Keyboard Waffle Iron Kickstarter

I remember seeing pics years ago. I thought it was a joke that would never actually happen.

0Zk5JaL.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm definitely in for one! :cool:

It's a cool idea and all, but $60.00 for a waffle iron that has no heating element is ridiculously expensive. A quick look on amazon shows countless waffle makers for less than half that. They may not be great, but I could bring it to work and make waffles for co-workers. No can do with this.

OTOH, this might look cool in on shelf.

I needed a new oven and like the geek I am, bought an induction unit. I love it and it is defiantly the coolest oven in the world. It boils water faster then you can say "Wow this water boils really fast" a few times for 2 to 3 minutes...

BUT! It leaves me unavailable for cool items like this. :(

Make me a cast iron unit and you've got my money!!!

It's a cool idea and all, but $60.00 for a waffle iron that has no heating element is ridiculously expensive. A quick look on amazon shows countless waffle makers for less than half that. They may not be great, but I could bring it to work and make waffles for co-workers. No can do with this.
That, and it looks too wide to be able to cook evenly over a regular stove burner.

Just this morning, my ladyfriend made me the crappiest waffles I have ever eaten in my life, and I had to pretend to tolerate the brick I choked down and resist slapping her for incompetence.

1) Never use a premix!
2) Use vegetable oil IN the mix, not just spray on the waffle iron
3) Use milk, not water
4) Mix in a bit of cream corn unless you really hate corn
5) You don't pour in the eggs like a retard and massively stir it like Michael J Fox, you separate the yolks and beat the whites on their own until they are firm. Then you can fold everything together gently.
6) STOP CHECKING THE WAFFLE! Just set the timer, and preferably use a flip iron for more consistent cooking, and flip half way through. If you can't remember or trust it, just watch for the steam to be minimal/nearly stop.
7) Syrup should be lightly warmed and preferably use heavy whipping cream or extra creamy if you need to use a can.

It's a cool idea and all, but $60.00 for a waffle iron that has no heating element is ridiculously expensive.
My sentiments that it would just be fun for the novelty, but on the plus side the cheap ones usually don't have removable plates, and this one you can just throw in the top rack of your dishwasher.

Also if you go camping, you could use this over a fire, which you can't with electric ones.

Hopefully it has a quality anti-stick coating.

Regarding it being long, most are that shape anyway really, and usually the mass of the metal kind of evens it out. For the home, I do prefer a simple flipping style waffle iron though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just this morning, my ladyfriend made me the crappiest waffles I have ever eaten in my life, and I had to pretend to tolerate the brick I choked down and resist slapping her for incompetence.

1) Never use a premix!
2) Use vegetable oil IN the mix, not just spray on the waffle iron
3) Use milk, not water
4) Mix in a bit of cream corn unless you really hate corn
5) You don't pour in the eggs like a retard and massively stir it like Michael J Fox, you separate the yolks and beat the whites on their own until they are firm. Then you can fold everything together gently.
6) STOP CHECKING THE WAFFLE! Just set the timer, and preferably use a flip iron for more consistent cooking, and flip half way through. If you can't remember or trust it, just watch for the steam to be minimal/nearly stop.
7) Syrup should be lightly warmed and preferably use heavy whipping cream or extra creamy if you need to use a can.

1 and 2 are correct. 3 should says "Use butter milk, not milk." I don't know what 4 is, so I'll just assume it's wrong. 5 is unnecessary. 6 is probably right.7: seriously, you're using whipping cream with syrup? WTF is wrong with you?

My sentiments that it would just be fun for the novelty, but on the plus side the cheap ones usually don't have removable plates, and this one you can just throw in the top rack of your dishwasher.

Also if you go camping, you could use this over a fire, which you can't with electric ones.

Regarding it being long, most are that shape anyway really, and usually the mass of the metal kind of evens it out. For the home, I do prefer a simple flipping style waffle iron though.

When I go camping eggs and bacon are good enough. Waffles aren't on the menu (and if they are, I probably have a power source to use a real waffle iron).

1 and 2 are correct. 3 should says "Use butter milk, not milk." I don't know what 4 is, so I'll just assume it's wrong. 5 is unnecessary. 6 is probably right.7: seriously, you're using whipping cream with syrup? WTF is wrong with you?
You don't know what creamed corn is? And no whip cream on your pancakes?!? Gdamn yankees. Next you're going to tell me that you make eggs and bacon without a side of grits. The South will Rise Again, MFer!

745492.jpg
rebelsmilie.gif

You don't know what creamed corn is? And no whip cream on your pancakes?!? Gdamn yankees. Next you're going to tell me that you make eggs and bacon without a side of grits. The South will Rise Again, MFer!

745492.jpg
rebelsmilie.gif

I missed the corn. Just saw Cream, but I definitely don't want that in Waffles (though I don't mind a little cream corn for dinner). As for grits, had them as a kid and hated them and some things don't change. Had 'em in the NE, S/SE and SW and my opinion never changed. There are other beloved food items out there that everyone else loves that I find disgusting

So you can make waffles that won't fit on your plate...Amazing idea... :rolleyes:

As to other things posted..Born and raised in the south here. Creamed Corn is awful. So are grits really, unless you are talking the instant grits and those are good, especially with runny eggs and bacon. However given the reference to creamed corn I'll assume real grits and ....YECH.

I think I would go with cornmeal before creamed corn.
Haven't tried that, but the creamed corn as I understand it is basically partially dehusked and pureed sweet corn but with added cornstarch. Its already hydrated which lets it fold in nice so you don't have to mix too much (which makes it rubbery if you do), adds a little texture to each bite, and the cornstarch is what makes the waffles much more fluffy (I hate heavy brick pancakes/waffles personally), and the canned stuff uses already sweet corn with a bit of sugar added so it kicks up the sweetness a bit so you don't have to drown it in syrup. :)

You'll be too busy getting your insulin shots.

Ah good, another thing I know is garbage because it requires a kickstarter campaign to produce. So it probably has less features than something I can buy right now, costs more and will likely break prematurely due to shoddy 'upstart company' quality control.

745492.jpg
rebelsmilie.gif

Sometimes, okay most of the time, I disagree with what you say. Then you go and do this. How can I not agree with those words? Even if I wanted to disagree out of spite. It would be blasphemy.

So bravo good Sir, bravo.

No ten-key = no buy, because I'm a pretentious knob that likes to have things they have no practical use for and natter on about it if anything I have even though I have no use for it is missing from any new product.

Back