Killer 1535 lag help

Jay88

Weaksauce
Last week I purchased a loaded XPS 15 9560 but a few days ago I have been encountering some serious lag when connected via wifi. I purchased this laptop because I needed something while staying a month in hotels. First couple days everything was great didn't have any noticeable lag while playing CS:GO or Overwatch. After the first five days I started lagging like crazy to the point where I'm constantly rubber banding and nearly unplayable. I realize hotel wifi is generally garbage I stayed at the red roof in for about a week. Red Roof has horrible wifi and wasn't terrible surprised when I experienced the lag I figured it was due to everybody else sharing the same connection. A few days ago I checked in to a fairly upscale hotel which had a decent connection but still only 2.4 Ghz. At this point I'm really confused because when I purchased it I experienced to lag at RRI with shitty wifi and now I can hardly play at all. I did update the Killer drivers from ones provided at Dell about a week after my purchase since then I rolled the drivers back and still encountered the lag I am thinking maybe the drivers didn't completely roll back. I also recently downloaded the newest drivers from Killer since my lag couldn't get any worse but still didn't resolve the issue.

If your test bed for determining if your drivers are busted are public wifi or hotel wifi (upscale or not), then I'm afraid you're banging your head against the wall. There are too many variables introduced here (based on your details) to point fingers with any certainty. Just because wifi worked well one day at a hotel does not guarantee it will work with the same reliability the next day - upscale or not. Have you tried testing things on wifi you know damn well is stable? Like at home or at a friend's house? Trying to troubleshoot something like that on-the-road or on-the-fly only leads to frustration. Eliminate as many variables as you can.

Once you get a baseline of what to expect under the best possible conditions, environment, etc. (i.e. start building a good case against ruling out drivers as a possible culprit), then you can revisit the whole public wifi evaluation.

Alternatively, consider investing a USB to ethernet adapter. Most hotels I've stayed at provide both wifi and ethernet. At least with ethernet you can confirm whether it's the internet or the wifi that sucks.

Thanks for the reply I come to the conclusion that it isn't my wifi card its most likely the shitty wifi. I stayed over at my girls house last night played a round of CS on her wifi and I had experienced no lag what so ever.

Thanks for the reply I come to the conclusion that it isn't my wifi card its most likely the shitty wifi. I stayed over at my girls house last night played a round of CS on her wifi and I had experienced no lag what so ever.

Your doing it wrong. Play a round of your girlfriend if you are at her house.

also..pics?

I recently got an alienware r3 15 with the kiler wifi 1435 and these cards are pretty shitty. They are just cheap chines crap. The leads for the antenna break easily because of cheap soldering. I bought a intel 8265 for about $30 and it's alot better performance. The software is alot less bloated. I would recommend you install the intel 8265 in your dell xps.

Back