Keyboard not working in Doom 3

ShimmyT

Gawd
Well this is odd as hell, I went to start up Doom 3 today and I started up my last saved game just fine. I can move my gun and everything but I can't move or select any weapons using my keyboard. I can use all of the Function keys to autosave and autoload, and escape works fine but all of the other keys give me nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

ShimmyT said:
Well this is odd as hell, I went to start up Doom 3 today and I started up my last saved game just fine. I can move my gun and everything but I can't move or select any weapons using my keyboard. I can use all of the Function keys to autosave and autoload, and escape works fine but all of the other keys give me nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try checking your config file to see if all of your keys got unbound? (I guess that would be the opposite of bind hehe)

Try reseting your key bindings via default button. Are you able to bring down the console?

That's happened to me a few times.
Just alt-tab in and out a few times, clicking the mouse and pressing your tab, alt, control and shift keys alternately. I think one of them got stuck for me. My tab key, actually. It has a tendency to do that, these days, really messing up my games. Causing weird glitches with keyboard shortcuts and whatnot.

I get this too sometimes. For some reason, sometimes even when you open Doom3, it's not actually the active application. It does detect your mousemovement but the OS still thinks you're still in the last application you opened. But since you can't alt-tab out of Doom3, it will always be on top.

When i exit Doom3, i would find that i had opened a folder (Coz the last app i had open was the explorer window) or typed my keys into notepad. :confused:

if you really like gaming, i suggest the ZBoard. Makes games much easier. (i have no allegence to this company) the cost is very low and the setup makes for a much more efficient gameplay. i have had no issues such as yours with my ZBoard.happy holidays :D

Back