg

I remember the movie, the actor's face looks familiar. but what kind of man would ever wear his hair like that?

The way this is going, they'll be wearing platform boots and make up.

I remember the movie, the actor's face looks familiar. but what kind of man would ever wear his hair like that?

The way this is going, they'll be wearing platform boots and make up.

Well to be fair, thr platform boots and makeup came before the movie. Never question The Demon!:mad: :p

I remember the movie, the actor's face looks familiar. but what kind of man would ever wear his hair like that? The way this is going, they'll be wearing platform boots and make up.
Gene Simmons would and did, but you know this. The movie poster is so much worse.
MV5BZGI1MTQ3YTEtYmNkYy00NjAzLWI4MGItMDI0YWU4YzVkZjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDUyOTUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX663_AL_.jpg

It looks like an overly-energetic puppy.

If it was scaled up to the size of a car it would be a lot scarier though.

While a fun thing to play with for a little bit, I don't see much real use for this robot. At least the doglike one could climb hills and was hard to knock over so could carry packs with soldiers. This one, give it long enough with a fence that you could toss it over and it will make it over. it can open doors by banging into them long enough trying to walk up them (as long as the door has a handle that a cat could open). Neat idea, but don't see this one scaling to be very useful like many other bots out there.

Climbing a fence is one thing.... Getting OVER the fence is another.

Interesting form of locomotion.

I thought a "killer fence" was "climbing a robot to death" that would've been a sight.

This part:

Seems pretty tense.

Fair bit of sarcasm in my post. He's been heralding the death of mankind to our new automated, metallic overlords for... practically every robot-related news article ever posted on this site.

Anything that looks "spider'ish" freaks me out. That being said, just climb a fence, by the time you drive away, it'll only be half way up the fence.

Fair bit of sarcasm in my post. He's been heralding the death of mankind to our new automated, metallic overlords for... practically every robot-related news article ever posted on this site.

Steve is building up to one of the greatest "I told you so" moments of all time.

I think you guys all missed it.

The revolution has already started;

A robot crushed a worker at a Volkswagen production plant in Germany, the company said Wednesday.
Robot Kills Man at Volkswagen Plant

A man has been killed by a robot at a car parts factory in India. The 24-year-old worker was reportedly adjusting a metal sheet being welded by the machine when he was stabbed by one of its arms.
A man has been killed by a robot at a factory in India

Urada was maintenance engineer at a Kawasaki Heavy Industries plant. While working on a broken robot, he failed to turn it off completely, resulting in the robot pushing him into a grinding machine with its hydraulic arm. He died as a result.
Kenji Urada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And they are going to replace us, it's plain to see.

1uncanny_valley.jpg

ming-na-red-14apr15-05.jpg

Coincidence, I think not :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Yea, I tried to find the one part in that whole post that was innocent and good to quote. :)

Back