Kid Arrested For Facebook List that Ranks Girls

We had these lists all the time when I was a kid, we just didn't have facebook back then. haha

Okay, wait, so I can go to a bar and put numbers to girls and I'm okay, but if I actually write a list then it's unlawful?

I was talking to my girlfriend about this article and she thinks the boy was probably sent to jail for his protection. Imagine 50 angry fathers and brothers and boyfriends raining hell on him.

I was talking to my girlfriend about this article and she thinks the boy was probably sent to jail for his protection. Imagine 50 angry fathers and brothers and boyfriends raining hell on him.

Possibly, we will have to wait and see if the charge is droped or not. More then likely it will.

Yeah but guns are illegal there, which means people cannot murder each other.

Uh when I was in junior high, this exact same thing happened, but it was a list of guys. No one cared. It was before the days of Facebook though, so maybe that's the difference?

All this crap happened in my junior high school too. But then I also carried a switchblade and throwing stars to school on a regular basis from about the fourth grade to the eighth and ate peanuts and peanut butter at school too. Any of that is grounds for suspension in a lot of school districts if not outright expulsion these days.

How this country pulls bullshit like this while trying to teach kids that America is all about freedom is beyond me.

I think what really happened was that the list got into the hands of the wrong people and the kid got outted for it, apparently the PC people at the school decided to be draconic and punish the kid for his Pentagon Papers.

Dude, rating the other sex happens everyday, you do it in your mind, you do it in conversations with friends and acquaintances when you are both looking around together, you do it with strangers who catch your eye and you both admire someone else in the immediate surroundings.

Only thing this guy did was make a list for it if he had simply just verbalized it amongst his cohorts, this would be a non issue.

Yeah but guns are illegal there, which means people cannot murder each other.

I know. I am only 10 minutes from Oak Park right now. But guns aren't the only things that can kill. I'm sure you're being sarcastic though ;)

"Dale Jones, father of one of the girls, said while he welcomed the arrest, he was concerned that a disorderly conduct charge was not serious enough of a response for a “very serious offense that affected many people.”"

Really, Dale? The kid made a list. I fail to see how that could possibly be grounds for an arrest. School suspension or other punishment, sure, but I really don't see how it should land the kid in jail.

It's called Defamation, which is a crime and treated as such.

Yeah! I wish they would send more a holes to jail like this duche bag.

You can flip off a police officer, burn an American flag publicly, yell from the streets that you will be damned for eternity if you do not follow a certain religion, you can protest outside military funerals "you deserved this," "God killed you" and the like but a list on what girls have done gets jail time? This country has changed for the worst when many of those offenses are punishable by death in some countries.

ONLY if he was making it up. If he is telling the TRUTH he is is protected by most legal precedents.

Unless it is categorized as sexual harassment...

I think some action is appropriate, the question is what?

I mean, if you can get fired for sexual harassment from a job for having a swimsuit calendar or babe desktop backgrounds even with clothed or non exposed women, then - even if you don't believe this is wrong (I believe it is wrong) - there is an argument for punitive measures to be taken just to prepare the kids for the workplace...

I think the topic of sexual harassment is often underplayed and under emphasized by men.

The short rule is is if it has anything to do with sex, sexuality, genders, etc. whether in spoken, written, joke, whatever form it has no place in the workplace, and by extension any school.

A few examples of illegal sexual harassment (I just grabbed from a webpage)
  • Direct or indirect threats or bribes for unwanted sexual activity
  • Sexual innuendos and comments "look at th legs on that one"
  • Intrusive sexually explicit questions
  • Sexually suggestive sounds or gestures such as sucking noises, winks, or pelvic thrusts
  • Repeatedly asking a person out for dates, or to have sex
  • Touching, patting, punching, stroking, squeezing, tickling, or brushing against a person
  • A neck/shoulder massage
  • Rating a person's sexuality
  • Ogling or leering, staring at a woman's breast or a man's derriere
  • Spreading rumors about a person's sexuality
  • Name-calling, such as bitch, whore, or slut
  • Sexual Ridicule
  • Jokes about sex or males/females
  • Letters, notes, telephone calls, or material of a sexual nature
  • Pervasive displays of pictures, calendars, cartoons, or other materials with sexually explicit or graphic content or otherwise offensive content, including clothed "babe" pictures for "appreciating the human form"
  • Stalking a person
  • Attempted or actual sexual assault

If you met a really hot girl this weekend. Don't talk about it. Never mention hotness/bodily features/ "what you'd like to do to her".

Essentially, in the workplace/school/most social engagements there is no place for sex or sexuality in any form. If the border does not come naturally to you It is simply best to yourself be, and treat everyone around you like non-gendered robots. That's not a pretty girl, it's a coworker or a fellow student.

While the above are illegal in the workplace (and yes, schools are a workplace) I don't have particularly high regards for people who violate these concepts on their own time either.

Quite frankly, if you have "babe wallpaper" on your computer or your phone, or you talk to friends about "hot girls" you are really nothing but a disgusting low-brow male pig, and people like that should be chastised as hard as possibly allowed.

If you are slimy enough to have thoughts about sex/sexuality/women as you go about your day, you should really just keep them to yourself.

I'd beat the little kid's ass for posting shit about my daughter...but jail?
Tbh, the attention that ass will receive in jail beats beating it and risk an assault and battery charge yourself.

This country has changed for the worst when many of those offenses are punishable by death in some countries.

The countries in which offenses like not following a accepted religion, being unpatriotic or burning a flag are punishable at all are not free countries. The right to burn flags, not love our country, choose whatever religion we want, or none at all are what makes our country (and the many countries like it) great.

This should never be confused with sexual harassment, which is not a right or a freedom.

I don't think anyone's gonna really dispute that a "crime" occured, but don't you all think that there are better ways to spend our taxpayer dollars, court, and police resources than this?

All the school shoulda done was just suspend or expel him, nothing more.

Isn't Chicago the same place where kids were getting shot at bus stops??

I honestly don't think it is a crime for some kids ranking the looks and characteristics of girls in his class. Kids that age have always done things like that, it just wasn't posted online. It's not the right thing to do, but that can't be a crime if you ask me.

It's the insulting names, allegations, and other shenanigansthat he posted that I have a big problem with.

Its ok, guns dont kill people anyway, other people do!!! :D

Guns don't kill people, but they definitely help :p

How often do you read about mass stabbings by a crazy individual? Or better yet, mass beatings by a lone batsman? :p

:D

the most stupid law yet....who comes up with these laws, a list to rank girls, nothing wrong with that, unless of course there ranking girls younger than age 12 then yes I would agree.

Zarathustra[H];1037238358 said:
Quite frankly, if you have "babe wallpaper" on your computer or your phone, or you talk to friends about "hot girls" you are really nothing but a disgusting low-brow male pig, and people like that should be chastised as hard as possibly allowed.

If you are slimy enough to have thoughts about sex/sexuality/women as you go about your day, you should really just keep them to yourself.

Grow up.

I don't think anyone's gonna really dispute that a "crime" occured, but don't you all think that there are better ways to spend our taxpayer dollars, court, and police resources than this?

All the school shoulda done was just suspend or expel him, nothing more.

Isn't Chicago the same place where kids were getting shot at bus stops??

Im sorry i dont see a crime here. Distasteful to some, sure. And it opens a huge door for libel or slander, but i see no CRIMINAL behavior. 1st amendment issue all the way. He wasnt inciting others to violence but merely expressing his opinion. You might not like it, but its not up to you to judge.

I don't even see a problem at all.
If I was a parent of a girl on his list, I'd call his parents, or even encourage my daughter to blog about him in response, maybe even a list of her own, but I see no crime here at all.

Freedom of Speech! so I can say "kiss my grits!"

This is Chicago, where money can get you anything. Guns are everywhere in Chicago.

Only if you are a criminal. Law abiding citizens have to go through HELL to purchase one.
Isn't Chicago the city that stopped tracking Rape, in part because the numbers were so high?

If every woman carried a pistol, Rape would no longer be a problem. and we wouldn't even need to bother with courts either ! :)

I know. I am only 10 minutes from Oak Park right now. But guns aren't the only things that can kill. I'm sure you're being sarcastic though ;)

My first computer job was delivering computers to drug rehab centers in various areas of the Chicago suburbs. In 11 of the 13 locations, I saw gang members in clear view wielding guns within a block of these centers.

In one case, within 100 feet of the entrance. (Thankfully, I was driving my POS Ford Taurus at the time. If I would have had a better car, this probably would have turned out differently.) They came up to me as I was pulling the computer out of the car and asked "What're you doing here whitey?" I simply responded that I was delivering the computer to the drug rehab center. They approved and let me by without trouble, but they were all armed, and some had multiple guns.

in the two years I did computer repair work in Chicago, I ran into these situations more times than I could count. However, I was only robbed three times, and that was all in the same 4 month stretch working at one location, in the same parking lot, in Elmhurst, at the same company, robbed by the same guy with a little .38 revolver. When the police were called, they'd show up 30-45 minutes later after the guy was long gone. they'd take a report and pretty much do nothing else. He'd robbed probably 20-25 other people, each multiple times. He was never caught that I ever heard about.

The Police don't do squat in Chicago or the suburbs.

oh please, everyone acts like they got kicked in the pussy these days.

They should have suspended him, make him personally apologize to each person. Then his parents should have kicked and grounded his ass.

The problem these days with schools/kids is that many parents are not parents, they are pitiful friends that happen to pay the bills.

A friend of mine is a teacher and says he gets more crap from parents these days then the kids. A kid actually came to him and said his parents said he was a bad teacher and the reason the kid got a bad grade.... His reply "No, you don't do your homework, that is why you got a bad grade".

When I went to school, the teacher was law, if he/she made up crap it didn't matter my parents almost always sided with the teacher and made sure to "correct" the issue. They would tell me life isn't fair, one day you will have a boss that makes stuff up so deal with it.

Well there is a crime against destruction of reputation. Which I think can easily apply in this case, assuming that the stories are false.

On the other hand, this kid is just a kid. He's in high school and everyone in high school is driven by hormones. Arrest and jail time are way too harsh of a punishment, but at the same time the kid does deserve suspension and some discipline.

I also would love to rant about the clothing worn by women today and how it almost begs to be made into sexual objects but fuck it.

My first computer job was delivering computers to drug rehab centers in various areas of the Chicago suburbs. In 11 of the 13 locations, I saw gang members in clear view wielding guns within a block of these centers.

In one case, within 100 feet of the entrance. (Thankfully, I was driving my POS Ford Taurus at the time. If I would have had a better car, this probably would have turned out differently.) They came up to me as I was pulling the computer out of the car and asked "What're you doing here whitey?" I simply responded that I was delivering the computer to the drug rehab center. They approved and let me by without trouble, but they were all armed, and some had multiple guns.

in the two years I did computer repair work in Chicago, I ran into these situations more times than I could count. However, I was only robbed three times, and that was all in the same 4 month stretch working at one location, in the same parking lot, in Elmhurst, at the same company, robbed by the same guy with a little .38 revolver. When the police were called, they'd show up 30-45 minutes later after the guy was long gone. they'd take a report and pretty much do nothing else. He'd robbed probably 20-25 other people, each multiple times. He was never caught that I ever heard about.

The Police don't do squat in Chicago or the suburbs.

That's exactly why the 2nd Amendment exists, you gotta carry.

Disorderly conduct is a very ambiguous charge.

Though if you read the article, the kid did post publicly about girls alleged sexual activities. That's a no-no.
If they're true and he can back those claims (one way or another) then there's nothing wrong with that.

Free speech and all but once you start spouting off slander/libel then you're not protected.

Back