Kid Icarus cartridge goes for 9K

Unopened with receipt of purchase, that's why. It's basically perfectly new as it was when mom walked out of the store with it.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend...d=5733&hash=item4b68ee872e:g:3YkAAOSwJWddUjPN

Just seen this on ebay I could of bought a few dozen games back in the day and never have opened them.
The thing is the opened version goes for about 20.00
Good luck with that. Sealed copies of TLOZ are only worth $200-$300 as it's not a rare game like Kid Icarus. Looks like the seller is looking for some whale who knows nothing about video games to buy it. Or is just listing at this price for attention. The VGA grading means nothing to the wider gaming community.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good luck with that. Sealed copies of TLOZ are only worth $200-$300 as it's not a rare game like Kid Icarus. Looks like the seller is looking for some whale who knows nothing about video games to buy it. Or is just listing at this price for attention. The VGA grading means nothing to the wider gaming community.
If it was the grey cart then maybe worth something. Still no where near that.

There are still a few un located NWC cartridges, and the one that was recently found went for $20k

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/ani...d-in-attic-expected-to-fetch-2410g/vi-AAF8YMy

Damn seems like a short time ago when I bought a copy of this game.

I mean, 9,000 is a decent price don't get me wrong. But had she just invested that 50 bucks in an index fund, she'd probably have close to 3 or 4. Once you subtract opportunity cost the investment isn't really all that good. (basically just an FYI to people thinking about buying videogames and leaving them in a vault for 20 years).

I mean, 9,000 is a decent price don't get me wrong. But had she just invested that 50 bucks in an index fund, she'd probably have close to 3 or 4. Once you subtract opportunity cost the investment isn't really all that good. (basically just an FYI to people thinking about buying videogames and leaving them in a vault for 20 years).
Really don't thing anything released in the past 10-20 years will really be worth any real amount of money like this. CD don't have the appeal of carts. Since games been disc based it was really easy to mass produce a game. You really don't even get a manual or anything with games anymore. Sure there will be a few exceptions of games that got released in low quantities.

Really don't thing anything released in the past 10-20 years will really be worth any real amount of money like this. CD don't have the appeal of carts. Since games been disc based it was really easy to mass produce a game. You really don't even get a manual or anything with games anymore. Sure there will be a few exceptions of games that got released in low quantities.

Well who knows if our kids will collect games. When i was little we played videogames and traded basketball cards... One people buy now, the others were burned.

I collected baseball cards for a while in the 90s. The problem is that collecting became more mainstream then and they began mass producing cards such that even the "rare" ones at the time have not really appreciated in value when i got curious and looked up some of the old cards I had. Similarly, they mass produce the heck out of games today making it so that the supply is so high it is not likely to have availability limited anytime in the near future to drive cost up.

I immediatelly tought of https://www.limitedrungames.com/ I blame metal jesus for me knowing that :p

Back