kill coil in tube reservoir?

babelmh13

Limp Gawd
Heres probably a dumb question. After 2 years im upgrading my loop to include my gpus and intend to run distilled water only for the first time. I read of the importance of a kill coil but i only have a bitspower 250mm inline tube res. (Just upgraded to it; plan to use as a fill port and run inlet/outlet through bottom). I feel like having a kill coil in there will not only make noise from in clinking around in there, but also scratch up the acyrlic at the bottom.. Anybody doing this that can comment? Dont think ive seen kill coils in anything bu drive bay reservoirs in pics.

Thanks

Last edited:
The kill coil won't add any noise to your loop. Air bubbles will be the cause of any noise you encounter.

The kill coil won't add any noise to your loop. Air bubbles will be the cause of any noise you encounter.

well i expect it will bounce around the bottom of my TUBE res since water will be shooting at it from directly underneath

Even if it's bouncing around - which it will probably settle eventually - it's not going to make noise. Kill coils weigh nothing and are a soft metal.

Back