kijikadal For Sale Thread Situation Updates

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1738223

The user kijikadal made the FS thread above.

I sent him a couple of PM's in the days following to which he responded that he sent the stuff to ship to his friend. This past week I was sick but remembered about my CPU which I paid for on 1/06/12. I decided to follow up with a more demanding PM and here's his response.

1/19/13
Hey sorry I havent got back with you in a few days, I have had a horrible nightmare of a week and its not even over, honestly I hate to say it as a man but I just want to cry.

My friend told me the stuff I gave him and his stuff was stolen out of his car, I dont care as much about the parts as my $2,400 Macbook which was with the stuff and already had a sale pending in which I have already refunded along with some of the payments on here. I honestly dont know at this point if hes telling the truth and I was there when he filed the police report so what more can I do besides pay people back?
My internet is shut off and I have paid out every last dollar of my check and will be paying out more out of my next check.
You can call my cell phone directly so you know this isnt bullshit, my name is Dave ***-***-****
If I already refunded you just let me know, if not let me know how much I owe you and the paypal account you paid to since a few payments went directly to my friends account and not mine.

At first I believed him sincerely but then after making my post on his FS thread public, a few replies came in. Apparently 3 of us have paid for the same CPU and received nothing yet.

Current victims:
DexNFx - i5 2500K REFUNDED
NickJames - i5 2500K (1/06/13) REFUNDED BY PAYPAL 2-9-13
nanoscale - WD 2TB, i5 2500K, ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (1/09/13) REFUNDED BY PAYPAL
Revert64 - 6870 REFUNDED BY PAYPAL
DyNe__ - $120 (1/21/13) REFUNDED BY PAYPAL 2-12-13

Known emails/names:
lisa *******
payment@burn********.com

Joseph *****
Joe*****@gmail.com

Now at this point I am very suspicious, he could still redeem himself as he is an 8 year member with good heat but the lack of communication is disturbing. For now I post this as a way to be informed about the situation.

*UPDATE 2-12-13*
By now Paypal should have refunded everyone. No one has heard from kijikadal since the PM. Problem solved by the mystery continues..

*EDIT* 2-15-13
Ok so a few people still haven't gotten their money back, hopefully everyone gets theirs before the end of the month.

Last edited:
That does look suspicious with multiple CPU sales. I'd make a dispute right away just to cover yourself as best as possible.

although it is not that uncommon for someone to have more than one of something, you do need to protect yourself and get the paypal dispute filed right away. it sucks if the story is true, but you gotta protect your own butt so that your money isn't stolen either.

his heat says he did a local deal with someone here......just throwin that out there

Obvious red flags with this guy. His heat is very old and only one local deal since 2003. He would be shipping first to me before he got any money and this isn't hindsight.

I purchased an i3-3225 and 2x4gb RAM on 1/6/13 and received the same PM as above.

his heat says he did a local deal with someone here......just throwin that out there

That would be me :)
A few days before this thread was made, I got some PMs from people asking about his info, since as you can see I am the last deal he got heat for, and it was just last month.

Here is a Copy and Paste of what I sent to those members.

Hi XXX and XXXX ;

Both of you PM'd me about kijikadal, since it seems you both have deals with him and haven't heard from him.

I'll do what I can to help, but cant do much, and here is why.

He PM'd me end of December 2012 in regards to a laptop I had listed. He said he was local and could pay cash if we met, and could I cut him a better price. I said sure and we exchanged numbers. I told him to txt me when he had the cash, and we would meet at a Denny's between where we live.

We met, and introduced ourselves, but to be honest I forgot his first name, and it is not in any of my texts or his PMs.
I never had a email address either.

I let him try the laptop and he paid me cash, and he left. I stayed and finished my coffee. He txt'd me a few more times after that telling me all was well, and I told him to leave me heat and I would do the same.

I have sent him two texts regarding the deals u guys have with him, and last I heard, he said he was just laid off, had no cash, and no net access at home, but was gonna go somewhere to contact you guys.

For what its worth, he did tell me when buying the laptop that he was borrowing money from friends since he was short on cash, and he did bring a friend with him when we met, so I do think maybe he is just trying to sell some stuff to get cash to ship; he was selling a iPhone as well when buying my laptop, but not sure if it sold here or elsewhere.

I do not think it is right for me to give you his number, but, If one or both of you make a thread in the troll forum, and ask a mod to contact me, I'll be happy to give the number to the mod.

I'd also suggest contacting other people from his heat, and see if anyone has a shipping address for him. His city is listed as Clinton Township, MI.

Sorry I cant be more help, but my deal was local and just did not require much info besides cash in hand.

Feel free to email me at my heatware email if u have any other question

Now, I have since found out that he has PM'd some people, and some members here have his phone number, so there is not much else I can offer.

I will say one thing about people who all bought the same exact item.
There is a Microcenter around here, and it is not unheard of for people to buy there stuff when on sale and resell in the forum. Hell, lets be honest, I see traders doing it everyday.

Just recenetly the 2500Ks were being cleared out at $99 there, and they went in a heart beat.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1728474

No reason he could not have picked up a few of those if he was there.

Anyway, a mod or anyone else can feel free to contact me if I can be of any help, but like I said, I just dont think I have anything else to offer.

Good luck to everyone, and if I went by a gut instinct, I would say he was a honest guy when I met him, and would tend to believe he would pay everyone back.

I think everyone that gets a refund, full or partial, needs to post here ASAP.

You guys need to make it a practice to leave a comment that you bought such and such from a seller. This would stop people from buying the same item multiple times, unless seller has a few of them. Leave a "payment sent for _______" and if something is smelly, you guys will know right away.

File your disputes right now. This whole thing reeks of scam. Payment to a friend's account, some to his. Stuff stolen out of car so he'll pay you back later when he gets his check. Sounds like he took a advance on his work check.

I typically post in the thread that payment was sent for XXX, just for this very reason.

You guys need to make it a practice to leave a comment that you bought such and such from a seller. This would stop people from buying the same item multiple times, unless seller has a few of them. Leave a "payment sent for _______" and if something is smelly, you guys will know right away.

File your disputes right now. This whole thing reeks of scam. Payment to a friend's account, some to his. Stuff stolen out of car so he'll pay you back later when he gets his check. Sounds like he took a advance on his work check.

Thing is, he PM'd me saying "let me know when you send payment so I can mark as sold" to which he did immediately after. To be honest I was buying the CPU for my cousin's build that I was helping him with so I really wasn't paying too much attention to it or else I would have followed up much sooner.

Yea unfortunately I've always just been a lurker and never really posted. I can see the importance in marking "Payment sent" or something of the sort in a thread. First time I've had any issues with anyone on the forums. Should we escalate our paypal disputes?

I filed my dispute yesterday and it was automatically escalated by paypal to a claim, something about unable to reach/communicate with seller? Waiting on response from seller, if nothing by the 29th paypal was escalate further and make the decision.

I bought and paid $80 for the 6870 on 1/11/13 and haven't received anything yet. I here's the same PM I got from him.

kijikadal said:
Invalid said:
kijikadal said:
Invalid said:
XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB - $80 (I have 2 of these) Shipped
Both come in original box with all accessories

I will take 1 please send me your Paypal or Amazon email. My heatware is under Invalid

[email protected]

Hello, have you shipped out the item yet? Please let me know what's going on.
Hey sorry I havent got back with you in a few days, I have had a horrible nightmare of a week and its not even over, honestly I hate to say it as a man but I just want to cry.

My friend told me the stuff I gave him and his stuff was stolen out of his car, I dont care as much about the parts as my $2,400 Macbook which was with the stuff and already had a sale pending in which I have already refunded along with some of the payments on here. I honestly dont know at this point if hes telling the truth and I was there when he filed the police report so what more can I do besides pay people back?
My internet is shut off and I have paid out every last dollar of my check and will be paying out more out of my next check.
You can call my cell phone directly so you know this isnt bullshit, my name is Dave 248-513-5373
If I already refunded you just let me know, if not let me know how much I owe you and the paypal account you paid to since a few payments went directly to my friends account and not mine.

Just got this back from paypal.

Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.
•REFUND tracking # REFUND

So I guess I will be getting my refund later once paypal takes a look at it?

Just got this back from paypal.

Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.
•REFUND tracking # REFUND

So I guess I will be getting my refund later once paypal takes a look at it?

If he did ship you something be sure to take photos when opening or even better take a video so you can prove the box was empty should it come to something like that. Do it with a witness available.

Has anyone gotten a refund yet?
I feel kinda used here; he had no new heatware for years, then got one from me in a local deal, which probably helped his rep a ton when making these deals.

I hate to be one of those tin foil hat / conspiracy guys, but could this be part of some master plan? Get current heat from a well known trader, then do this?

He was very nice when we met, but then all this crap happened, and he still hasn't posted in this thread and he must know about it. Communication is everything, even if he has no money to refund right now.

Lack of his posting here pisses me off.

Yeah the lack of communication is one thing that frustrates me. This guy had my money for 2 weeks without saying a word until I demanded something from him. If his story is true then it sucks it happened but you can't ignore your customers.

If he did ship you something be sure to take photos when opening or even better take a video so you can prove the box was empty should it come to something like that. Do it with a witness available.

Definitely, I have a 1080p video camera charged and ready incase he does ship me a rock. But he put REFUND so I am guessing once paypal takes a look they will just refund me.

My claim went from, "Waiting for response from seller", to "Under review by Paypal"

My claim says "Requiring your action" after seller responded with "REFUND tracking # REFUND"

What happens next

Please review the information and let us know how you would like to proceed.

If you've resolved this problem, you can cancel this claim anytime.

If you received the item but it's different than you expected, you can change your reason for this claim.

So I guess I will just sit on this for a bit.

I got the same thing for a couple of days, the email says no further action required. Then after about a week it changed to Under review by Paypal.

Paypal favored in my side, and the money will be reimbursed within 4-5 business days.

Paypal favored in my side, and the money will be reimbursed within 4-5 business days.

Awesome, when did you open your dispute? Mine was opened on the 19th and now under review by paypal since the 25th. Hoping for a response this week.

I just check his heatware and it looks like he got his first negative, from user DexNFx, who states he got his money back after three weeks.

Gah paypal is taking their sweet them with their "review". It's been over a week and haven't gotten my money back. The guy probably zero'd his bank account so paypal might have to take a loss here.

How come after all this he only has one negative heat? I thought 4-5 people were involved.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $80.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

All is well over here. Leaving heat momentarily.

Looks like I am the last victim, hopefully I get mine back soon. Just got burned (literally) on another 2500K purchase attempt and having all these funds on hold SUCKS.

Gah paypal is taking their sweet them with their "review". It's been over a week and haven't gotten my money back. The guy probably zero'd his bank account so paypal might have to take a loss here.
You'll get your money back. They take their sweet-ass time but they almost always cover your ass. Never failed me once. I love paypal. :D

You'll get your money back. They take their sweet-ass time but they almost always cover your ass. Never failed me once. I love paypal. :D

Question: Has PP changed their policy on refunding monies from users who have a $0 balance? I am used to seeing people B&M about getting ripped off on a deal and then complained that while PP ruled in their favor ... there were no funds in the offendors account to refund. Sorry, but you SOL. Now I am seeing references to PP having to "take a loss". I even see "I love PP". This is surprising to me unless PP has decided to change their business model and lose money on all these bad deals.

Question: Has PP changed their policy on refunding monies from users who have a $0 balance? I am used to seeing people B&M about getting ripped off on a deal and then complained that while PP ruled in their favor ... there were no funds in the offenders account to refund. Sorry, but you SOL. Now I am seeing references to PP having to "take a loss". I even see "I love PP". This is surprising to me unless PP has decided to change their business model and lose money on all these bad deals.

They are pretty good on eBay transactions, but I don't think anything else has changed...recovering money from a 0 balance account is probably a pipe dream ...

God damnit, I swear if I am out $150 this is really going to piss me off.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $140.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

Thank god! One of the few times I actually love paypal.

I also received my money back ($120). Opened the case on 1/21 and closed 2/12.

Back