Kid Arrested For Facebook List that Ranks Girls

And clearly those disputing that guns are no less deadly or better at killing people than knives and bats would feel comfortable arming our troops with nothing but knives and bats?

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes: Way to gun control troll.

Well, it's a good thing we have a representative democracy in place to sort out those sorts of value judgements, don't we?

You seem to have very contradictory thoughts. We should have due process of law, but at the same time we should also have vigilante justice (because only ball-less tyrants solve things legally)?

We have a constitutionally limited republic, not representative democracy. But since our leaders don't follow it, I could see how one might confuse it. A democracy cannot remove my right to life, liberty, happiness or property (they can only use force to prevent me from practicing it)

As for the contradictory thoughts, you might want to re-read my post and take it into proper context... I was clearly asking that guy if he would resort to vigilante justice, and NOT advocating it myself.

Fuck "equal rights" in our country today. Politicians propagate the idea that to be equal, the minority can only be elavated by persecuting the ones they believe to have dominant rights.

This kid gets arrested and this girl from Duke does the same thing and gets a book deal for the same exact behavior. Seriously, WTF?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39552862/ns/today-today_people/

This actually made me laugh and then cringe.

"Thoughtcrime", a glaring omission that eventually bites you back while you supported politicians who pressed for a government in which has jurisdiction over even the smallest social/economical aspects of every individuals life.

Suck it down, America, this is exactly the type of tyranny you deserve when you support such a government who ignores individual liberty.

I think we'll be seeing more and more of this unfortunately. I was watching The Daily Show on which they had clips of the "presidential" debate which none of the front-runners participated in and thought to myself, even if I don't agree with everything he says, man it would be nice if more of our politicians believed in small government the way Ron Paul does. Seriously, dude is out there, but man it should sure make it more interesting.

another fail for the justice system. maybe its illegal to distribute info about minors but i really dont' get why its ILLEGAL FOR MINORS to do so. if adults did it i understand. minors making lists about other minors, no

This will be thrown out for violation of 1st amendment rights... like EVERY "disorderly conduct" arrests based on speech... and I for see the parents suing for the violation and WINNING.

They should have come up with something better to arrest the kid for....

Axe

Big brother is your friend, he didn't think good, now eat your soylent green and shut up.

Seriously, dude is out there, but man it should sure make it more interesting.

Many people think so, until they actually read into what he bases his ideas on. Then you'll find that they have a nearly impossible time proving him wrong, or even that his ideas are anything but "out there".

You can only get so much across in short dialogue, with no background context. Liberals and conservatives alike tend to use that to slander and ridicule their opponents, when their opponents could philosophically, morally, ethically, and logically hand their asses to them given a proper debate.

Disorderly Conduct is such a generally useful charge. Ain't it. Maybe they could have thrown in Defamation and other charges along with it?

If this kid was sent to another school. That could be seen as a favor to him. Imagine going to a school where most of the people think you're a major douche (the 50 girls, along with their boy and girl friends, and any person of even modest taste).

Defamation is very specific, while disorderly conduct evidently covers damn near everything. its almost as handy a charge as "Crimes against the state" or "enemy of the people" :rolleyes:

the ACLU better jump all over this one, you don't see a more obvious 1st amendent case than this.

We have a constitutionally limited republic, not representative democracy. But since our leaders don't follow it, I could see how one might confuse it. A democracy cannot remove my right to life, liberty, happiness or property (they can only use force to prevent me from practicing it)

As for the contradictory thoughts, you might want to re-read my post and take it into proper context... I was clearly asking that guy if he would resort to vigilante justice, and NOT advocating it myself.

Ah I see, you're coming from a Natural Law type of standpoint. I think I agree with you on some levels but most likely would strongly disagree on others.

Ah I see, you're coming from a Natural Law type of standpoint. I think I agree with you on some levels but most likely would strongly disagree on others.

Yes, I'm speaking of what philosophically is correct, and not the abortion of a government in which exists now.

Zarathustra[H];1037238358 said:
Quite frankly, if you have "babe wallpaper" on your computer or your phone, or you talk to friends about "hot girls" you are really nothing but a disgusting low-brow male pig, and people like that should be chastised as hard as possibly allowed.

If you are slimy enough to have thoughts about sex/sexuality/women as you go about your day, you should really just keep them to yourself.

You, are scary. and possibly broken.

I work in a hospital. the male/female ratio is about 20/80. I have heard nearly as many lewd, crude, and disgusting things from the women I work around, than I did while serving in an combat unit in the US army. did I take offense? did I complain to human resources that I was offended and wanted the disgusting low brow female pigs all fired and/or charged with a crime?

no, because normal people. male or female, think about sex, talk about sex, and wow, actually "do it" all the time. as long as its done with restraint, and common sense, Just. let. it. slide.

people like you, should be screened from the workplace, and placed in buildings all by themselves, to work with like minded people. locked away from normal people so they can't harm anyone.

Zarathustra[H said:
]
If you are slimy enough to have thoughts about sex/sexuality/women as you go about your day, you should really just keep them to yourself.

That's your opinion, but unless you are ready to pull out the gun and force people to comply (or cowardly run to the government to have them do it for you), then you can stuff it.

I don't do the things you find appauling, but I find you appauling. Live how you want to live, but if you want to force others to live the way you see fit I think that is a magnitude more times offensive than any comment a man could make about a woman.

So the kid makes a list of the local sluts and gets arrested for it. Parents cheer, instead of looking at the list and going "maybe I should start being a parent now..."

Lovely.

Its really sad if this lands the kids in jail. I remember in high school lists like that going around but this was also right before MySpace and Facebook, but no one got arrested or expelled. Oh how the times have changed :\

Kind of sad, I read an article a while back talking about how hard it is these days to get a job with blemishes on your record and the fact that a larger percentage of the nation now have blemishes due to police being arrest happy and attorneys wanting to prosecute anything that moves. Kids are stupid just like adults can be as well but screwing up a persons future before they have a chance is just messed up. It really is time for an over haul of our justice system...

Record shouldn't only state if you were charged? I mean, If they arrest me for whatever but can't prove me guilty (so I'm innocent), why should that get into my records?

wow, if I found out some guy in my little girl's school made Facebook lists of her sexual activities and preferences be it true or not, he'll be wishing he was safe in jail.

Yes, as that its easier to:
a) Properly take care of your daughter.
b) Teach sexual education to her and self-respect.
c) etc.

People don't start sex at 27 when they get married, god damn it, its kinda weird these days to find girls older than 16-17 that are still virgin.

Zarathustra[H];1037238373 said:
The countries in which offenses like not following a accepted religion, being unpatriotic or burning a flag are punishable at all are not free countries. The right to burn flags

I can't believe you are telling me that. Even here, where patriotism is always on a minus something level (aka no patriotism at all), burning a flag is SEVERELY CHARGED as its a fucking insult against the whole nation and every single people that not only works for it but also for those that believe in it.

Don't understand why burning a flag would be a right you have, when the flag is probably the biggest symbol you could ever have in a country, and burning it has a TON of implications none of them are any good for nobody.

The problem these days with schools/kids is that many parents are not parents, they are pitiful friends that happen to pay the bills.

A friend of mine is a teacher and says he gets more crap from parents these days then the kids. A kid actually came to him and said his parents said he was a bad teacher and the reason the kid got a bad grade.... His reply "No, you don't do your homework, that is why you got a bad grade".

When I went to school, the teacher was law, if he/she made up crap it didn't matter my parents almost always sided with the teacher and made sure to "correct" the issue. They would tell me life isn't fair, one day you will have a boss that makes stuff up so deal with it.

I'm with you on that. When I went to schoold I tried to stay out of trouble, not only because I would be punished at school, but because school would call my parents and I would get punished even more severely. No questions asked: my teachers had nearly god-like status.

Which is something I totally agree with because the only way for a young-lad to respect somebody is to know that person has some power over you. If you do whatever you want, teacher punishes but then mum/dad come raging about "my son is an angel you are a fucking useless teacher" then...how the heck is the boy going to learn respect for other people? When he is in jail? :rolleyes:

That's exactly why the 2nd Amendment exists, you gotta carry.

I bet if he had carried he would be dead by now.

Men should be chastised for being men? What has this country come to?

Some people don't seem to understand that our hormones are everything. We look at "hot" babes not because "they are hot" but because it is in our nature to select the best possible partner, and that includes all specs. So, which is the first spec of a person that you get? Physical condition. When you look at somebody you don't get his curriculum, nor his preferences, sport of choice or whatever crap, no: you see how "well-built" that person is and thus its the first thing you "compare".

Because yes, some part of us is still an animal. Instinct drives us to the hottest babe because unconsciously we see that as the best possible partner in order to have better kids.

---

What really bothers me is that for some reason we "protect" women, when we shouldn't. If you talk about a women its sexism..when women talk about mens ass then its not. Looking at women breasts is offensive...but for women to do so ain't.

How is that stupid crap fair? My friends talk about sex because that is part of our nature: doesn't matter your gender, WE ALL LIKE SEX.

I can't believe you are telling me that. Even here, where patriotism is always on a minus something level (aka no patriotism at all), burning a flag is SEVERELY CHARGED as its a fucking insult against the whole nation and every single people that not only works for it but also for those that believe in it.

It isn't illegal to burn the US flag, though I have no clue what country you're from.

You're also assuming the girls in question did participate in the alleged sexual activities.

The rest of your post is all over the place.

You, are scary. and possibly broken.

I work in a hospital. the male/female ratio is about 20/80. I have heard nearly as many lewd, crude, and disgusting things from the women I work around, than I did while serving in an combat unit in the US army. did I take offense? did I complain to human resources that I was offended and wanted the disgusting low brow female pigs all fired and/or charged with a crime?

no, because normal people. male or female, think about sex, talk about sex, and wow, actually "do it" all the time. as long as its done with restraint, and common sense, Just. let. it. slide.

people like you, should be screened from the workplace, and placed in buildings all by themselves, to work with like minded people. locked away from normal people so they can't harm anyone.

Going to have to disagree again.

In my almost 10 years of working professionally (Engineer, first in Aerospace and later in Medical Device) I have never once run in to anyone who conducted themselves that way. I hard a story once that went something like "we had some lewd who worked here 10 years ago who would made sexually inappropriate comments, lewd remarks and talked about his sex life. He got fired really quickly". It was so unusual that even 10 years later people are still talking about him.

I never really even thought about sexual harassment (except for the periodic useless workplace training) before I randomly saw the movie "North Country" which really changed my perspective on things. I am male, but I couldn't even imagine working under the conditions of some of the women in that film. These days I am an anti-sexual harassment zealot, and I am proud of that fact.

Having an occasional sexual thought is one thing. We all do on occasion. Knowing to keep it to yourself is the important part. I have absolutely zero respect for people who have no control of themselves.

When I hear of dudes going to places like Hooters or strip clubs, I do think they are disgusting pigs and douchebags with an absolutely disgusting lack of self control.

I haven't seen any pr0n or nude pics in over 15 years. I have never been to a hooters, and never plan on going I have only once been to a strip club, because I was dragged there by some douche bag so-called friends. I hated every second of it.

If being "normal" in your view doesn't include being respectful to the opposite gender as an equal, not as a piece of flesh, and not checking out any other woman than my fiancé, then quite frankly I am proud to not be normal. I am proud to not be a douche bag.

Quite frankly, those that disagree on this, I can not even be friends with. I consider them sub-human dirt.

Yes, as that its easier to:
a) Properly take care of your daughter.
b) Teach sexual education to her and self-respect.
c) etc.

People don't start sex at 27 when they get married, god damn it, its kinda weird these days to find girls older than 16-17 that are still virgin.

Be as it may, it's not for someone else, particularly some creepy pervert to post about in a public web site. If my daughter had sex with another guy, that's his and her business and I would have a talk with her about safety and all that. I would not broadcast it for the world to know about. I'd still beat the fuck out of that kid.

Our little girl's only 11 (and 5), so we don't have to worry about that right now, thankfully. :-P

Give it a couple more years.

What happened to angry fathers / boyfriends / the girls beating the guy up?

Or hell arrest him just to scare him a bit, don't need to press charges, waste so much money and fuck up his life for some fairly normal teenage boy activities.

Zarathustra[H];1037239489 said:

In my almost 10 years of working professionally (Engineer, first in Aerospace and later in Medical Device) I have never once run in to anyone who conducted themselves that way. I hard a story once that went something like "we had some lewd who worked here 10 years ago who would made sexually inappropriate comments, lewd remarks and talked about his sex life. He got fired really quickly". It was so unusual that even 10 years later people are still talking about him.

I never really even thought about sexual harassment (except for the periodic useless workplace training) before I randomly saw the movie "North Country" which really changed my perspective on things. I am male, but I couldn't even imagine working under the conditions of some of the women in that film. These days I am an anti-sexual harassment zealot, and I am proud of that fact.

Having an occasional sexual thought is one thing. We all do on occasion. Knowing to keep it to yourself is the important part. I have absolutely zero respect for people who have no control of themselves.

When I hear of dudes going to places like Hooters or strip clubs, I do think they are disgusting pigs and douchebags with an absolutely disgusting lack of self control.

I haven't seen any pr0n or nude pics in over 15 years. I have never been to a hooters, and never plan on going I have only once been to a strip club, because I was dragged there by some douche bag so-called friends. I hated every second of it.

If being "normal" in your view doesn't include being respectful to the opposite gender as an equal, not as a piece of flesh, and not checking out any other woman than my fiancé, then quite frankly I am proud to not be normal. I am proud to not be a douche bag.

Quite frankly, those that disagree on this, I can not even be friends with. I consider them sub-human dirt.

If you try masturbating, you may not get so wound up.

And in a free country you have the right to insult whomever you want.

The United States Supreme Court in Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), and reaffirmed in U.S. v. Eichman, 496 U.S. 310 (1990), has ruled that due to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, it is unconstitutional for a government (whether federal, state, or municipality) to prohibit the desecration of a flag, due to its status as "symbolic speech."

If we charge people for flag burning, then whats next? Arresting people for disagreeing with government policy? Sending out armed state thugs to beat up anyone who disagrees with "dear leader"?

It's a slippery slope down the road to despotism, right up there next to Turkey charging people with the offense of "Insulting Turkishness" for referring to the well documented genocide of Armenian people as a genocide.

A free country can have no law that prevents people from expressing their opinions. If it does, it is not a free country.

A flag - any flag - is just a piece of cloth, regardless of what is printed on it, and burning it should be perfectly legal. I have no intent of ever burning a U.S. flag, but if I buy something, it is perfectly within my right to burn my own property, as long as I do so in a safe fashion without violating any fire control safety laws.

There are many opinions I don't like. But part of living in a free country is that we defend the right of ALL people to express their opinions regardless of how much we dislike them.

If you do not support this freedom, then you are not supporting the freedom that you proclaim to love with your adoration of the U.S. flag.

Having an occasional sexual thought is one thing. We all do on occasion. Knowing to keep it to yourself is the important part. I have absolutely zero respect for people who have no control of themselves..................

..................If being "normal" in your view doesn't include being respectful to the opposite gender as an equal, not as a piece of flesh, and not checking out any other woman than my fiancé, then quite frankly I am proud to not be normal. I am proud to not be a douche bag.

Blatant over the top sexual references are recognized as being unacceptable behavoir, yes.

Your comments on sexual references imply you have a lack of tolerance well outside the norm. when someone has a swimsuit model from SI as a wallpaper, and you would have them "chastised" for it, that is a far cry from blatant sexual harassment. I am sure we both have sat through the mandatory sexual harassment classes most large companies use as training now. your definition is well past what any reasonable person would consider as sexual harassment. isn't that the gold standard in corporate America now?

What any reasonable person would consider as offensive.

If, in your personal life, you prefer not to be exposed to such things as hooters and strip clubs, that is perfectly fine. I don't go there either, I don't buy porn. but I am not offended by the wide range of normal human interaction that you seem to be. thats fine too, but don't attempt to impose your value set on the rest of the human race, as has become far to common in recent years. A measure of tolerance is very handy at reducing workplace friction.

dont_tread_on_me.jpg

God do I hate disorderly conduct!!! It is one of those laws you can't believe are on the books and somehow survive. It is so general as to be applicable to any and all situations. This kid will absolutely not be found guilty. This is an example of wrongful arrest and overzealous grandstanding by Police and a DA trying to make a point. I would even say the kid shouldn't have been expelled, but he did print off those hundres of copies for distribution which school's have long held as a no-no.

I don't go there either, I don't buy porn.

I lol'd.

I love the fact that people try to impose their thought processes and morals very forcefully. It's laughable that people don't argue with facts but more of what they feel should be right. This will be taken to court and it will probably be thrown into the Supreme Court where THEY are the only ones who are allowed to interpret the Constitution, ie free speech (Judicial Review yay AP Gov).

If your daughter has sex with another guy, how would Mr. Creepy know, unless she or the boyfriend are already sharing their exploits publicly?

Also, to me, this sounds like the kid was doing it maliciously (handing out photocopies.) The things he said were probably not true, and should be considered defamation and handled as such. It can be criminal in some states and will land you civil suits in others. If the list was just his opinions on breast sizes, or other public facts then it's probably covered by freedom of speech.

BTW, Magic Johnson is a slut (he's admitted to multiple partners) and I don't think he's very attractive.

Don't you dare say a negative thing about Magic Johnson.

magicjohnsonqgq.jpg

(one of my bands promo pics)

I'm waiting for the ACLU to step in and defend the kid and sue the city/school for violating his first amendment rights.

So in other words the feminists have succeeded in castrating you.

I feel sorry for you.

Ya while its a asshole thing to do I dont see how the lone act of posting a list can be criminal.. and even civil is out the window if what was posted has any truth to it.

Likely gonna see this end in a cash settlement to the arrested person. Assuming this is some sort of city ordinance?

Zarathustra[H];1037238358 said:
Quite frankly, if you have "babe wallpaper" on your computer or your phone, or you talk to friends about "hot girls" you are really nothing but a disgusting low-brow male pig, and people like that should be chastised as hard as possibly allowed.

Lol are you serious? My fiancee and her friends talk about hot guys etc as well. Perhaps leave the cave you live in for a few hours.

Lol at some of the comments in this thread. Who cares if the kid listed it and they rank girls or whatever. Also to the people saying you would beat that kids ass if they posted stuff about your daughter's, maybe you should be more worried more about your daughters out slutting around than some teenage boys posting if they are a freak in the bed or not.

So carrying a little black book that basically does the same thing is different how?

So carrying a little black book that basically does the same thing is different how?

See, if people would read the article and not the sensationalist headlines this site writes, you'll see the kid not only created a list but distributed it in person, on facebook, around the school, and generally made the information public.

We have laws for doing that. Libel for one.

Arrested? Really?

The more I realize how the first amendment doesn't actually mean what I thought it means, the sadder I get.

I hope the father of that one girl gets arrested for something similar he thought was protected, I really do.

Back