Keys displaying wrong characters

B

bostesseger69

Ok....My (at) key is showing " instead of the at sign, and the key next to it is displaying £ instead of the tic tac toe sign, anyone know how to fix this?

This happens generally after a drink has been spilled on the keyboard. Just go buy another keyboard

Is it possible that someone changed you regional settings in the control panel? I've got to imagine that a "british/ united kingdom keyboard layout would have the £ character somewhere

edit: looks like I might be correct.. check out the keyboard layout for a UK computer ..

hulksterjoe said:
Is it possible that someone changed you regional settings in the control panel? I've got to imagine that a "british/ united kingdom keyboard layout would have the £ character somewhere

edit: looks like I might be correct.. check out the keyboard layout for a UK computer ..
This is an old school prank. Consider someone is fucking around with you...

Try opening the control panel (change it to classic view), and clicking the “Regional and Language Options” icon.
Go to the “Languages” tab and click “Details”, from there you can change the preferred language of the keyboard.

If it is a prank, they did a really bad job of it :p Everyone knows that if you really want to mess with a QWERTY typist, you change their keyboard layout to Divorak :D (Vice versa for Divorak typists)

Unknown-One said:
Try opening the control panel (change it to classic view), and clicking the “Regional and Language Options” icon.
Go to the “Languages” tab and click “Details”, from there you can change the preferred language of the keyboard.

If it is a prank, they did a really bad job of it :p Everyone knows that if you really want to mess with a QWERTY typist, you change their keyboard layout to Divorak :D (Vice versa for Divorak typists)
Meh, that's obvious. I like the one where you change M and N on the keyboard layout, then change the characters on the keyboard so it matches. They keyboard still works, but the layout is unlike any in the world. :)

Phoenix86 said:
Meh, that's obvious. I like the one where you change M and N on the keyboard layout, then change the characters on the keyboard so it matches. They keyboard still works, but the layout is unlike any in the world. :)
How do you change individual characters on the keyboard? I've only ever heard of changing the whole layout.

Unknown-One said:
How do you change individual characters on the keyboard? I've only ever heard of changing the whole layout.
Hmm, I'm not seeing that option in the layout properties. There is a "key" option that's greyed out on my system, that may be where it is.

Could have been 3rd party software too... Not 100% sure on the method.

Back