Kickstarter Game Has Four Hour Long Credits

HardOCP News

[H] News
How long does it take to thank 70,000 Kickstarter backers? Just short of 4 hours. While that may seem comical, and the game hasn't received very good reviews, at least it was finished and backers not only got the game, they were acknowledged in the credits.

Played a little of Mighty Number 9. While it's not anything special, imho it's not nearly as bad as everyone's saying. Yes, the promo video was atrocious, and the graphics are pretty ugly (if only it was cell shaded instead), but overall I don't see the reason for all the hate. I didn't bother watching the credits though.

I especially like the completely unnecessary and laughable "A Generous Backer" that is repeated for about 90% of the names.

I like the game so far and it has reminded me how hard the Mega Man games are lol.

"Wait for it...wait for it...wait for it..."

3.5hrs later

"THERE!! That's me!"

"Hello? Where'd everyone go?"

Any idea if Mighty #9 is going to have community backed mods possible? Thinking theres a lot about the core game that is good, but the public could polish up a few of the rough edges.

Why not just put them randomly in loading screens? Kinda like Kojima puts his name 6 times in the loading credits.

"Developers want to thank ****" where **** is a name pulled from a list not to be repeated.

Ive been enjoying this game very much. It immediately reminded me why I bought the Nintendo controller with autofire.

Interesting to see the positive reviews on [H] for this game...the general impression that I got from most other people was that this game was kind of a failure.

Interesting to see the positive reviews on [H] for this game...the general impression that I got from most other people was that this game was kind of a failure.
It defeinitely is as a mm successor. As a game itself, it's not bad. Just not good.

I don't see the reason for all the hate.

The fact that it got like $4,000,000 and 4 years of work and people basically got a simplistic mobile game.

I don't think it and it's creators deserve death threats or anything but it's still some fucking bullshit.

This looks like it plays worse than Megaman X, and artistically it looks like it's way worse too :(

Played a little of Mighty Number 9. While it's not anything special, imho it's not nearly as bad as everyone's saying. Yes, the promo video was atrocious, and the graphics are pretty ugly (if only it was cell shaded instead), but overall I don't see the reason for all the hate. I didn't bother watching the credits though.

The problem is it doesn't look like it was developed on a 7 million dollar budget.

I have enjoyed this game so far. It reminds me, very much, of the controller throwing rage inducing mega man series. I still prefer the Mega Man X universe myself.

For people saying it reminds you of Mega Man: When was the last time you played one of the better MM games? MN9 is more like 6 or 7, then a good MM game. The level design is complete shit. The sound design is ass. The difficulty scaling sucks, nothing is consistent as far as difficulty goes. The enemy designs looks like they asked a bunch of grand school kids what looked good. And dear god the art style is horrific. X7 looks better than MN9 (though it is a significantly worse game in every regard). MN9 has solid controls and there are good guts to the gameplay but everything else surrounding it is just bad. If this was a real MM game it would be up there as one of the worst in the franchise.

It can be... if You donT die, you can probably beat it in less than 4 hours, but You can beat an of the megaman games in less than 4 hours, I think.

MM9 really wasn't a great game, I regret using money to buy it. That said, I only plaYed mm1-3, and the first 6 x games.

Fuck this keYboard....

Thanks for making me feel so old. I played the first 3 Mega Man games when they released.

Back